Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yah, I've seen a few of the big zones have a pick stay open for ages. I got my AJ in a FV pick that had stayed open with 1 person in it for hours and hours. But I've also been in a FV pick that closed with like 14-15 people in it.

I think occasionally, relatively rarely, a pick can get 'stuck' and not close for a long time even when numbers wise it should. But it's not a reliable/reproducible behavior, AFAIK.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
ah okay i mean i know how the picks work now but i witnessed ill omen pick stay open as long as 1 person was in it, for hours so seems some zones' picks didnt get "the memo"

but u know im back to the belief not everyone was in VP during classic and not everyone will get into VP during kunark. its supposed to be a hard quest!

Now that I think about it you are right. I saw a WW pick stay open for like 5 hours with 2 people in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Picks will stay open as long as a sufficient number of people remain in the base. The threshhold is 1/3, so if it takes 60 people to pop a pick of a zone, you need at least 20 people to remain in the base at all times to keep the pick open.

So, say you bring 60 people and pop a pick. 30 of them leave the zone, 15 others pick over. You are now left with 15 in the base & 15 in the pick. In this scenario, the pick will close.

Say you have the same scenario, but this time 1 person picks over. So you have 29 in the base and 1 in the pick. In this scenario, the pick will remain open.

To keep multipe picks open, you need that 1/3 threshold in at least 2 of the zones to keep the 3rd pick open. So in the above scenario, those 60 people would have to keep at least 20 in the base & 20 in the first pick. Than 1 person can be in the 3rd pick and all 3 will remain open.

You can continue this for as many picks as you like...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's not entirely true though, the aforementioned FV pick was open for hours and hours from like 4am to 7am ET during which base dropped to single digits a couple times too, and I don't think was ever above 20. I'm not sure those numbers are appropriate for how many are "supposed" to be in the base of FV to keep a pick open. Don't disagree that what you're saying is how it should work, but I've seen "abnormal" pickzone behavior.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I don't know what the FV pick threshold is. I used 60 as an arbitrary number. There are alot of zones where the cap is pretty low, in the low 20s even, which 8 or 9 people could hold open.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Don't you have a guild? We spawn FM picks usually twice a week.

We pretty much quit spawning picks for the most part, so after managing to get WW i'm having to hard mode the FM one. I was just bs'n ya though, because I saw your crew run through and spawn one the other night while I was wasting away down there :confused:.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Kunark isnt over and they stopped spawning picks? That's lame.. guess leadership got theirs? The timer on skargus is so bad. SWC can still be bis in velious too.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
We pretty much quit spawning picks for the most part, so after managing to get WW i'm having to hard mode the FM one. I was just bs'n ya though, because I saw your crew run through and spawn one the other night while I was wasting away down there :confused:.

Come join my guild and clear VP with us. We spawn picks every week!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Kunark isnt over and they stopped spawning picks? That's lame.. guess leadership got theirs? The timer on skargus is so bad. SWC can still be bis in velious too.

It really is shittastic. I was in there this morning around 5:00 am and saw a group of a guild I've never even seen before come in. I do a who all and see there's 55 in the zone, which kind of blew my mind considering what time it was. Picked over and tried some charm/bard fuckery on the angry goblin but failed. Laptop loads too slow!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya lulz I tried to get skargus on phinigel on servers up I would have an autoit thing spamming the server until it unlocked and I'd still only log in when skargus was at 50% hp, some people got fast comps =P I mean some of my other comps are fast but my main desktop isnt so sucks.. too many chrome tabs idk

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
It really is shittastic. I was in there this morning around 5:00 am and saw a group of a guild I've never even seen before come in. I do a who all and see there's 55 in the zone, which kind of blew my mind considering what time it was. Picked over and tried some charm/bard fuckery on the angry goblin but failed. Laptop loads too slow!

Haha we thought you'd try!

Also, hi all.

I see some familiar names here from the rerolled esim days.

Currently running around on my rogue Lienberg. Which is the same name I used back on Veeshan too