Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ill be on mangler.

Wish it had selo's xp rate but lj/rf xp rate is pretty good.

I imagine Mangler will have considerably less population for the 5-6 months before the GoD drop off and it will pickup, which will make the servers economy pretty good I would imagine.

Krono farmers will oversaturate the top end items and make everything cheap as fuck.

Mostly casuals with the same mindset as me, makes for good times, just not going to make the mistake of rolling rogue this time around! While being BiS 3 weeks into the server was great and all, it was still lackluster as fuck, who gives a shit if you backstab for 300+ in classic when you miss 8 times in a row and maybe BS for <100 90% of the time you do connect.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't ever really buy or sell anything. I like to pay the iron price for all my gear, and I'd rather the challenge of obtaining be encounter difficulty rather than dealing with krono farmers.

My ideal server would have private respawning instances of whatever you wanted. If I want a hastey sash, I could make my own lower guk and be able to rotate group members in and out like a pick. Charge 100 daybreak moneys to make one and make it last for 8 hours or something. Win / Win

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't ever really buy or sell anything. I like to pay the iron price for all my gear, and I'd rather the challenge of obtaining be encounter difficulty rather than dealing with krono farmers.

My ideal server would have private respawning instances of whatever you wanted. If I want a hastey sash, I could make my own lower guk and be able to rotate group members in and out like a pick. Charge 100 daybreak moneys to make one and make it last for 8 hours or something. Win / Win
They had to change how pickzones worked due to the amount of server resources that they took up. This isn't likely to ever happen,

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I like Mangler a lot more now. Not great, but I may end up rolling there after a few expacs drop

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like Mangler a lot more now. Not great, but I may end up rolling there after a few expacs drop

Mangler sounds more my speed/style, but 3 month unlocks is just a bit too insane, especially since they are starting in classic. A whole year to get to PoP? No thanks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah. I was a little bummed that Selo is so fast but three months is too long. Six weeks would have been a sweet spot for me.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
at least it's 6 weeks of Luclin before PoP hits.

then three months of PoP effectively, which is too long...

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Is there a safer way for an Iksar to get to the Spires than Lake of Ill Omen -> Frontier Mountains -> Dreadlands? Can an Iksar get to the dock in FV without being killed? I might have to try that as I think navigating through BB to the GFay Spire would be safer, if longer. This would be as a mid teens Beastlord.

Edit: Managed to do it from LoIO to FV to BB to GFay. FV you can swim around the back (there's no mobs in the water) and though you can't hail the translocator from the water, there's a nearby ladder you can climb up and I didn't come across any NPCs on my path, so this seems pretty viable come launch. I even did it without SoW so SoW would have made it even less stressful. The only real potential danger was the spiders in FV.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Mangler kills Coirnav with its ruleset I think.

Coirnav was dead on arrival. It got run by mabbu the krosino man and was contested by casual guilds. Lmfao.mangler with casual exp rate will definitely send coirnav to grave.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mangler kills Coirnav with its ruleset I think.

Good. DBG should be releasing the best rulesets they can; if it kills a server, that server wasn't worth it anyway. Coirnav was just a bad phinny clone in the first place so nothing of value is being lost.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kontra

The Rat King
I still don't really understand the purpose of creating 2 TLP's? It was somewhat understandable when they were doing "hardcore" and "casual" but now it really doesn't make any sense....just splitting the playerbase at this point, and ensuring that both servers ultimately end up with very low populations past OoW. So many people wanted FV ruleset, I don't really understand why at least 1 of the 2 didn't get it either. You can't appease everyone, I get it...but if the goal is long term playability, why not make them as attractive as possible, to as many as possible?

edit: Mealin you need to sit down and count to 10.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
So someone recently on the official forums went through and tracked how many guilds cleared content and cleared it in era on live. And it showed a marked decline of population for both metrics. Later in that same thread a Dev mentioned that for the last few years EQ has held a steady population. I think the reason for 2 TLPs is because they really are Daybreak's bread and butter now. Its why we got some more interesting rulesets this time, why we got 2 servers, why they went back and removed focus which is something they have said they couldn't do, ect.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea Mangler would be more ideal if there wasn't 3 month unlocks. I pretty much know for a fact I'm not going to be on this server for a year just to get to PoP, nostalgia doesn't last that long. Best scenario would be Mangler exp rate with 2 month unlock and start at Luclin.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I'd love a kunark start with two month unlocks, personally. I love having done iksars. But it's hard to please everyone.

Does anyone know if the vox/naggy aoc has the 52 level limit? I've seen conflicting information on that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd love a kunark start with two month unlocks, personally. I love having done iksars. But it's hard to please everyone.

Does anyone know if the vox/naggy aoc has the 52 level limit? I've seen conflicting information on that.

If you fight Vox or Nagafen in an instance spawned with the Agent of Change the level limit does not apply. They do have the same buffs all the other raid bosses have been given so you have to bring at least a few people.

• 1Solidarity

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I don’t mind the classic start. I view POP as this games version of wotlk. Meaning it’s viewed fondly by people and was epic from a story standpoint but brought many of the major changes that ended up really killing the magic of the game.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users