Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Do you have data on the ancient spells? Can those double up?

Back when Phinigel was in Velious I kept track of all the Vulak loot from all the guilds that made their loot public (across Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw). It came out to 208 Vulak kills. Here's the data & loot table info. I may consider adding to it as Agnarr is now in Velious, we'll see if I get that bored. I figured some of you may find it useful now. Bobby posted it on Allah (here's his post)

Vulak is special in that he will ALWAYS drop exactly 4 items (and 2 spells), and what it interesting is that he will pick one item from each of four "loot tables". Meaning he will never drop duplicates of an item or two items from the same table in a single kill. These loot tables are based on data from approximately 210 Vulak kills on the Phinigel server across multiple different guilds drop reportings. Actual percentages of droprates may vary slightly, as RNG will be RNG.

Credit goes to Korillo of Phinigel for compiling this data.

Loot Table 1
Sal'Varae's Robe of Darkness (26.09%)
Crystasia's Crystal Ring (22.71%)
Kelsiferous' Armband of Artistry (14.01%)
Solist's Earring of Insight (17.87%)
Ssra's Bloodstone Eyepatch (19.32%)

Loot Table 2
Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment (6.28%)
Valtron's Necklace of Wonder (15.46%)
Vyrinn's Earring of Insanity (16.91%)
Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance (16.43%)
Feeliux's Cord of Velocity (18.84%)
Brother Xave's Headband (7.73%)
Jaelen's Katana (18.36%)

Loot Table 3
Gharn's Rock of Smashing (9.18%)
Do'Vassir's Gauntlets of Might (19.81%)
Palladius' Axe of Slaughter (15.94%)
Maclaer's Boots of Silence (19.32%)
Camii's Bracer of Vigor (23.67%)
Tolan's Longsword of the Glade (12.08%)

Loot Table 4
Akkikrus' Mask of Warfare (21.26%)
Hobart's War Helmet (13.53%)
Viik's Pauldrons of Pain (13.53%)
Yakatizma's Shield of Crafting (16.91%)
Sirran's Boots of Insanity (18.84%)
Rowyl's Metal Armguards (15.94%)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Back when Phinigel was in Velious I kept track of all the Vulak loot from all the guilds that made their loot public (across Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw). It came out to 208 Vulak kills. Here's the data & loot table info. I may consider adding to it as Agnarr is now in Velious, we'll see if I get that bored. I figured some of you may find it useful now. Bobby posted it on Allah (here's his post)

Vulak is special in that he will ALWAYS drop exactly 4 items (and 2 spells), and what it interesting is that he will pick one item from each of four "loot tables". Meaning he will never drop duplicates of an item or two items from the same table in a single kill. These loot tables are based on data from approximately 210 Vulak kills on the Phinigel server across multiple different guilds drop reportings. Actual percentages of droprates may vary slightly, as RNG will be RNG.

Credit goes to Korillo of Phinigel for compiling this data.

Loot Table 1
Sal'Varae's Robe of Darkness (26.09%)
Crystasia's Crystal Ring (22.71%)
Kelsiferous' Armband of Artistry (14.01%)
Solist's Earring of Insight (17.87%)
Ssra's Bloodstone Eyepatch (19.32%)

Loot Table 2
Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment (6.28%)
Valtron's Necklace of Wonder (15.46%)
Vyrinn's Earring of Insanity (16.91%)
Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance (16.43%)
Feeliux's Cord of Velocity (18.84%)
Brother Xave's Headband (7.73%)
Jaelen's Katana (18.36%)

Loot Table 3
Gharn's Rock of Smashing (9.18%)
Do'Vassir's Gauntlets of Might (19.81%)
Palladius' Axe of Slaughter (15.94%)
Maclaer's Boots of Silence (19.32%)
Camii's Bracer of Vigor (23.67%)
Tolan's Longsword of the Glade (12.08%)

Loot Table 4
Akkikrus' Mask of Warfare (21.26%)
Hobart's War Helmet (13.53%)
Viik's Pauldrons of Pain (13.53%)
Yakatizma's Shield of Crafting (16.91%)
Sirran's Boots of Insanity (18.84%)
Rowyl's Metal Armguards (15.94%)

Monks getting punished with those percentiles.

Sterling

El Presidente
210 kills with that deep of a loot table is a relatively small sample size statistically, those percentages are probably not terribly accurate to the actual chances.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
210 kills with that deep of a loot table is a relatively small sample size statistically, those percentages are probably not terribly accurate to the actual chances.

Need some super autist to start calculating p values up in here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I mean, I did wonder the same thing back in Velious and I WAS bored enough at the time... That said, it is true that 208 is a relatively small sample size, so there is definitely some variance there. I still found it interesting though.

a5pCC2X.png

Do you have data on the ancient spells? Can those double up?

I unfortunately did not track spells at all. I don't recall if they ever doubled up, and no guild that I saw tracked them on their dkp site anyway.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the knowing what can drop in the 4 different loot slots is at least interesting even if the percentages aren't accurate.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Ok, I'll share this story. Although, not proud or happy with it. I'm sure many of you will enjoy my demise. That's cool.

So my buddy prepaid 3 months on an account he never used. I took it, leveled a mage to 60 and a cleric to 60(with epic). All in very efficient and fast leveling groups.

Decided, hey let's transfer the mage to a fresh account to add some DPS to our Nightly RL friend grind..

Went through all the char transfer hoops, and get the email back that my account has traded hands and is permanently banned. Awesome. 60 mage 60 cleric gone. Over nothing basically.

Cleric epic wasn't hard, no big deal, both chars had shit drops. I have all hard mage epic drops on my main account, glad I didn't turn it all in yet.

Anyways, already have separate cleric and mage account PLed to 20 in a few hours + my RL friends chars they wanted to PL to add to our mix. Will be back stronger than ever soon, but it was a disappointing setback. Will PL all to 40 by tomorrow or Thursday then put them in armor/gem drop farm groups to 60 easy.

This story may save some of you from a similar outcome. It does suck a bit.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Vulak down. Good loot. Robe/Akkirus Mask/Gauntlets/Necklace. Pretty nice for our tanks.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

from what i remember, monks were the only ones with class exclusive items (xave headband and gharn rock) in vulak loot table, all other loot could be used by multiple classes. i think the drop rate was fine for them.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
never mind, went back to look and theres like another 5 items that are specific to 1 class.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ok, I'll share this story. Although, not proud or happy with it. I'm sure many of you will enjoy my demise. That's cool.

So my buddy prepaid 3 months on an account he never used. I took it, leveled a mage to 60 and a cleric to 60(with epic). All in very efficient and fast leveling groups.

Decided, hey let's transfer the mage to a fresh account to add some DPS to our Nightly RL friend grind..

Went through all the char transfer hoops, and get the email back that my account has traded hands and is permanently banned. Awesome. 60 mage 60 cleric gone. Over nothing basically.

Cleric epic wasn't hard, no big deal, both chars had shit drops. I have all hard mage epic drops on my main account, glad I didn't turn it all in yet.

Anyways, already have separate cleric and mage account PLed to 20 in a few hours + my RL friends chars they wanted to PL to add to our mix. Will be back stronger than ever soon, but it was a disappointing setback. Will PL all to 40 by tomorrow or Thursday then put them in armor/gem drop farm groups to 60 easy.

I don't know why they still have account xfers as an option. Seems like it's just asking for a ban.

lost

<Bronze Donator>

Could have told you that would happen. Haven't you been listening to anything about the bans? They even ban people that keep the account info blank for x amount of time then fill it in, they say that means it changed hands, ho ho ho. Sorry for your loss, it's lame for sure.

Chargeback that $25. I asked them before to give it back since they banned me right after and said no, well my bank said yes.

• 1Like

Tarmie

Golden Squire
Could have told you that would happen. Haven't you been listening to anything about the bans? They even ban people that keep the account info blank for x amount of time then fill it in, they say that means it changed hands, ho ho ho. Sorry for your loss, it's lame for sure.

Chargeback that $25. I asked them before to give it back since they banned me right after and said no, well my bank said yes.
One of my 9 accounts got flagged as changing hands out of the blue last month. Put in a petition, figuring I'd never hear back but three weeks later they asked me a couple questions about the account that I obviously knew and gave it back. Probably just had my VPN on on accident one login or something, IDK. Super bizarre that one account out of nine and they all have the exact same info and I've had them since launch. I thought for sure when it first happened I'd just used a dirty word in general chat.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
we got shield/ring/belt/bracer on thursday (rusty dagger) Ancient Necro tap and some druid spell, WRU ancient manasong.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
One of my 9 accounts got flagged as changing hands out of the blue last month. Put in a petition, figuring I'd never hear back but three weeks later they asked me a couple questions about the account that I obviously knew and gave it back. Probably just had my VPN on on accident one login or something, IDK. Super bizarre that one account out of nine and they all have the exact same info and I've had them since launch. I thought for sure when it first happened I'd just used a dirty word in general chat.

Yep if your IP changes it flags it. I dont think its instant, or maybe they just wait. I use VPN's and on one of my previously suspended accounts I decided to just use my home IP on it cause I've written that account off anyway, after a week it said I had to add 2FA and change my password on that account. The other accounts on that VPN IP haven't been triggered either.