Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ugh I don't know how people miss the selling in tunnel shit. id kill for a bazaar right now, 20min id be fully equipped.

Spent past 2 days trying to buy shit for my necro, only gotten a few items. Not cause I'm cheap, but anything else is useless/mostly useless for me.

Got CoS for 1kr, guess that's ok, it will also always be useful as a necro.

Need back, shoulders, legs, gloves, but not even cheap crappy stuff sold in those slots.

Help appreciated, not looking for free, but im down to 7k now.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean it's been well well known for a couple of months now that any change of ip, password, email, 2fa # can lead to an automated ban so multiple IP's im not surprised, this is why stockpiling that many krono seems like a bad bad bad idea. I thought I posted that here too, its been on redguides a lot that if you change ip, password or email within 24 hours (2 of the 3) its automated ban (so im told by account sellers) so multiple IP to me would fit that bill.

I logged on a retired account from my home ip (not the original IP) and had to change password week later. Lot of people believe they also go for high krono accounts, like mabbu getting banned with 400 krono, yikes $4400 down the drain, sure you guys got jobs but you want to burn $4400? =p

Also wynn maybe when I'm done with TLP's I'll explain. I am in pilot school currently though so it works for me.

I like CL tunnel cause prices fluctuate and dont drop as much, can get good deals at certain parts of the day. I think right now its hard to find like sleeves/gloves etc for casters.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i've got a shitty pair of dusty bloodstained gloves if you want em

i still need to get a CoS for my sk alt :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
One of our guild bank accounts got banned w/ 500 krono on it for using multiple IP's in one day, triggering the new account sharing ban. It happened several weeks ago.

Account sharing has been a staple of my EQ experience since I started on TLP's. When you're trying to be on 24/7 for a launch rush it's pretty standard to sleep in shifts and box your group mates. If they wanted to they could probably go back and ban most of the statics from Agnarr, Lockjaw and Vulak launch at least.

If they're going to do this, then they need to add the guild bank functionality into the TLPs. We use a shared account for the guild bank as well.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I imagine a lot of the 'shared characters' bans is because they had an IP used that some one doing shady shit elsewhere had. So just don't let some garbo people log onto your account I guess as the best preventive method. In the case of guildbanks you're probably just fucked as 70% of officers/top players are probably using SEQ and doing iffy shit elsewhere.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
On paper guild banks are probably some of the shadiest accounts around. I don't like keeping big krono on my account so I'll sell raid loot then parcel the krono to the banker so that's immediately a one way transaction. Sometimes we'll award people bonus krono for attending raids (just a random event we do) and on those days it's like 60 krono going out with seemingly no reason or trades.

Notable bans:
Wealth Manager (right before Agnarr)
Mabbu
Vice (Addiction GL)
Almar (lol)
Besteva (rip the king!)
Mabbu (again)
Inzane
Lobster

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I've always hated guild banks because i've never been in a guild that did not eventually have it stolen when the guild dies. We try and keep our guild bank as low as possible and buy shit like AONS,Shields,ODS and raffle them off at raids.

Plus if someone needs a LR or random item for something we buy it.

Some guilds see their guild bank as a retirement fund or that they are owed it for leading a guild. I try and keep ours as small as possible.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Does anybody have a link to a good guide on getting wineskin running on a mac for EQ?

You have to modify a couple of steps, primarily just do exactly what it says but use the latest version of everything, and it works pretty well. I play on Macs a lot because of my job. I have a custom gaming rig at home but my MacBook runs it great and my life essentially exists around using it.

If I can help you troubleshoot anything, let me know.

• 1Solidarity

Wynn

I mean it's been well well known for a couple of months now that any change of ip, password, email, 2fa # can lead to an automated ban so multiple IP's im not surprised, this is why stockpiling that many krono seems like a bad bad bad idea. I thought I posted that here too, its been on redguides a lot that if you change ip, password or email within 24 hours (2 of the 3) its automated ban (so im told by account sellers) so multiple IP to me would fit that bill.

I logged on a retired account from my home ip (not the original IP) and had to change password week later. Lot of people believe they also go for high krono accounts, like mabbu getting banned with 400 krono, yikes $4400 down the drain, sure you guys got jobs but you want to burn $4400? =p

Also wynn maybe when I'm done with TLP's I'll explain. I am in pilot school currently though so it works for me.

I like CL tunnel cause prices fluctuate and dont drop as much, can get good deals at certain parts of the day. I think right now its hard to find like sleeves/gloves etc for casters.

Pilot school is cool, I do know it's expensive too. I actually don't live very far from a major university airport that has a bunch of flight education programs, I've done a few of their super-introductory sessions to get a brief feel for what it's like to fly a plane (I was considering some day getting a private pilot's license and buying a small plane), while it was pretty fun I never made a commitment to do any more than that. If you really need the money more power to you, I just view RMT in EQ as being of the same moral behavior as sucking dick for $ or credit card skimming or etc. Obviously those things are illegal (at least in most places), and RMTing is not, but I just kind of lump them all into that bucket of negative behaviors people engage in to make quick cash.

Wynn

I've always hated guild banks because i've never been in a guild that did not eventually have it stolen when the guild dies. We try and keep our guild bank as low as possible and buy shit like AONS,Shields,ODS and raffle them off at raids.

Plus if someone needs a LR or random item for something we buy it.

Some guilds see their guild bank as a retirement fund or that they are owed it for leading a guild. I try and keep ours as small as possible.

I agree with some of that, I actually have never been in a guild in any MMO where the guild bank wasn't compromised in some fashion. I remember when keyloggers were super rampant in WoW we had an officer's account get snatched and they drained almost the entire guild bank. But Blizzard is like 10,000x the company Daybreak will ever be, and they actually can easily pull logs and tell your stuff was stolen. It took a week or so but they restored literally all items and gold to the bank. But we also instituted a policy making it mandatory to have a 2-Factor Authenticator to be a guild rank that actually can have higher banking privileges (and in WoW you can actually check an option to deny guild bank access to people without authenticators attached, which is nice.)

If they're going to start banning people for the sort of things that will always happen with guild bank characters in EQ (accumulation of lots of krono, one-way trades, multiple IPs), they need to for future TLPs just put some form of access to the guild hall and the "real" EverQuest guild bank into effect so you don't have to manage the bank using multiple officer accounts. I could imagine a scenario where they put some sort of NPC you talk to in EC tunnel or something that ports you to the guild hall and then on TLP rig some sort of exit that can only take you back to EC. You could disable the portal room/tradeskill stuff/vendors etc in the guild hall and have all the NPCs not spawn to avoid "out of era" complaints.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was my WoW guild's guildbanker when I was like 15. I kept it all on my account, multiple characters. Never stole, never had anything stolen. Probably still have 200 arcane crystals and nexus shards sitting on there, just waiting to attune some folks to Naxxramas 1.0!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I mean....once an account had 50+ krono...I'd start looking for alternatives and fearing God.
. although I fear no God exists..... You got an account banned with 500+ krono???....wow
...shoulda seen it coming and planned for the future is all I can think of. No disrespect. I know many of you know this game more inside and out than I do, and have way more connections.....

I swear they have like a krono pie chart that is updated minute by minute. They see from top to bottom who is hording Krono, and they watch them
..waiting to ban them....the higher the krono you have the more likely you are to be banned. I mean this is like common sense at this point in TLPs....

Anyways I hope the 10-20++ necro boxer at efreeti 10+ hours daily gets banned
Just for lols. What a low life fuck who can farm efreeti this close to velious 10+ hours a day for a week + straight. Get a job dude. Even McDonald's would provide more opportunities than that....

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I was my WoW guild's guildbanker when I was like 15. I kept it all on my account, multiple characters. Never stole, never had anything stolen. Probably still have 200 arcane crystals and nexus shards sitting on there, just waiting to attune some folks to Naxxramas 1.0!

Yo same! 14 and ready to steal absolutely everything but I only gave in maybe once or twice because I really needed mana potions, okay

Wynn

What’s funny is I’ve dug through the EULA and code of conduct and see prohibitions on selling accounts but nothing against “account sharing.” Just something GM Remdag made up one day, likely as a krono recovery excuse.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be shocked if account sharing wasn't in there, its pretty staple in all MMOs.

"You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account)."

Right in the first paragraph.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Glad I made the most notable list Zaide, lol.

What's funny is that I know people who got banned for account sharing with an illicit person, but it was that person's actions and thus their IP that got them banned and those who shared with him, and by admitting they account shared a few times, Remdag reversed their ban cause he accused them of selling the account.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Pilot school is cool, I do know it's expensive too. I actually don't live very far from a major university airport that has a bunch of flight education programs, I've done a few of their super-introductory sessions to get a brief feel for what it's like to fly a plane (I was considering some day getting a private pilot's license and buying a small plane), while it was pretty fun I never made a commitment to do any more than that. If you really need the money more power to you, I just view RMT in EQ as being of the same moral behavior as sucking dick for $ or credit card skimming or etc. Obviously those things are illegal (at least in most places), and RMTing is not, but I just kind of lump them all into that bucket of negative behaviors people engage in to make quick cash.

Ya I initially wanted a PPL for med school, med school didnt work out and I realized the PPL you cant do as much cause you're so limited to VFR (visual flight rules) aka if its too damn cloudy out you cant fly, and there goes your planned flight if you were planning on going somewhere for a mini vacation, so then you need to get IFR certification which is like another 40-50 hours. It would be cool to get a cirrus plane but they're like 300k, and just to rent is about 230/hr. I fly a piper right now and hoping to get into a regional airliner within 1.5 years.

Honestly the small planes scare the crap out of me, they're old (1950-1999), get used a ton and lot of idiots crashing them. I realize that's all situational but I've had a cockpit fire already due to "annual maintenance" not putting the plane back together right aka landing light fuse caught on fire. But its a stepping stone for cheaper hours (need 1200 to start at a regional airliner) earned. Just the other day a plane HIT a helicopter cause the helicopter was hovering on the runway while the plane was on final. Why the helicopter didnt hear the plane announcing itself for downwind, base, final and move the hell out of the way I dont know, they're tightlipped about the real details and reports seem to take a long time to come out (year or 2?) Last year two planes colided cause neither one of them self reported they were taking off, and their run ways were intersecting. I see stupid shit all the time when it's not a controlled airspace.

Wynn

I'd be shocked if account sharing wasn't in there, its pretty staple in all MMOs.

"You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account)."

Right in the first paragraph.

You should check the EULA in game--that paragraph isn't in there. It looks like that sentence can be found on an Allakhazam page that appears to contain a copy of the 2006 EULA, but it isn't in the actual EULA that loads when you launch EQ. So assuming the Alla EULA was correct at one point, it no longer actually is.

The in game EULA says this:

4.9 except in connection with an auction in-Game that is run by Daybreak, or in connection with a service that is run by Daybreak or authorized in writing by Daybreak (an "Authorized Exchange") and subject to all of the provisions of the applicable terms and conditions of the applicable service agreement for such Authorized Exchange, buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game(s), an Account, any characters, Paid Content (as defined in Section 7 below), Daybreak Game Asset, copyrighted material or any Daybreak Property;