Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Odd, I dont remember seeing any of that on Zek 4 or 5 years ago. But only played for 6 months or so.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The issue is hacking. You can't see someone first when they have maps and scripted alerts for other players. You can't see them first if they go from zone in to instantly on top of you using harmtouch, and even IF you somehow survive this they can warp out just as quickly. Discord had this and many other problems.

Until/unless they somehow manage to get at least the active shit under control it's just not feasible. I would say, like you, just do it anyway... but I get how ridiculously bad it would look as a company to simply have a server like this.

The answer to this is ultra-harsh merciless punishment. Warn all the players, by all means, of the consequence for doing x,y,z. But when they then do it EVEN ONCE: you perma ban every account associated with them and their personal info, payment info. And let them know they are banned from the server (or game) for x amount of months (or years) and if found to be in violation of that ban, all their shit gets perma banned again. Rinse/repeat.

You make the punishment so draconian that the thrill of a hack kill is overpowered by that 1 percent chance someone is watching and you are done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The answer to this is ultra-harsh merciless punishment. Warn all the players, by all means, of the consequence for doing x,y,z. But when they then do it EVEN ONCE: you perma ban every account associated with them and their personal info, payment info. And let them know they are banned from the server (or game) for x amount of months (or years) and if found to be in violation of that ban, all their shit gets perma banned again. Rinse/repeat.

You make the punishment so draconian that the thrill of a hack kill is overpowered by that 1 percent chance someone is watching and you are done.

It’s daybreak bro lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>

Don't ban them ... permanently migrate all their associated accounts to Bagne de Cayenne, a penal server. Let them all eat each other ...

• 2Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
they have banned people and everything associated with them, but it takes a lot for that to happen and the person can just start over. of course it happened to me but i wasnt active hacking. i actually sent in a video recently of a guy farming juggs with ex-RI characters and in the video you see his monk open the locked jugg door, run out 5 feet, immediately turn around and path back (hes the KISS puller - the guys using kiss obviously). got it on video, gm's said "we'll investigate" and nothing happened. I was like so how do you guys think this monk was opening a locked door?? on video and they did nothing about it.

here you can watch, not only is it obvious its a bot pulling cause it bugs out pathing multiple times, but 2:30 in the video you see this monk straight up open the door and then not even pull any of the juggs that are in view on the video.

i've actually heard this guy now farms the mephitis cave in plane of nightmare on coirnav. hes the same boxer that a_skeleton_03 psoted a video of in chardok and went viral on the eq forums but clearly did nothing to him.

they arent doing shit about shit so hack away.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't watch EQ videos with new models, makes me puke.

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
they have banned people and everything associated with them, but it takes a lot for that to happen and the person can just start over. of course it happened to me but i wasnt active hacking. i actually sent in a video recently of a guy farming juggs with ex-RI characters and in the video you see his monk open the locked jugg door, run out 5 feet, immediately turn around and path back (hes the KISS puller - the guys using kiss obviously). got it on video, gm's said "we'll investigate" and nothing happened. I was like so how do you guys think this monk was opening a locked door?? on video and they did nothing about it.

here you can watch, not only is it obvious its a bot pulling cause it bugs out pathing multiple times, but 2:30 in the video you see this monk straight up open the door and then not even pull any of the juggs that are in view on the video.

i've actually heard this guy now farms the mephitis cave in plane of nightmare on coirnav. hes the same boxer that a_skeleton_03 psoted a video of in chardok and went viral on the eq forums but clearly did nothing to him.

they arent doing shit about shit so hack away.

The remaining CS/GM team probably can't even name every EQ class much less know that Monks can't open locked doors.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Do race or class penalties still exist on the TLP servers?

I believe all bonuses and all penalties for all races and all classes have been finally purged? There haven't been penalties for a very long time and I think they just scoured out the few remaining small bonuses for warrior, rogue and halfling?

You can pick a Troll SK or Iksar or whatever and level exactly the same as everyone else even as some evil race hybrid class.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
TrollBerserker.jpg

EDIT: Berserker alt I created fifteen years ago ...

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
God isn’t Cazic and new models....

I confess I am a Mel / Vorthos style of player (thanks pharmakos pharmakos ), but we had been killing all of the gods in PoP ... over ... and over ... and over. Back flagging recruits from our applicant guild <Midnight Haven> for the main raid guild <Defiant> was a huge burden. Cazic Thule was dead to me ...

I have always liked the new models!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mabbu

<Banned>
I would never want to speak with you on facebook. Stop stealing old peoples medication and get your mind right.

the pig farmer has arrived! actually you did. and so did griz. It's ok though bro, many more movies and shows to tell dunedigger or whatever you decide to name yourself these days. Never hard to get into wild treasures/AoS

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
the pig farmer has arrived! actually you did. and so did griz. It's ok though bro, many more movies and shows to tell dunedigger or whatever you decide to name yourself these days. Never hard to get into wild treasures/AoS
You're actually either delusional or a schizophrenic at this point, I've never spoken to you outside of things related to Everquest.

Unless you know how Pirates of Dark Water ends I don't really care.

• 2Like