Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Sooo a source of mine at DBG dropped me a few hints. This should be interesting.

My source DEEP in the company said it was gonna be a "pre-gen" pvp server. At char creation you picked one of several tricked out toons and then logged in to slay.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So far the only information is that they are progression servers with one "ultra-casual" and one "hardcore."

We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches – one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16.

I'd be thrilled to get a server with a quirky, unique ruleset but I honestly don't expect much with either of them. No AoC + open world PvP (simple, easy to implement, fits the theme of hardcore) is the absolute farthest reaches of what I think is even possible and even that I think is too far out there. The casual server could have no raid mob +difficulty buffs along with boxing and easy exp. I just don't think we're going to get anything fancy until they launch one of these and it is a dismal failure. Coirnav wasn't a failure so expect most of what we've seen before with a bit of glitter sprinkled on it.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Am I the only soul on these forums that actually played with Project M? probably.

Sullon Zek + Fironia Vie (with all the language and RPing restrictions of course, not just all item lootable) w/ corpse runs and ONE char per account w/ truebox.

That is what we need.

From the new EQ2 server:

• Nagafen is a seasonal, free-for-all PvP server.
    [*]Nagafen is a Free-Trade server, where most items are tradeable.
    [*]Beta access is free, but live will require membership.
    [*]In-game scoreboards will keep track of the top killers.
    [*]Only one character is allowed per account.
    [*]Stats will be customized and updated for PvP and balance.

They are starting to see the light. Lets hope the same for the EQ1 server.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far the only information is that they are progression servers with one "ultra-casual" and one "hardcore."

I'd be thrilled to get a server with a quirky, unique ruleset but I honestly don't expect much with either of them. No AoC + open world PvP (simple, easy to implement, fits the theme of hardcore) is the absolute farthest reaches of what I think is even possible and even that I think is too far out there. The casual server could have no raid mob +difficulty buffs along with boxing and easy exp. I just don't think we're going to get anything fancy until they launch one of these and it is a dismal failure. Coirnav wasn't a failure so expect most of what we've seen before with a bit of glitter sprinkled on it.

I think that's what the fans want, the same ol' shit, anything different is risky as fuck...

As a casual myself, getting a fast xp server where hitting max level is generally thought to be "easy" would be ideal, jump right into raids and do my couple raid nights a week and I will have no problem paying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You sure Coirnav wasn't a failure? Thought its population was underwhelming for a TLP

Sterling

El Presidente
You sure Coirnav wasn't a failure? Thought its population was underwhelming for a TLP
It's fine right now, but it's low enough that with these new servers it'll probably really struggle to get through the level 70 stretch when it gets to that point.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I want an official dad server. You can sperg out on your hardcore server, while I live the dream and do my own casual progression.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Will it be a good server for using bind sight lag to get people banned by remdag?
Ah remdag was the crazy gm on agnarr. Dunno bro prob gotta remove him to fix that one, less of a game mechanics issue more of a GM issue

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
My source deep undercover with the KGB (aka the true owners of Daybreak) told me "Fuck that, this is Russia!" then proceeded to get drunk. So I'm pretty excited for how these servers are going to play out.

Also some and/or all of the above might be fictional.

Thyflesh

N00b
Remember when they rolled out that 'play as a monster' server? You typed some command and could randomly spawn as a fire beetle or lizard in Rathe Mnt? Fire Beetle PVP Server?! *snap snap snap*

lost

<Bronze Donator>
From the new EQ2 server:

They are starting to see the light. Lets hope the same for the EQ1 server.

wow one character per account? thats great since i never make more than one character per account unless its a level 1 mule. for most boxers i'd assume we make a new account each time we make new character, so you can sell/box the other account later on, or dont lose multiple chars if you get in trouble.

does remdag even exist still, he went quiet

Last edited: