Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Zaide

TLP Idealist
For those interested in playing with me and a lot of the Faceless guys from Vulak/Test/LJ/Agnarr jump in discord. Right now we plan to hit at least one if not both servers.

Discord - Faceless 5.0

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I'll always remember Cukernaut Cukernaut as the man he was, not the cuck he became :(

Lololol. You just wait I’ll have an army of childhood labor for the 30th anniversary tlp. I’m playing the long game.

I’m legit considering playing in some way shape or form

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lololol. You just wait I’ll have an army of childhood labor for the 30th anniversary tlp. I’m playing the long game.

I’m legit considering playing in some way shape or form

If you cant get time off for the first week you can always be sleep relief. Jump in and do a 4 to 8 hour session about 48 hours after launch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I don't know how you guys can do classic though luclin so many times and still get excited to do it again. I just think about VP key/VT key again and want to slit my wrists.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Homie we all hang out still everyday, youre welcome to join us in Discord. We play a shit ton of games together, pretty much any ARPG or MMO now matter how shitty that comes out and youre welcome to come marinate. Its basically Dannin, Drillisen, Siirx, Mugatu, Thraka, Elaida, Webin and everyones friends.
Discord link plz? PM if needed

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man I don't know how you guys can do classic though luclin so many times and still get excited to do it again. I just think about VP key/VT key again and want to slit my wrists.

You haven't optimized. You do a little classic, stab Trak, get your epic, disappear, do some Velious, disappear, do some PoP, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Dont forget PoSky lol, doing that shit on Coirnav again some of us wanted to die.

Discord link plz? PM if needed

Sent via PM, people like it private low key. Most people sounding interested in only doing an FV ruleset server which G Grisvok has a hardon for

Wynn

Yeah, I know a ton of people wanting an FV server more than anything ever...I'm skeptical it will ever happen, I know that's one of the big rules that would actually make me want to fully commit to a new TLP. I'll definitely do the launch week of the new one just b/c I do kind of enjoy those first days leveling up and etc, but I do agree with Cinge the thought of 3 month unlocks, exact same ruleset as Phinny/Coirnav etc just isn't super appealing.

While they've since become trashcan servers, I think Lockjaw/Ragefire era was the last TLPs that captured some of the core feel of original EQ just because they had very limited pickzones at launch and never had instanced raids. I don't think real competition will ever happen on an AoC TLP because why would it? If your guild loses the race to be #1, just join the #1 guild. The rest of the server will mostly be people that want to do scheduled instance raids in any case, so the #1 guild will always be working to keep that roster big to maintain their 24/7 batphone capability. One of the big advantages I see too for the guilds that just do AoC, is you can actually be selective and build the guild how you want it. At least on Agnarr I always felt to maintain 24/7 batphone capacity you had to tolerate lots of people in guild who I'd never have otherwise voluntarily played with. I made a lot of good friends from the core players on Agnarr but lot of trash bag people came through as tourists.

I remember nights on Lockjaw with 300+ people in PoFear all just staring each other down waiting for CT to spawn, and any raid guild on the server had to be willing to live like that because there was no AoC option to let you opt out of it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dont forget PoSky lol, doing that shit on Coirnav again some of us wanted to die.

Don't tell anyone else, but I just /melody and afkd alot in sky, especially on sister farms. :) I think the only real time I payed attention was bees(obviously more so when having to kite them) and the times I had to give out key pieces.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something like Quarm would be really fun again with short team goals and cosmetic / title rewards etc. Something like the ARPG's do that a ton of us here play. That way you arent always starting in classic and doing the same thing on repeat. I personally have never seen past DoN and ive heard from friends that they had some amazing expansions in EQ later on down the road.

krysanth

I would like it to start at classic for sure, its the best. And allow boxing which is half the fun for me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OoW, Dodh and PoR are fun imo. DoN is kind of meh, but not horrible(as long as you are not in charge of idiots getting flags). That's as far as I have gone.

I said before if you want to do something new, make people start in GoD and beyond, as most players on these TLPs quit in PoP/start of GoD and haven't seen anything past that.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
OoW, Dodh and PoR are fun imo. DoN is kind of meh, but not horrible(as long as you are not in charge of idiots getting flags). That's as far as I have gone.

I said before if you want to do something new, make people start in GoD and beyond, as most players on these TLPs quit in PoP/start of GoD and haven't seen anything past that.
You actually like PoR?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked deathknel? I think it was called? Like you started at the top and worked your way down the tower for the raid.

Wynn

After I was done on Agnarr I actually went back to the Lockjaw guild, which at that point was near the end of GoD; I'm glad I did because it's let me do some raids I've never done. GoD, Omens, DoN, DoDH (which the server is in now--actually the whole LJ guild xferred to Ragefire b/c Ragefire has essentially no players left.) I've messed around with GoD/Omens stuff on live servers where you can easily solo it, but hadn't ever done it "in era", and found it pretty fun. DoDH is probably one of my favorite things I've done in EQ and that alone has made it worth doing the last ~8 months or so on that server.

DoN like Cinge said is kind of meh, the top raid dragon is actually a fun fight, but other than him the raids are relatively easy and the loot is worse than Anguish from the lower tier raids so most guilds don't do them, informal groups will do them to get gear for alts basically. The "group progression" in DoN is a fuck ton of mission farming to build up faction and complete a really long series of storyline quests...that is a complete bear and not very enjoyable at all.

Wynn

Something like Quarm would be really fun again with short team goals and cosmetic / title rewards etc. Something like the ARPG's do that a ton of us here play. That way you arent always starting in classic and doing the same thing on repeat. I personally have never seen past DoN and ive heard from friends that they had some amazing expansions in EQ later on down the road.

Yah, I've actually really wanted to see them do another Quarm type server, had a few friends that did it who all said it was a great experience. I was too deep into WoW mythic raiding and other shit when it was released so I completely missed it.