Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Luclin will be fun especially that first launch week. It's pretty easy so even casual guilds will have no issue clearing all the content. I expect most guilds will kill AHR around day 3-5.

It's looking like I probably won't be around for launch personally but I know our guys are ready for Velious to be over.

Best of luck @a_skeleton_02, I think you should be able to down Emp in 24-40 hours for sure.

Sterling

El Presidente
I have no idea tbh, I had mine handed to me since I was perm in ME with Zama and Grisvok doing the lords work.
Yeah, not sure if it's 4 or 5, but the point was trap mobs can drop them. And I spent plenty of time in Maidens Eye myself. Manaburn was good times.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
a_skeleton_02 is always pumped to the max for the new expansion. After we skullfuck everything again for the third time he will resort to instances for the remaining 89.6 days as usual. I give you guys max 12 hours of actual competition rather than 24h this time.

I don't think we are planning to compete at all actually... We are overflowing with loot by doing instances with out having to deal with "competition" And we still manage to get open world mobs on the regular.

Agnarr is a tourist server, P99 was the end all be all of Competitive EQ and I won that already.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Luclin will be fun especially that first launch week. It's pretty easy so even casual guilds will have no issue clearing all the content. I expect most guilds will kill AHR around day 3-5.

It's looking like I probably won't be around for launch personally but I know our guys are ready for Velious to be over.

Best of luck @a_skeleton_02, I think you should be able to down Emp in 24-40 hours for sure.

Are the shards really that buffed up compared to live? We did some testing on Test and we saw a few drop just by clearing through.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, not sure if it's 4 or 5, but the point was trap mobs can drop them. And I spent plenty of time in Maidens Eye myself. Manaburn was good times.

Makes sense with the trap mobs, I remember people discussing that a lot. The picks and people knowing all of the exact spawn locations makes a big difference. I remember on live doing only the battlemaster but on Phingel we kept 4 shard camps locked down. When you only had one camp, didn't have picks, and the shard itself is 50/50 from a rare mob it was definitely worse.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone who did VP key will find VT to not be that bad, way better to camp mobs than to deal with the shenanigans related to ground spawns.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't think we are planning to compete at all actually... We are overflowing with loot by doing instances with out having to deal with "competition" And we still manage to get open world mobs on the regular.

Agnarr is a tourist server, P99 was the end all be all of Competitive EQ and I won that already.

Not all camps are created equal. Some of them are really trivial. Some are sort of annoying.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really loved the opening of Luclin on Phinny. Being in a well run, instanced-focused guild at the time, we engaged in enough drama to make it fun but avoided the worst of the shenanigans. Most members still got to VT within a week or so.

Unfortunately actually raiding in VT was awful and led me to quit the fourth or so time through. Every mob there felt identical and everything was completely trivial. At least the dragons in ToV do some different shit. I don't have any desire to be part of a 70-man raid force again, but these instanced raid servers make that feel like the legitimate way to play.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Is the echo guy who drops red scales in the hole, hard?

Could he be one grouped?
Does he drop scales every time?
Is his respawn really 4-5hrs open world only?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What's pulling in VT like?

I've heard since the DT guys don't work (is that right) you can cheese a lot of the pulls.

We dabbled a bit on test but it was late.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's pulling in VT like?

I've heard since the DT guys don't work (is that right) you can cheese a lot of the pulls.

We dabbled a bit on test but it was late.

There is no pulling in VT homie. Maybe on the Test server once to show everyone the zone layout or how the mob spawns work by name etc and then never again. You pull everything to the zoneline or into Atens room, warders don't work on TLP's. Shadowknights really begin to shine here, much like in NToV they can have a warping fiesta pulling much easier than anyone else.

For example the front key mob inside the front of the castle you can use geometry to reach the outside of his wall just like on live. You can then send a pet in from the outside wall on your SK and have them move back an inch and sit to warp him out.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
There is no pulling in VT homie. Maybe on the Test server once to show everyone the zone layout or how the mob spawns work by name etc and then never again. You pull everything to the zoneline or into Atens room, warders don't work on TLP's. Shadowknights really begin to shine here, much like in NToV they can have a warping fiesta pulling much easier than anyone else.

For example the front key mob inside the front of the castle you can use geometry to reach the outside of his wall just like on live. You can then send a pet in from the outside wall on your SK and have them move back an inch and sit to warp him out.

Got a SK and wanna make soon krono?

Show me your secrets

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a SK and wanna make soon krono?

Show me your secrets

Face the castle from the CY, fall off of either ledge without jumping to the right or left over the moat same way it was done on live. From the right you can walk around and up to the roof with holes you can drop down into. You can literally just walk the entire raid to Atens room via moat -> roof.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
upload_2018-1-12_21-16-40.png

Wont let me edit above post, but red lines is where you want to fall.