Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Luclin models made EQ finally worth playing without staring at the floor/ceiling.

• 4WTF
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Luclin models made EQ finally worth playing without staring at the floor/ceiling.
Literally the only reason to use new models was mounts. I know you need them to use ornaments, but that shit is an abomination in itself.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Right but let's focus on what's really important: both iterations of EQ models are superior to Pantheon's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I was pleasantly surprised on Coirnav that I did NOT in fact need to enable those awful models for my mount.

Sit aggro is real, people. Unless you're sitting on a horse.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So are there daybreak store mounts? I don’t remember shot other than spending like 100k on a horse then getting a seru one

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Imagine 100k or whatever will be real hard to come by but $10 not so much to start with perma med status outside

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There are generally store mounts that even have a smallish ac/hp/mana buffs. They get better as expansions unlock over time too.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
people are clamoring to un-nerf the xp on Mangler on the official forums. So dumb. Now im curious to see what revisions the devs release for both servers.

Sterling

El Presidente
people are clamoring to un-nerf the xp on Mangler on the official forums. So dumb. Now im curious to see what revisions the devs release for both servers.
They'll probably end up doing something real dumb like make mangler have 2 month unlocks and slightly increase xp and then take selos and give it long unlocks because of the forum retards and then both servers will be kind of shitty.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Max unlock I want for Selo would be like 6 weeks... 3 month would for sure kill it for me.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Luclin models looked better in screenshots due to better detail but there was something horribly off-putting about how they moved around in game in addition to how they seemed to lack that je ne sais quoi with character and personality of the faces. Hard to describe. Basically:

Luclin models were good at looking nice in 2d planes / screenshots
Vanilla models were good at looking nice in 3d planes / movement in-game

I'm an -old models with velious textures or die- kinda gal and was eternally irked that I couldn't use a horse mount with old models.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They'll probably end up doing something real dumb like make mangler have 2 month unlocks and slightly increase xp and then take selos and give it long unlocks because of the forum retards and then both servers will be kind of shitty.

Man I hope not. Most I would want on selo is 2 months(but then combine LoY/LDon/PoP). Most people were bored of an expansion and you started to see attrition 4-6weeks in on previous TLPs.

I really don't care what happens to mangler, I never want to go to classic/kunark again.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My guess is they "compromise" and do more of that scaled unlock where like its 3mo if a level increase but stays 1mo if not, something like that.

What they should do is just show a metric (we all know exists) where server pops dip as expansions progress and tell all the people yammering to go play on mangler.

Sterling

El Presidente
My guess is they "compromise" and do more of that scaled unlock where like its 3mo if a level increase but stays 1mo if not, something like that.

What they should do is just show a metric (we all know exists) where server pops dip as expansions progress and tell all the people yammering to go play on mangler.
And there are crazy loons asking for 4-6 month unlocks. People ghost out after 1 or 2 months, then usually come back for the next expansion, but if they ghost out after 2 months and the next expansion is 4 months away there's a much higher chance they just stay gone.