<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this graphical summary of the new servers

50CC08A9-078A-42B3-8F7A-85A0F8EDB1B8.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Nice. Was a suggestion to rename Mangler to Lodizal. Would consider switching just for turtle AoCs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Original server pics are proof DBG has no fucking clue what they are doing. Selos was a percussion song.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Selo is a surname and was a bard. Many bard songs and abilities carry his name, most of them aren't percussion. I don't know if there is any lore on him, google didn't help either, but considering his drum's drop from Ring of Scale faction dragons i would guess he was killed by them at some point in EQ lore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I think its less about skill, EQ PvE is more wisdom than skill. Those which know more play better and faster. dont get me wrong, there is a bit of skill in playing your class and shit, but the overall knowledge of the game, its zones, its spawns, its systems, is way more valuable than someone facerolling number five quicker and better than the rest.

Exactly. And returning after many years is rather painful. All information is either outdated or stuff like p99 related. After POP no one really bothered to create sites with quality content it seems (any suggestions much appreciated). Hell I even read 50 pages reddit/r/everquest for help.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Exactly. And returning after many years is rather painful. All information is either outdated or stuff like p99 related. After POP no one really bothered to create sites with quality content it seems (any suggestions much appreciated). Hell I even read 50 pages reddit/r/everquest for help.

Everquest Guides

Allakhazam has also started working on progression wikis and their shit tends to be the most comprehensive, but their site currently has the clap until some dude gets back from vacation or whatever.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Selo is a surname and was a bard. Many bard songs and abilities carry his name, most of them aren't percussion. I don't know if there is any lore on him, google didn't help either, but considering his drum's drop from Ring of Scale faction dragons i would guess he was killed by them at some point in EQ lore.

He's running down stairs. So obviously not using Selo's Song of Travel, but if he's not at least using Accelerandro, that is even MORE evidence of DBG's incompetence.

Tarmie

Golden Squire
He's running down stairs. So obviously not using Selo's Song of Travel, but if he's not at least using Accelerandro, that is even MORE evidence of DBG's incompetence.
Lute in primary hand, must be lute if the howler I guess but why not have a drum in off hand too... Is it possible that Selo is actually a bad bard and not even using /melody ?

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So, any semi-casual group of pros starting up if one doesn't want to go all out with the faceless/amtrak route? The next PoE league looks too good to skip.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Well I am unimpressed. I was thinking it was going to be a literal restart of vanilla EQ. So now you can instance raids, your items are on you when you die, coin doesn't weigh anything, a lot of the zones are revamped, and worst of all we are starting in Luclin?? This sounds stupid. I want to farm LGuk and have EC tunnel Sunday bazaars. Where do I need to go to get a server like this? I don't follow all these EQ servers and stuff. Is there one like this, or a 3rd party one or something? I don't care if it's got a little increased xp or faster rare spawns. I just want to start at day 1, not Luclin, and preferably not have new expansions ever 4 weeks.

• 1Seriously?

Sterling

El Presidente
Well I am unimpressed. I was thinking it was going to be a literal restart of vanilla EQ. So now you can instance raids, your items are on you when you die, coin doesn't weigh anything, a lot of the zones are revamped, and worst of all we are starting in Luclin?? This sounds stupid. I want to farm LGuk and have EC tunnel Sunday bazaars. Where do I need to go to get a server like this? I don't follow all these EQ servers and stuff. Is there one like this, or a 3rd party one or something? I don't care if it's got a little increased xp or faster rare spawns. I just want to start at day 1, not Luclin, and preferably not have new expansions ever 4 weeks.
They are releasing 2 servers and one starts in classic and has 3 month releases, larger death penalties and focus effects disabled until Luclin,

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where have you been for the past 6 years? Every server has been like that up until this point. But as Sterling Sterling pointed out, there are 2 servers releasing. Have fun!

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
They are releasing 2 servers and one starts in classic and has 3 month releases, larger death penalties and focus effects disabled until Luclin,

Nice, which one? I don't see anything on the EQ blog about it. I will have to check that out! Or are you talking about Selo and Mangler? Thanks.

Edit: Oh I see, you're talking about Mangler. I didn't even look at that one, just Selos and saw the Luclin start. Mangler sounds better now that I read up on it. It still has the no corpse run stuff, and the revamped zones, but I am betting they are all this way now days. Do P99 or whatever those other 3rd party ones ever have new servers that are closer to original EQ ruleset?

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Stave

Potato del Grande
Where have you been for the past 6 years? Every server has been like that up until this point. But as Sterling Sterling pointed out, there are 2 servers releasing. Have fun!

I haven't followed EQ much to be honest. Now that WoW is dying, I have an itch for some OG EQ. That and this thread popping up made me remissness about the good ol EQ days. I may hate it though once I actually play it, who knows, but I'm down to try! Now if they would just release a vanilla progression server for FFXI I would be super happy.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Luclin is a shit fucking expansion, I would rather grate my nuts than get excited for Vex Thal.

Finally they put out a server with fast XP and they sprinkle shit all over it with these dumb ass unlocks and... luclin?

The retard that made Manglers XP slower than Coirnav's needs to be named and shamed, fucking idiots I swear to god!

caf.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe there are people that actually want corpse runs.

And I have even seen people on EQ forums call that "challenging".

Also luclin is 10000000x better then starting in fucking classic again and doing classic through velious for the 1000th time.

• 3Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Luclin is a shit fucking expansion, I would rather grate my nuts than get excited for Vex Thal.

Finally they put out a server with fast XP and they sprinkle shit all over it with these dumb ass unlocks and... luclin?

The retard that made Manglers XP slower than Coirnav's needs to be named and shamed, fucking idiots I swear to god!

View attachment 195419
Once the nostalgia shine wears off after a short stint on the TLP servers most people come to realize Trilogy and PoP are actually very shallow. GoD and Luclin are much better TLP experiences than the other expansions. There's just way more to do and a larger variety of raids etc. GoD is probably the best TLP expansion that I've done which is through SoD. Luclin is the probably my favorite expansion prior to GoD.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Nice, which one? I don't see anything on the EQ blog about it. I will have to check that out! Or are you talking about Selo and Mangler? Thanks.

Edit: Oh I see, you're talking about Mangler. I didn't even look at that one, just Selos and saw the Luclin start. Mangler sounds better now that I read up on it. It still has the no corpse run stuff, and the revamped zones, but I am betting they are all this way now days. Do P99 or whatever those other 3rd party ones ever have new servers that are closer to original EQ ruleset?
A lot of that stuff is baked into the game at this point. You won't get old Freeport etc. P99 is closer to the original EQ than TLP but it's not in classic and it's been around awhile to mature so not sure what it's like to start fresh there since I've never actually played there.