Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't even need the scaled for level increase expansion if the exp is close to live.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Max unlock I want for Selo would be like 6 weeks... 3 month would for sure kill it for me.

I almost....almost bought a new laptop to add a box for Selos but the nagging thought in the back of my mind is what if they add long unlocks?

1 month is perfect imo. I can live with it going to 6 weeks at most. If they make it 2-3 months I'm not bothering to play.

Keep Selos as it is and just give me FV free trade loot and remove that silly fucking truebox nonsense.

I don't care how many box armies are running around. Open world targets mean nothing to me on a server with AoCs for scheduled raid times. OW is just extra loot that can be fun to race for here and there but actual guild competition in this game? Zero fucks given.

I want to enjoy my time online playing with folks I have fun shooting the shit with.

I want to see one of these TLPs actually make it live without insane attrition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
6 weeks for selos, 2 months for mangler. Or keep mangler 3 months and make it FV loot rules. Ez. They just saved themselves.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd like 2 months since I'm a filthy casual. 3 months is definitely too long, and they need to combine pop/loy/ldon regardless cause even at 1 month unlocks that's still just 3 months of PoP aka Time farming. 6 months if they went with 2 month unlocks would be when everyone drops out

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
So are there daybreak store mounts? I don’t remember shot other than spending like 100k on a horse then getting a seru one

Daybreak Marketplace has mounts with 250hp/200m(130AC in like SoD) 4 hour buff and 64 velocity (bard speed mounts are 74 or 75) for 2500 Daybreak coins. These become active on Luclin unlock so Selo "should" have them.

I'll follow up with the other two game changer Daybreak Marketplace unlocks, both of which unlock in PoP: Mercenary Boxes (20 slots not lore) for 1200 coins, and Polymorph Wand: Fairy Illusion (4 hours) for 750 coins.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
There's basically no chance that they'll combine LDoN and PoP. There is no reason to not combine LoY though. The 2 raids are wildly out of era to be relevant. They're basically early Luclin level equivalent so being after PoP makes them pretty worthless.

Sterling

El Presidente
Daybreak Marketplace has mounts with 250hp/200m(130AC in like SoD) 4 hour persistent through death buff and 64 velocity (bard speed mounts are 74 or 75) for 2500 Daybreak coins. These become active on Luclin unlock so Selo "should" have them.

I'll follow up with the other two game changer Daybreak Marketplace unlocks, both of which unlock in PoP: Mercenary Boxes (20 slots not lore) for 1200 coins, and Polymorph Wand: Fairy Illusion (4 hours) for 750 coins.
Mount buff does not persist through death.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they make it 2-3 months I'm not bothering to play.

This will be you day one. You know you wanna rock some Gebs with me.

23721200-F967-4BC3-BF30-A05512278AE2.gif

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Luclin models looked better in screenshots due to better detail but there was something horribly off-putting about how they moved around in game in addition to how they seemed to lack that je ne sais quoi with character and personality of the faces. Hard to describe. Basically:

Luclin models were good at looking nice in 2d planes / screenshots
Vanilla models were good at looking nice in 3d planes / movement in-game

I'm an -old models with velious textures or die- kinda gal and was eternally irked that I couldn't use a horse mount with old models.

You can use old models with mounts, just looks stupid.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You can use old models with mounts, just looks stupid.
! Oh cool

I never got the memo but then again, haven't played Live EQ in eons and never saw past Luclin on TLPs LoL. When did this change, like 5 years ago probably? I always had to carry my AoN to turn into a skelly in order to use my Seru Horse back when I played EQ. (I quit right at SoF, whenever that was)

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mount buff does not persist through death.

You're right. I edited my post. I was thinking of the illusion benefit for wolf form.

I hope they combine LoY with PoP. LoY was never even marketed as an expansion originally. I understand why they seperated them on Agnarr because of the lock, but Selo is about progression.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
LoY was a content patch, that was back when they briefly tried doing cheaper expansions every 6 months and I don’t think they even called it or Ldon expansions iirc

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LoY also included a lot of nice upgrade features that are now packaged into eq. It meant a lot more at the time because of all the QOL stuff. Now? I think it should release with level 60 stuff to have a chance of relevance.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing I remember about LoY was poor trolls, frogs and zones no one went too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Regime Regime talking shit but he's going to end up ghosting out early on just like on phinny!

The exact opposite. I’m going to roll in on my cleric in July and have you and Cupie12 Cupie12 PL me then help get me my water sprinkler to Rez your 10 peck alts.

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Didn't LoY give us maps, shared bank space, dyes and some other small QoL stuff?

These days it'd be berated as a P2Win Cash Shop money grab list of features.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Didn't LoY give us maps, shared bank space, dyes and some other small QoL stuff?

These days it'd be berated as a P2Win Cash Shop money grab list of features.
Yeah, but most of that stuff is just baked into the base game now. And dyes are an abomination.