Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We've only stopped doing them on open world VS kills, we still do them every week at our instances. Since Kunark launched we've done 18 FM picks and 15 WW picks for members.

We'd still do them at o/w VS but it takes like 60 people to open one of those pickzones and we're not trying to get 60 online at 8am, which I think everyone appreciates.

On the downside, Daly is about five people down on our list, though 1-3 of them may not show up reliably so we'll see!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
tenor.gif

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Farm that shit yourself!!! Feel way more vindicated!!!

You guys got way more boxes than I do!!

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Someone please divulge the secret to me either here or in PM. Watched a Paladin walk into fully spawned Korokust room with Arch Inspector up. Ran up to Arch inspector, agrod it and walked out of the room with nothing else agroing. Pacify, lull, and charm were not cast.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Someone please divulge the secret to me either here or in PM. Watched a Paladin walk into fully spawned Korokust room with Arch Inspector up. Ran up to Arch inspector, agrod it and walked out of the room with nothing else agroing. Pacify, lull, and charm were not cast.

Honestly, there is a rare chance that he/she was able to agro that mob, with max faction, before the 6 second surrounding mob agro ticked, and ran away without getting hit - furthering his/her ability to not agro more shit on the way out.

If this is true, he/she walked in with big balls/labia, took a risk, and it worked out - this time. Or, he/she took the risk knowing backup was waiting to kill any adds as well if needed. If I was a geared solo paladin, I'd take the risk knowing I could for sure make it to zoneline if needed. Also, could just jump down to bank ledge in safe zone on slope and /q out -> relog and force kick asap. Worst case scenario you may have one or two adds that actually poof down to you, if any at all, before you're successfully /q'ed out.

Exact same way you run past a see invis mob without agro sometimes. Mobs check for agro every 6ish seconds on server tick. Sometimes you get lucky.

This all, is just a possibility....

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
#1 on Xalgoz list. 7 Straight PH spawns. Went from 9th to 1st on list in 6 hours. Fucking game finds one way to annoy you after another.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I had gotten my HS key before the change but when I went down there was a dead xalgoz and a box warrior shaman sitting there.

Said he killed it on his other character and had waited two hours for the spawn.

Beat him to the click and got myself and a warrior in the guild our keys then split.

He was upset.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
#1 on Xalgoz list. 7 Straight PH spawns. Went from 9th to 1st on list in 6 hours. Fucking game finds one way to annoy you after another.

Spent about 4 hours going from #9 on list to getting a fang last night, all with a group of random people. It worked well, no other shenanigans and no one even bothered to compete. There are still some good people out there!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I had gotten my HS key before the change but when I went down there was a dead xalgoz and a box warrior shaman sitting there.

Said he killed it on his other character and had waited two hours for the spawn.

Beat him to the click and got myself and a warrior in the guild our keys then split.

He was upset.

WTF?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spent about 4 hours going from #9 on list to getting a fang last night, all with a group of random people. It worked well, no other shenanigans and no one even bothered to compete. There are still some good people out there!

Bro. 90% chance I was in that group. I was playing Slidezshow. I went from 9th at midnight to 1st at 330amish, then 7 phs later I got my fang at 7am. All good people there (mostly Europa Agnarr) except the solo Trucidation Enc that failed to KS twice.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Bro. 90% chance I was in that group. I was playing Slidezshow. I went from 9th at midnight to 1st at 330amish, then 7 phs later I got my fang at 7am. All good people there (mostly Europa Agnarr) except the solo Trucidation Enc that failed to KS twice.

nah it was earlier than that, got fang at like 10pm cst

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Honestly, there is a rare chance that he/she was able to agro that mob, with max faction, before the 6 second surrounding mob agro ticked, and ran away without getting hit - furthering his/her ability to not agro more shit on the way out.

If this is true, he/she walked in with big balls/labia, took a risk, and it worked out - this time. Or, he/she took the risk knowing backup was waiting to kill any adds as well if needed. If I was a geared solo paladin, I'd take the risk knowing I could for sure make it to zoneline if needed. Also, could just jump down to bank ledge in safe zone on slope and /q out -> relog and force kick asap. Worst case scenario you may have one or two adds that actually poof down to you, if any at all, before you're successfully /q'ed out.

Exact same way you run past a see invis mob without agro sometimes. Mobs check for agro every 6ish seconds on server tick. Sometimes you get lucky.

This all, is just a possibility....

None of that bs. You can just literally taunt the mob and pull it to anywhere in the zone single. (w/ faction, ofc) - taunt doesn't put you on the mob's hate list, and mobs will only aggro if your aggro is > 0 points.

You don't have threat established on it and nothing will social aggro because you are not kos to it.

Has worked since 1999. Never fixed.

You can also do this as a caster if you root a mob, leash it, and then pull the other mob that aggroed via social aggro out, because again, you have 0 aggro on the mob. The moment you heal yourself though you'll pull threat and aggro everything around the target.

You also can't cast buffs on yourself because they generate 7 points of aggro per click.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
None of that bs. You can just literally taunt the mob and pull it to anywhere in the zone single. (w/ faction, ofc) - taunt doesn't put you on the mob's hate list, and mobs will only aggro if your aggro is > 0 points.

You don't have threat established on it and nothing will social aggro because you are not kos to it.

Has worked since 1999. Never fixed.

You can also do this as a caster if you root a mob, leash it, and then pull the other mob that aggroed via social aggro out, because again, you have 0 aggro on the mob. The moment you heal yourself though you'll pull threat and aggro everything around the target.

You also can't cast buffs on yourself because they generate 7 points of aggro per click.

Anyway a bard can do this?