Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok. What about not doing any of the first part and leaving in aocs, and just having a single "spawn day" each week where it insta respawns any dead motm mobs? You still get your instances and normal stuff but each week at whatever time you also get that race.
There wouldn't be a race. It'd just be a non stop poopsock of those mobs at those times and the poopsock woukd get longer and longer as guilds try and claim first in force.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
"racing" on non-pvp servers has always been a skilless exercise in retardation.

But its still a better option then the AOC that flood the server with far more high end items than was intended by the original creators of the game and zones.

Since its far too ambitious to hope for real challenge on Mangler like corpse runs, the least they can do is remove the AoC from the server.

Leaving Mangler as it is now, and remove AoC. That would make it the most "classic" of any TLP thus far.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
"racing" on non-pvp servers has always been a skilless exercise in retardation.

But its still a better option then the AOC that flood the server with far more high end items than was intended by the original creators of the game and zones.

Since its far too ambitious to hope for real challenge on Mangler like corpse runs, the least they can do is remove the AoC from the server.

Leaving Mangler as it is now, and remove AoC. That would make it the most "classic" of any TLP thus far.
Whoa bro these are Michael Jordan's of eq you are talking about.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Barkley wouldnt play on a TLP. Shits changed, this aint the golden age of EQ anymore.

barkley1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
damn now i'm picturing all the faceless guys raiding while listening to all those Quad City DJs mixes of space jam

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think its less about skill, EQ PvE is more wisdom than skill. Those which know more play better and faster. dont get me wrong, there is a bit of skill in playing your class and shit, but the overall knowledge of the game, its zones, its spawns, its systems, is way more valuable than someone facerolling number five quicker and better than the rest.

And if above is true this would make me Darko Miličić

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
No one is warming up to my latest suggestion the official forums. I must be FAR removed from what official EQ turned into. starting day one on rallos, then sullon, then EQmac, then p99.

Somewhere in the above timeline EQlive and the people that play it went to pot. I feel way out of touch. Why do they all want super ez mode?

Sterling

El Presidente
I doubt they'd ever do another TLP without AoCs. You'd end up with like 2 total raid guilds and maybe a couple of feeder leveling guilds. Population would be real, real low.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
you tried TAKP ever? lots of old school EQMac-ers are on there

Yeah I have some low level toons there and like it a lot. I raided a lot of server firsts with Tem back on EQmac. I'm just trying to exert a old school influence on these SUPPOSEDLY "time locked progression" servers. I thought Angarr might of been cool, and actually rolled up there but it was so ez mode with no corpse runs and maps and all that garbage I left by mid 40s.

Realistically Alkabor and red99 are probably my only options from here on out. The first few weeks of these TLPs are kinda interesting since being in rags mildly recalls olden times, but it soon wears off and the server devolves into one huge ez mode pinata where everyone gets a trophy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No one is warming up to my latest suggestion the official forums. I must be FAR removed from what official EQ turned into. starting day one on rallos, then sullon, then EQmac, then p99.

Somewhere in the above timeline EQlive and the people that play it went to pot. I feel way out of touch. Why do they all want super ez mode?

Wtf were you on EQmac? Placer?

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
EasyRider.png

Bunch of mewling Luddites in this thread ... Sliced through your mount's back and standing on it's imaginary genitals? WHERE IS THE GOD OF YOUR OLD MODELS NOW?!

• 1Like