Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Our Emp was about 62 people with about...5/6 boxes. we had 2.5 wizards (one wizard had hit 60 right as luclin launched and had zero gear) and 3 mages for our caster DPS.

Treated the fight like AOW and just had people make sure the tank was topped off before Rage hit. Got a little dicey at the end had a string of dead tanks and had to get rangers to Weaponshield it for a bit while we got re situated.

Got Ring and Double moccassins.

Allakhazam shows him dropping ancient spells. Is it not like Vulak where you get them guaranteed? we did not get any.

Edit: A lot of places say he is disease slowable but we did not get it to stick so we killed him unslowed. Zaide Zaide where you guys able to slow him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sterling

El Presidente
He doesn't drop ancient spells as far as I remember, but many of the VT mobs do. He does however drop Garrisons for your wizards which especially with the research nerf is certainly a thing.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What routes are you guys taking to get a BL to 55+ already? or are you just PLing them hardcore?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What routes are you guys taking to get a BL to 55+ already? or are you just PLing them hardcore?

We have 2, one is 60 the other is 55+ They both had druids to PL and we basically just let them do their thing. Since they rerolled for the guild we gave them a week pass on raiding so they could focus on leveling.

Went I know they did Unrest and Velks.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
We have 2, one is 60 the other is 55+ They both had druids to PL and we basically just let them do their thing. Since they rerolled for the guild we gave them a week pass on raiding so they could focus on leveling.

Went I know they did Unrest and Velks.

Makes sense, it seems most 40+ BLs i saw on the weekend had either a druid or a mage, or both OOG to PL them up lol

which is nice, because pretty much every BL i grouped with brought OOG support

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Man last night did a 8+ hours long ME camp, and towards 6 PM, Fulong from trucidation started training us. Just grab mobs and drop them on us, fucking guy, well anyways. I noticed there was another trucidation in Zone, a mage, nebutatt, or something, So i just hoped on my seru horse, grabbed fulong train and started running after the mage. The poor mage was running for his life, and me chasing her. I had the hunch he was related, or he was a box for Fulong.

So I kept sending tells to the mage. "If I cant play on the camp, so can't you", fulong didn't had the dps to contest and train us at the same time, also he wasn't moving, so it all seemed to point his attention being on the mage. I did this chase for like 10 minutes, and it worked!!. He left us alone!!

next time I'm chasing someone that is training us, I'll tell them "You know, I am getting DKP for farming this shard, so technically im getting paid to chase you"!!

Or my favorite one.

"You know I'm at 60.96% experience, that is almost a hundred deaths before I delevel, so yeah..."

Tarmie

Golden Squire
I PL'd my beastlords with monks. The pets seem to min hit at least so just strolled into Seb at 35ish and would FD my monks as low as possible. Getting nice Seb XP off reds as fast as monks could burn was way faster than having wait for undead to suicide on a DS.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My beastlord leveling at the upper levels was a combination of velks lab AoE groups or just grinding it out in Griegs.

I just group my beastlord with my enchanter/cleric/druid and kill all of the things. Even the cleric gets to nuke shit down~

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Yep hit 60 on mine right before Super Bowl started. Pld myself with Druid and grouping till high 30s in lguk. Then grouped in velks till about 45 where I then busted out the chanter oog and aoed in deep for 2 days.

• 1Picard

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Our Emp was about 62 people with about...5/6 boxes. we had 2.5 wizards (one wizard had hit 60 right as luclin launched and had zero gear) and 3 mages for our caster DPS.

Treated the fight like AOW and just had people make sure the tank was topped off before Rage hit. Got a little dicey at the end had a string of dead tanks and had to get rangers to Weaponshield it for a bit while we got re situated.

Got Ring and Double moccassins.

Allakhazam shows him dropping ancient spells. Is it not like Vulak where you get them guaranteed? we did not get any.

Edit: A lot of places say he is disease slowable but we did not get it to stick so we killed him unslowed. Zaide Zaide where you guys able to slow him?

You use the Koi'Doken trident to slow Emp.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1-2 wizards/bard/2-3chanters/cleric

Dude no. 2 enc is enough. You want at least a wiz and 2 other aoe dps or 2 wiz and a dedicated puller. IMO wiz can pull; 1 2 3 clr enc wiz is perfect.

If you ran 1 clr 3 enc 1 bard 1 wiz your dps would be crummy and you would end up with the bard and cleric trying to add dps and/or wizard medding for more during stunlock at times.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
So we could get by with me and rl friend doing

Enchanter
Wizard
Bard or Paladin puller (pal would work? Very geared)
Mage
Cleric
Invite a random ench

Mage OOG
Mage OOG
Would have to sub in my shaman, ranger, and war at some point. Not sure who we could take out of group to sub these guys in and keep heals/dps though. Maybe cleric if heals aren't needed much with a tight ship? Or I could take my ench out to sub them in and still AOE stun spam

So all we would need is random ench to join?

I need to join one on my ench and learn how it's done first.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Emp slow weapons, it's 10%
ds2.jpg
ds1.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
Dude no. 2 enc is enough. You want at least a wiz and 2 other aoe dps or 2 wiz and a dedicated puller. IMO wiz can pull; 1 2 3 clr enc wiz is perfect.

If you ran 1 clr 3 enc 1 bard 1 wiz your dps would be crummy and you would end up with the bard and cleric trying to add dps and/or wizard medding for more during stunlock at times.
I was able to keep up alone on my wizard, or as you said the cleric can also add a bit of damage. Have done it with Mage/Druid/Cleric as dps too, the actual DPS you use isn't super critical unless you're fighting another group, in which case you for sure need wizards.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

Ran that setup for 6 hours going from 51-60 in that time. Kept the whole east side dead.