Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, BAM is a pretty big deal all things considered.

I just have a soft spot for those poor, poor melee trying to level up in store bought leather and rusty two-handers with no relief in sight.
I have a hard time feeling bad for melee. They're shitty in classic and Kunark then soon after they're so far ahead of casters it's a joke. I had to swap to SK on Phinny because wizard was so bad.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Emp and VT mobs perma rooted.

GG My Pants.

We have a full raid Emp keyed and have actually done some full clearing of VT so this won't be a major lifestyle change for us. I think any of the major raid guilds on Agnarr won't have problems with the Emp change, just means time to farm keys. But VT changes really fucks over the more casual raid guilds because it means it's going to take much longer to clear. I guess they have the option to break it up over multiple days, I think the replay timer after you kill a non-AHR boss is like 2.5D so someone could go in and clear half then wait a few days then clear the rest.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I figured they'd wait til after Agnarr's content cycle was finished to release another server. But I guess this is 2 years after phinny release?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This one feels really, really early to me and combined with the Phinny exp rates it could be the first of this modern generation of prog servers that really falls on its face. A big part of what made Phinny so successful was how nasty LJ and Ragefire were. People were willing to put up with the shitty rates in exchange for instanced content. After getting dumpstered on LJ/RF it was an easy trade for a lot of people to make. Agnarr was plenty popular but the exp rate was also gentler. It's been what, ten months since Agnarr launched? I can't imagine people are already lining up to do more Classic and more Kunark while shouldering crappier exp on top.

Maybe not though. I'm terrible at estimating what gamers are willing to endure.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You get click from bags and bandolier, funny I quit right before this hits.

-Many UI features are no longer expansion restricted, including but not limited to: clicking items from bags, bandolier, blocking spells, quest journal.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know. Krono's were slowly starting to increase in price on agnarr the last day and a half and they prices is going up even faster since the new server announcement. 3 days ago it was ~5900, Monday night ~6600, Tuesday night ~7k. Now 8-9k+

lost

<Bronze Donator>
so whos going to the new server! i know i will be! cant wait to repeat history guys!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't know why you'd ever do a TLP more than once. At that point, grow up and move on. Relive the nostalgia once and that's fine, but keep dwelling in it for YEARS and you've probably got some issues.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Because the addicts will play no matter what, mught as well punish them.

Zaide Zaide get your XP pots ready, I bet this time if you server first Naggy you'll get your father's love.

One more dragon is all I need, that'll show my old live server top guild, shouldn't have rejected my app huehuehue.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users
The new server is just lazy design. Nothing new or fun. They could have done a pvp TLP or change a rule-set in a drastic or unique way. Such a shame, won't be playing that one for sure.

Sterling

El Presidente
Significant changes to rulesets will end up creating a lot of extra work depending on specifics. Phinny and Agnarr did get to work most of the kinks out so in theory at least it should at least be mostly functional. Until future patches break old shit as usual anyways.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
100x XP. Character deletion when you die. Raid mobs/xpacs unlock upon death of previous tier. Server gets Reset when quarm is killed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users