Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I had a real itch to get on here, but after reading all this shit and watching a bunch of twitch streams of EQ, I think my itch has subsided. All this drama and KSing and shit, jesus christ. Game has changed. People have become EQ zealots it seems. If you KS'd shit on the original servers you were fucked. You better have been the best soloing class possible, because you weren't getting anything done at the high end ever again. I went to EQ Twitch channel to see some actual gameplay and get the feels, but it's all people leveling their 6th box character or 6 people sitting in a camp staring at a wall not talking. Maybe Kunark would open shit up since it had more places to be other than just SolB/LGuk, but man...

Wish I could justify 10 dollars a month to hit 'a' for 15 seconds a time while watching TV and trying to collect nostalgia loot, but I just can't.

Hah hyperbole much?

This server already has enough dramatic crybabies it's for the best you don't play.

Thanks for reminding me the guy who wrote that novel was the guy called out as a dramatic cry baby before he even started playing.

Cut your losses now Xevy EQ holds no future for you.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah reputation doesnt matter much here. Attrition can be thanked for that, and name/race/sex changes + account to account transfers.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah reputation doesnt matter much here. Attrition can be thanked for that, and name/race/sex changes + account to account transfers.

It still matters more than any other MMO right now. The fact that people are even cognizant of guilds other than their own in a nonpvp server makes it leaps and bounds over WoW.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So he is old? Knew it.

I hailed him first, while he was invis and waited a few and no response. There's literally a place at AoF that people waiting for camp sit at, but he was chilling 2 feet from spawn, and AoF auto-aggros anyone nearby. So nah. He also messaged me on his alt after a_skeleton_02 made the faux-Xevy post and called me a scrublord. I'm probably just going to turn off my account now.

Fuck off, thanks!

Xevy

Log Wizard
No? I didn't say shit until Tiggle asked for drama so I just elaborated and wowed several people with my 130wpm typing skillz.

I've only had 2 "bad" encounters in 8ish days played. Neither one bothered me that much. Actually met probably two dozen people who added me to friends after grouping and wanted to level together etc. It's interesting playing a game where you actually have time to talk to people rather than just saying "pull" every 30 seconds to AE a bunch of shit to death.

Well, until AAs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hey xevy brother. Good sir, Might you allow me to melee duel you to max defense skill? Takes 1-2 min max. If I get low plz back off so I can heal.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Is there a large majority of people who havent played eq before on this server? The amount of suck is astounding. Had a SK who all he did was complain, said he sucked at pulling and when asked "did that cleric buff you before logging," replied "Oh I dont usually check that stuff."

sadface

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is there a large majority of people who havent played eq before on this server? The amount of suck is astounding. Had a SK who all he did was complain, said he sucked at pulling and when asked "did that cleric buff you before logging," replied "Oh I dont usually check that stuff."

sadface

It's not just Agnarr. It was like this Phinigel and every live server I've tried since coming back to EQ. This game really brings out some low effort players.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I need to play a puller - I want to understand it better, because the difference between a good one and a bad one is huge.

Sterling

El Presidente
I need to play a puller - I want to understand it better, because the difference between a good one and a bad one is huge.
Learning game mechanics well enough to be a good puller makes a huge difference. One of the few roles in early EQ that takes actual skill.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Biggest issue I've had is with guys bringing 6+ and parking right on top of me (ench) when I'm standing as far away from the MA as possible to avoid getting mezzed by my own AE.

I move just enough to get away from the AE radius and the healer drops a superior heal on the puller because his health has plummeted to 90%, and then all hell breaks loose. I end up mezzing myself anyway, healer dies, wipe recovery.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Biggest issue I've had is with guys bringing 6+ and parking right on top of me (ench) when I'm standing as far away from the MA as possible to avoid getting mezzed by my own AE.

I move just enough to get away from the AE radius and the healer drops a superior heal on the puller because his health has plummeted to 90%, and then all hell breaks loose. I end up mezzing myself anyway, healer dies, wipe recovery.

If you're an enchanter you can always ask to pull as well if your monk/bard is bad. I hate having tanks pull since it typically prevents chaining mobs.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't mind being puller as an SK as long as I have SoW and some one understands tagging. Until 45+ no one single pulls. They just pull it 3+ at a time and either hope the enc isn't bad or offtank it. DPS is crazy higher than classic. Something is unsettling about having a monk who pulls 4 at a time and never stays to DPS though.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
in the hole. our cleric kept going OOM with a war. Wasn't using CH. Had to teach him how to cleric. fml