Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I made it to 39.6 tonight and will be out of town the next two days and working the next three. I got close to 50 but just out of reach. I will make it though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
/endrant I know most of y'all dont care, just figured some bros that are rmting should know.

I'm assuming since you were saying these accounts were on dif ip's, that you are using a VPN. Stop using VPN's. Get new computers. DBG along with the majority of gaming companies aren't stupid and know exactly what they are doing/looking for. They know when you are using a VPN. When you are suspected of doing shady shit, and you're using a VPN which is stereotypical of people doing shady shit, it's just further confirmation that you are.....doing shady shit. Using VPN's is a fast track to getting caught in any game. Once you've been caught once for something, it's extremely easy to catch you again. They have more information about your computer than just your IP. When I got permabanned from League of Legends for challenger boosting, even after moving to a new state I would get banned every time I made an account. It wasn't until I started playing on a new computer that I was able to play again.

What you were experiencing with the not being able to log in to the support site is they banned that account from using the support site. Yes, it's weird, but they do ban accounts from using the support site.

A great thief once said the best time to steal something is right in front of every ones face, the sneakier you try to be the easier it is to get caught.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm assuming since you were saying these accounts were on dif ip's, that you are using a VPN. Stop using VPN's. Get new computers. DBG along with the majority of gaming companies aren't stupid and know exactly what they are doing/looking for. They know when you are using a VPN. When you are suspected of doing shady shit, and you're using a VPN which is stereotypical of people doing shady shit, it's just further confirmation that you are.....doing shady shit. Using VPN's is a fast track to getting caught in any game. Once you've been caught once for something, it's extremely easy to catch you again. They have more information about your computer than just your IP. When I got permabanned from League of Legends for challenger boosting, even after moving to a new state I would get banned every time I made an account. It wasn't until I started playing on a new computer that I was able to play again.

What you were experiencing with the not being able to log in to the support site is they banned that account from using the support site. Yes, it's weird, but they do ban accounts from using the support site.

A great thief once said the best time to steal something is right in front of every ones face, the sneakier you try to be the easier it is to get caught.
It's a good thing you went the EQ/welfare career path instead of network engineer.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>

Yep that's what I thought, even when I tweet dbghelp they ignore the tweet while answering others within minutes. Pretty crazy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
so... who wants to poop sock some levels tomorrow? need to get my ranger at least 30+ tomorrow, currently 21 kek

Xevy

Log Wizard
I had a real itch to get on here, but after reading all this shit and watching a bunch of twitch streams of EQ, I think my itch has subsided. All this drama and KSing and shit, jesus christ. Game has changed. People have become EQ zealots it seems. If you KS'd shit on the original servers you were fucked. You better have been the best soloing class possible, because you weren't getting anything done at the high end ever again. I went to EQ Twitch channel to see some actual gameplay and get the feels, but it's all people leveling their 6th box character or 6 people sitting in a camp staring at a wall not talking. Maybe Kunark would open shit up since it had more places to be other than just SolB/LGuk, but man...

Wish I could justify 10 dollars a month to hit 'a' for 15 seconds a time while watching TV and trying to collect nostalgia loot, but I just can't.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ryoz

<Donor>
I had the same hesitation you do Xev, but I can tell you having just started myself, that I have not really run into the intentional ksing and training. Nearly everyone I've run into has been really nice and pretty chill.

Krono has definitely added an element to the game where people are being a lot more ruthless to get the high yield camps / named because krono is a pretty big deal to basement dwellers who don't have good jobs.

Anyway, I've been having fun, we'll see if I make it to 50. My last experience playing EQ was raiding a lot on live and boxing on the emus so this is a nice change of pace.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The drama is dramatized. The average person is not going to have big dps race / box army / camp stealing issues.

The people who do have issues are usually either A. at an AIDS camp where these issues are practically unavoidable (freeti, HGs) or B. flipped out and started talking shit because they saw another player before they even knew that players intentions.

I'm having a good time though my playtime is suffering lately cause summer. But I plan on maintaining all the way through PoP.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I had a real itch to get on here, but after reading all this shit and watching a bunch of twitch streams of EQ, I think my itch has subsided. All this drama and KSing and shit, jesus christ. Game has changed. People have become EQ zealots it seems. If you KS'd shit on the original servers you were fucked. You better have been the best soloing class possible, because you weren't getting anything done at the high end ever again. I went to EQ Twitch channel to see some actual gameplay and get the feels, but it's all people leveling their 6th box character or 6 people sitting in a camp staring at a wall not talking. Maybe Kunark would open shit up since it had more places to be other than just SolB/LGuk, but man...

Wish I could justify 10 dollars a month to hit 'a' for 15 seconds a time while watching TV and trying to collect nostalgia loot, but I just can't.

Hah hyperbole much?

This server already has enough dramatic crybabies it's for the best you don't play.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah hyperbole much?

This server already has enough dramatic crybabies it's for the best you don't play.

The krono / rmt thing is a bit much. Ruins any chance of nostalgia. Glad I played here for a bit, got that out of my system and probably will never look back.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
I've been leveling very slowly, trying out all the zones I never grouped in back in the day and exploring shit. Been having a blast. Hit 41 on the SK yesterday and haven't had an issue with anyone KSing yet. Just gonna avoid the known shitshow camps. Starting to get that raiding itch though so gonna have to push to 50 now and start doing things.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

aWm83.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - Velious 9/21

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been wondering what is the pop like?

pretty poor other than US prime time/holidays tbph. got a nice little population boost when <Azure Guard> decided to transfer over from P99 tho.

a couple of the biggest guilds on the servers recently had decreases in population (from splits and just regular attrition), so the end game is pretty wide open.

Luclin should be ready in the fall.

Lushie

Lord Nagafen Raider

That is so random. I have never once been banned for boosting in league but they got you on your hardware? Talk about unlucky. How blatant about it were you/how many did you do to ruin the ladder? lol

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
pretty poor other than US prime time/holidays tbph. got a nice little population boost when <Azure Guard> decided to transfer over from P99 tho.

a couple of the biggest guilds on the servers recently had decreases in population (from splits and just regular attrition), so the end game is pretty wide open.

Luclin should be ready in the fall.

So another 100 person shitbox EMU?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users