Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Tank merc can solo to 65-70 np. It's crazy strong at low levels
Like 3-4 years ago when I was playing EQ for the 8th time, me and my brother parked our shit in the hole, the temple area with all of our mercs overnight for AA farming. They would slaughter everything no problem.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also pretty sure the xp death penalty thing on Mangler is just no extra penalty, not literally no xp loss.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Rather they had started at Velious, but Luclin is the second best option I guess. My logic being I'd rather just worry with the grind to 60 and raid full time instead of worrying with grind to 60 PLUS the AA grind on top of that on launch while obsessively raiding nightly.

They did change the title from "casual" server to "fast progression" server for Selos, yes?

Sterling

El Presidente
Rather they had started at Velious, but Luclin is the second best option I guess. My logic being I'd rather just worry with the grind to 60 and raid full time instead of worrying with grind to 60 PLUS the AA grind on top of that on launch while obsessively raiding nightly.

They did change the title from "casual" server to "fast progression" server for Selos, yes?
The grind to 60 is going to be like a day or something. And yes they rebranded it as fast progression and turned Mangler into Phinny 3.0 with better xp.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
How big a difference will no focus effects be? I wonder which items they will forget about and those will work. White Dragoncale Cloak w/o Imp Damage is meh.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How big a difference will no focus effects be? I wonder which items they will forget about and those will work. White Dragoncale Cloak w/o Imp Damage is meh.

Assuming your guild was making wdc go to dps and bcg to necros then dot classes... playing a cleric in classic eq was fucking lame. There was very literally nothing worth chasing except a retarded shield you would be swapping out next expansion still. You need a ton on raids, especially sky, but there was nothing for you and you had to hope your guild let you bank the dkp for later.

Now every fucking caster can feel the same way.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Glad they made Mangler reasonable though taking out Focus effects is dumb. That is the least of why casters have an advantage early on, which seems mostly due to buffed spells and lowered resists. As you said, it just kills incentive to raid.

Very interested to see how Selo goes but can't pretend I could keep up after LDoN when it actually kicks into high gear.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So they threw in the towel on Mangler and its just more of the same. oh well, thankfully there is alkabor and p99.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Dont they usually launch progression servers with douple exp weekends anyway, nerds are gonna be 60 in a day

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Not only is there a variable amount, there is also the likely 20th bonus which could be 100% or could be something else arbitrary or could be excluding these 2 servers.

This is before shit like zone crowding and hostile neighbors while trying to grind. My premade has a druid so after 26 we can always "fuck this" if it happens. I strongly suspect many of us will end up in some toxic crowd given how many premades there are plus just a Saturday release may see others/casuals/puggers playing late and clowning around places. Some group boating to iceclad and just fucking up garbage for basic level xp may easily pass people trying to do higher zem shit like mseru or kaesora if the latter get harassed.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Not only is there a variable amount, there is also the likely 20th bonus which could be 100% or could be something else arbitrary or could be excluding these 2 servers.

This is before shit like zone crowding and hostile neighbors while trying to grind. My premade has a druid so after 26 we can always "fuck this" if it happens. I strongly suspect many of us will end up in some toxic crowd given how many premades there are plus just a Saturday release may see others/casuals/puggers playing late and clowning around places. Some group boating to iceclad and just fucking up garbage for basic level xp may easily pass people trying to do higher zem shit like mseru or kaesora if the latter get harassed.

The great thing about starting in Luclin is that griefers will be more spread out. I dont think it will be that bad.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
from a dev:

We discussed and strongly considered both FV rules and Truebox rules. For this round of progression servers, we do not think either of these options would offer the best 20th anniversary experience. We realize that will be very disappointing to the advocates of each, but the feedback is noted for the future.

not sure i agree, but i see their point. don't want to have anything too weird for the 20th anniversary, something more representative of standard EQ makes sense.

yerm

They need to release a fv falsebox 6mo unlock server just to get those folks off the real ones. Call it the qeynos sewers server.