Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ranger is still my favorite class. Besides they should be super popular here since PoP was like the pinnacle of Ranger power with EQ/AM3.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Have classes changed all that much or are people just stubbornly sticking to the "trinity"? I've been grouped with every combination you can think of and haven't had any issues.

kudos

<Banned>
Have classes changed all that much or are people just stubbornly sticking to the "trinity"? I've been grouped with every combination you can think of and haven't had any issues.
It's the same problem WoW has. In WoW people want a stupidly high ilvl in order to faceroll everything. In EQ people want specific OP classes only so they can faceroll easy XP. It's boring but people are lazy by nature (which I don't understand in a video game).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I rolled an enchanter because I never played one.

I got into a group last night and kept a yellow con orc at level 11 charmed. The killing speed sped up and I was also able to mez adds.

Should I charm something less than a yellow? Is the goal to get a lower level charm so it lasts longer and buff him to make up for the level difference from charming a yellow?

Also, how in the fuck do you help people not break mez? A mez would wear off, the orc would run to attack someone, and people would break off to attack. I would be already casting mez, so it would break. Am I supposed to wait? I figured keeping it mezzed was better.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well its not fucking rocket science to have one more extra thing to consider in this game than wow, which is CC. Besides, are not all these people veterans which played the shit out fo EQ back in the day/phinny?
Most are veterans to some degree, but most of them are still shitters.
how long will Mask of Deception drop for on Agnarr? also is Cryosilk in the game?
Mask was something like 120 days or something after release so a little ways into Kunark it'll stop dropping. And yes, Cryosilk is in game and the belt has a range focus so that's pretty nice.
I'd take a ranger tank over a warrior in a group.
Rangers are good group tanks for the early expansions and that should honestly generally be their role in these groups.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
stankwoo stankwoo socials letting your group know which one is the mezz/charmed pet.
Also calling them stupid works wonders.
Or just tell them that if they break mezz you will stop casting it.
They should be using main assist anyways. At low levels everything is so hasty that is just a race. At higher levels a mezz break means dead enchanter.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
leveling through 50 I was surprised at how few of my mezzes were broken in groups, it was literally never a problem. in fact the only time I can think of where my mezzes were being repeatedly broken was yesterday when grouping with some Faceless people in hate. go figure.

• 1Salty

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cool. My goal is to get past level 20 asap. I never really made it that far back in the day so there is a lot of content I haven't seen.

Also, the Tashan spell line: does it help with the initial charm cast or help with the ticks where it checks to see if charm holds or not?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Cool. My goal is to get past level 20 asap. I never really made it that far back in the day so there is a lot of content I haven't seen.

Also, the Tashan spell line: does it help with the initial charm cast or help with the ticks where it checks to see if charm holds or not?
both

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can the cryosilk shit.be farmed with one group up in fear?

It can and aggressively will be farmed by solo necromancers. The biggest issue with spiders is they are often first to die so you've gotta either catch them on respawn or be the one who breaks the west wall.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It can and aggressively will be farmed by solo necromancers. The biggest issue with spiders is they are often first to die so you've gotta either catch them on respawn or be the one who breaks the west wall.
And enchanters too I would imagine? Although I guess for ENC there's less incentive since we have our own shit in Hate

Shit seems to respawn every 2 hours or so now so shouldn't be too bad. I'm guessing you can't bind in the planes?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This means it's generally easier to get picked up by groups when LFGing as a Tank, Cleric or Ench than anything else.
That's chiefly how I ended up Dwarf Cleric back then.

That, and then being praised as the mainlooter for the group; I always ended up divying perfectly gems and spell components and other valuables. Got more than a few tells about how I was perfectly /splitting and handing gems.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's chiefly how I ended up Dwarf Cleric back then.

That, and then being praised as the mainlooter for the group; I always ended up divying perfectly gems and spell components and other valuables. Got more than a few tells about how I was perfectly /splitting and handing gems.

"Two for me, one for you ...."

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've never played anything but a ranger outisde of stuff like pocket shamans and such. But playing one with a bunch of pick of groups I dunno.