Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
DBG has announced two new TLPs launching in March to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Everquest. One will be hardcore and another ultra casual. More details to follow.

Producer's Letter: 20 Years of EverQuest

"We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches – one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16"

Prepare for rollcall, time to repeat classic EQ for the 100th time.

For those interested in playing with me and a lot of the Faceless guys from Vulak/Test/LJ/Agnarr jump in discord. Right now we plan to hit at least one if not both servers.

Discord - Faceless 5.0

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'll be there, and promptly quit in the first month. Count me in.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I hope that "hardcore" does not imply a miserable experience rate and instead means something closer to no boxing, no instancing, no pick zones, old school corpse retrieval, no map, etc. Just strip out a bunch of features and let the wolves set upon each other. For the people not interested in that there will be a carebear alternative. Heck, just the existence of the carebear server is going to keep people clawing at each other on the hardcore server longer than they might otherwise put up with it. No one wants to have their l33t self image shattered.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I hope that "hardcore" does not imply a miserable experience rate and instead means something closer to no boxing, no instancing, no pick zones, old school corpse retrieval, no map, etc. Just strip out a bunch of features and let the wolves set upon each other. For the people not interested in that there will be a carebear alternative. Heck, just the existence of the carebear server is going to keep people clawing at each other on the hardcore server longer than they might otherwise put up with it. No one wants to have their l33t self image shattered.

Depending on rules I expect most to go casual. Within a month the hardcore server will have one guild which will be doomed due to lack of recruitment, unless the rules are also very fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Why 2 servers DBG, y u never get anything right? just give us fucking agnarr 2.0

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Casual server sounds fun. Hardcore sounds pointless we already had that before phinny and agnarr

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the "Michael Jordans" of EQ come out of the woodwork our crew will make a guild 100%. We're only interested in competing head to head against the best of the best and this timing would be perfect. Praying for FV ruleset personally and hopefully this will be more like EQ used to be than this watered down version on TLP's.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
If they don't allow boxing then thank but no thanks.
I'm not going back to the times of playing a single char, ever.

Sterling

El Presidente
If one of the servers is FV loot rules and combine/sleeper unlocks with AoCs? That might be exciting.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This is what i've been advocating for EQ (and Pantheon) forever. IF this hardcore server brings back the mechanics from yesteryear. Corpse runs, no maps, lose level if you die too much, all that.

If its hardcore only because the xp rate is bad, then who the hell cares.

Really corpse runs are the most integral part of this. We will see.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
there'll be boxing. dude theres people boxing 30 accounts on coirnav, warping and all sorts of shit. was a huge video of ex relentless insomnia chars botting in sirens and chardok and those chars didnt get banned. its gonna be "hardcore" wild wild west if you ask me. maybe they crack down on launch but after that itll be hilarious. its not even mq2, theres the everquestbot.com now lol