Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I clearly prefer the winning flavor, but given I'll only be playing like 4 or 5 hours 3 nights a week at most I should probably just dial back the ole expectations and find some more casual people to hang with... the only problem with that is it almost always tends to drive me crazy because for whatever reason the "casual" people always seems to suck balls and be inefficient. I don't want to spend my already limited playtime waiting on some dipshit to figure out how to run to Vox, or some random cleric forgetting where his CH button is wasting all our time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah so whats the FOH guild if I was to get in on this? Do you fucks have a discord set up for this shit?

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
I clearly prefer the winning flavor, but given I'll only be playing like 4 or 5 hours 3 nights a week at most I should probably just dial back the ole expectations and find some more casual people to hang with... the only problem with that is it almost always tends to drive me crazy because for whatever reason the "casual" people always seems to suck balls and be inefficient. I don't want to spend my already limited playtime waiting on some dipshit to figure out how to run to Vox, or some random cleric forgetting where his CH button is wasting all our time.
just play with us, 4 to 5 hours 3 nights a week will be decent RA no problem

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of fogetting to cancel EQ subs. I just found out Im still subbed from a month of Planetside 2 I did like 6 months ago, LOL.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, may do that if you guys will have me Grisvok. Not sure if I'm going to get to start at launch, but eventually I'll be on here for sure.

• 2Like

Mabbu

<Banned>
DBG has announced two new TLPs launching in March to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Everquest. One will be hardcore and another ultra casual. More details to follow.

Producer's Letter: 20 Years of EverQuest

"We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches – one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16"

Prepare for rollcall, time to repeat classic EQ for the 100th time.

For those interested in playing with me and a lot of the Faceless guys from Vulak/Test/LJ/Agnarr jump in discord. Right now we plan to hit at least one if not both servers.

Discord - Faceless 5.0

yes many faceless people from 4 servers plan to play here. some things to keep, Zaide if is going to lead a guild he is only there for server first and will ghost right after then come back to take credit for something the guild did without him.
Grizvok , was kicked out of his own guild on phinny for being afk all the time. His officers will RMT any item of value to pay rent. He will ignore bids on purpose also, if you think I am wrong about either player, just ask people who have been in their guild.
GL, cya soon Griz

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
yes many faceless people from 4 servers plan to play here. some things to keep, Zaide if is going to lead a guild he is only there for server first and will ghost right after then come back to take credit for something the guild did without him.
Grizvok , was kicked out of his own guild on phinny for being afk all the time. His officers will RMT any item of value to pay rent. He will ignore bids on purpose also, if you think I am wrong about either player, just ask people who have been in their guild.
GL, cya soon Griz
JJPgNGA.png

cya soon dominick - mealin - whatever retarded name you call yourself now

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GL, cya soon Griz

Zaide and many others in faceless will rock our for the initial rush and then relax until the next month, and he will give lots of praise to the players and officers and take less credit than deserved.

Grisvok responded to past loot thefts and accusations of impropriety by adding visibility to the dkp and guild bank process. He apparently foresaw your rant and the guild has preemptively addressed potential missed bid accusations by already swapping to open bid. Go compare their two formal recruitment threads to see this.

Faceless I assume will move forward with an emphasis on opening days and bonuses for taking part in server firsts, while Amtrak will probably be a whole lot more "fair" and avoid potential drama from too many arbitrary bonuses.

I'm joining Amtrak. I like both, but way more friends here. Let me know if anyone wants to avatar bet on which guild wins the aten race. I will give you odds.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So will they change the ruleset between here and release ? /boggle

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
They just need to change the mangler rule set to something not retarded. Selos is a good hardcore race rule set.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So will they change the ruleset between here and release ? /boggle

Probably, but for Selo my guess is only the unlock timer gets ruined and probably not longer than 2 months if they do fuck it up.

Mangler who know. I assume it changes but god knows to what; the initial idea is so shit and the team likes to take their ideas as personal and hate backing down so it could get even worse...

Mommy

Golden Knight of the Realm
at this point why leave coirnav? pop opens this week and will be faster than hardcore and only an expansion ahead of the casual server, and yeah 1 month unlocks is too fast IMO unless you want to ride the wave to experience the upper expansions but you wont get bis each expansion cause 1 month is too fast. - played on sleeper. so you wouldnt reeally get to experience the newer expansions cause by the time you get your feet wet youll be moving onto the next, i remember how it was on the sleeper. you go out one weekend miss a raid (cause was no AOCs) then the guild could decide to "take a week off before the next expansion" and you miss it. I remember getting my VT key with IV and i went out that weekend came back they said that was the only VT raid they'd do before the next expansion opened, i was like wat? i spent all that time keying as a solo monk for wat? they ought to remove key requirements if its going to be one month unlock.

will be interesting to see where people go. people that go hardcore probably be investing in PL services M Mommy lol, only thing ive noticed is slower xp = more PL services. to me it makes more sense casuals would want longer unlocks so they have time to get BIS or make multiple alts, i dont get how DBG doesnt understand this. the whole complaint about sleeper/combine WAS that they would unlock in a month and people couldnt experience their favorite expacs long enough. the whole reason some of the votes failed on what fippy?.. was cause casuals wanted more time to experience shit..

but yeah wtf no corpse runs?! this is so dumb.

i guess in DBG's eyes, TLPs are the new "flavor of the year" and faster unlocks means its an easier server but the "casual" should expect to be playing multiple of these servers a year instead of just one cause its "easier." where as the whole concept behind a progression server was to relive the content.....
yea they fucked up these server rulesets pretty bad. its like they made the casual server what the hardcore server wanted to be but to quick expac lock outs. honestly im not sure wtf is ganna go down. selos exp is ganna be so stupid fast that its ganna be a turn and burn more than taking big orders from hardcore players. pllus all the hardcore players already did phini and coirnav they dont want a coirnav 2.0. Just thinking about lvling off classic makes me wanna kill myself. atleast with selos it will be fun for the 5-6 months that it lasts and by that time mangler will be just getting to velious. so could work out nicely. coirnav is defintely ganna be a strong server for a time to come i think.

• 2Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
EQ raiding is its own animal that tends to take over discussions, but I always enjoyed the trying to level efficiently game within the game.

When you’re double charming kennels in Chardick with constant trains for pulls and you’re keeping up with this suicidal pace - I think those moments are cool.

Raids are neat too, just a lot of ego and weird e personalities to deal with.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

i'm right there with you, man. i want "hardcore casual" if that's a thing. efficient when i do play, but not sitting down for 36 hour poopsock races...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i'm right there with you, man. i want "hardcore casual" if that's a thing. efficient when i do play, but not sitting down for 36 hour poopsock races...

Yeah thats my style too. I can put down 30-40 hours a week no probs, 6+ hours a day and maybe even more if I go extendo on the weekends, but not in one sitting lol.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just don't get sucked into the autistic kiddie fights :p Hilarious and sad to read about, not so much anything else.

Will be fun to do content from GoD onwards again, especially after PoR as that will be all new to me and only ever done GoD -> PoR once, so it hasn't become content that I just hate from repetitiveness yet. Hopefully guilds stick around for that.