Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Maybe I'm not remembering it right but some of those spawns didn't pop on pickzone. Probably be helpful in some cases (ground spawns/certain named) but keeping zones up for AJ / Pained Soul / DL skelly was helpful.

Some don't, I forget which ones atm. It will definitely suck when we get booted out of FV at 3am because the pickzone closes.

Sterling

El Presidente
Any specific details on the changes to pickzones etc. Kinda wondering how it will impact bottleneck shit like Bloodgil, ground spawns etc. Get dem puppet strings ready?
I'd assume they'll be using the reduced timers on all the VP key shit, it won't be the clusterfuck it was on Phinny.

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'd like to get in on the race with a Troll Shaman perhaps. I played my last shaman for almost 16 years (first character made)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Citidal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am thinking about giving this a go while I wait on pantheon, good to see some old faces in this thread!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I remeber as a human ranger back in 1999 being stuck in pure ass darkness in the tunnel between everfrost and blackburrow for like a hour as a noob. I had no lightsource and I figured out that if I cast flamelick spell on me it would give me a bit of light for a few seconds. THATS how different this game is to the one back in 1999.

That takes me back. I remember trying to run through Toxx on an Erudite Necro and messing with gamma/monitor brightness and it barely helping.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That takes me back. I remember trying to run through Toxx on an Erudite Necro and messing with gamma/monitor brightness and it barely helping.

Tox was just pea soup. Your vision barely extended past your face even in the best lighting conditions. I don't know why you would do that to your players.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd assume they'll be using the reduced timers on all the VP key shit, it won't be the clusterfuck it was on Phinny.

Even if it is we would just show Zaide our little tricks which kept us on top. Plus we'll send our secret weapons back to the Swamp =p

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think I'm gonna give this server a go. I'm thinking of playing a shadow knight to try something different. I was going through the classes and realized I've played most of the ones I've wanted to except SK, also thinking of a monk who knows. I'll probably go full sock but work could throw a wrench in that, if I'm having a blast maybe I'll just call out the first week lol.

Citidal

Lord Nagafen Raider
SK and monk are both great classes for raiding and grouping. You really can not go wrong with either choice, just don't play a mage they are gutted.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I'm gonna give this server a go. I'm thinking of playing a shadow knight to try something different. I was going through the classes and realized I've played most of the ones I've wanted to except SK, also thinking of a monk who knows. I'll probably go full sock but work could throw a wrench in that, if I'm having a blast maybe I'll just call out the first week lol.

Are you Kenadul from BoR on Sol Ro sir?

I am going Necro instead of SK this round. SK is probably the single most OP class on these servers but I need FD and want to try another class. Harm Touch isn't a huge single DD anymore, its a small one. The biggest change is Unholy doubles your lifetap damage. The unholy change coupled with DoTs and really high melee damage makes them powerhouses.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well now what the fuck to play...

Also for pet classes, are Bst fucked with pet changes, that is once Luclin unlocks?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
alavaz alavaz They are toning down the damage on the combined revamped DoT's. I think from what I saw its already on Phinny.

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy No pets are ever "fucked". In classic when we formed raids we had to be cogniscent of how many mage’s and necro’s had pets. From that point on I don’t think I ever once gave thought to pets and Mark of the Old Ways debuff even once. Now if you mean their power level compared to classic EQ on live they are paper now yeah.

• 1Like

Tactician

Ancient
I think I'm going to take a couple days off work on launch and grind it out to 50 with theyanger, koushirou and an irl friend of mine. We would like to join up if you'll have us

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Sucks they nerfed necros too. Kinda makes me not want to play one. Bunch of idiots, just ruining this game.