Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So baller. I should probably sign up for one of these perma groups. Have a several week runway of nothing but time when this releases. Could probably do 20h/day no sweat.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Played an SK to 30 on p1999 (Red) launch before switching to DRU. I severely underestimated the classic hybrid/SK penalty in search of a HARD-MODE experience.

Will the XP hit be classic levels here? Can't believe the thought of playing EQ in the summer is even dancing in my head! (On blue no less!!)

Sterling

El Presidente
Played an SK to 30 on p1999 (Red) launch before switching to DRU. I severely underestimated the classic hybrid/SK penalty in search of a HARD-MODE experience.

Will the XP hit be classic levels here? Can't believe the thought of playing EQ in the summer is even dancing in my head! (On blue no less!!)
XP is dramatically faster than it was in 1999 or on P99. Characters are also much more powerful than they were back then for a number of reasons. This is very much EQ-lite.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
@Zaide do I have to sign up on your forum or can I just get the discord info and not pretend I am 17 posting a try hard application?

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd sell any stock of sun screen you might have, no tan this year.

Noahx

N00b
The instance raiding opens up all sorts of smaller guild opportunities, even farming Hate due to instancing and pickzones makes "getting a full set of that planar classic gear" possible. Bigger guilds can split the instance zones into multiple raids... and even creating a "small / tight knit / high quality" team is possible since the loot rains.

For those that have never used the instance system... it is a little downsy so ensure leads have a clue and your guild understands how it works. Lockouts / timers can fuck up a whole lotta people if not managed right.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Can't remember if anyone asked this, but do those new Kunark quests open with Kunark? The ones where they recently went back and fixed a bunch of old broken quests?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I R still so confused; why have a cap on the content. That seems to counter any remote idea of MMO....

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I R still so confused; why have a cap on the content. That seems to counter any remote idea of MMO....

People have claimed they want a server that ends at PoP so that's what this one is.

It's still 15+ months of content and they can always decide later to change the rules.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not to mention we are talking about a 17 year old game, a cap really shouldn't be that incredibly surprising...

Sterling

El Presidente
People have claimed they want a server that ends at PoP so that's what this one is.

It's still 15+ months of content and they can always decide later to change the rules.
People claim that they want all kinds of stupid shit. People vote for 6 month unlocks then get bored and quite/take breaks after 2 or 3 months. This is no different.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, the server capping at PoP doesn't mean they won't/can't have some "extension server" or something that they allow free transfers to for those that don't want to stagnate. Two birds with one stone if they do.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People claim that they want all kinds of stupid shit. People vote for 6 month unlocks then get bored and quite/take breaks after 2 or 3 months. This is no different.

I'll always be a little salty about those unlock timers that Ragefire and Lockjaw had. Six months of classic and six months of Kunark was so many months. I argued many a time with people about those votes. People were voting for a nostalgic ideal that was never going to hold up.

There was also the issue that the people doing the voting were the people that frequent the Daybreak forums. Players that are active on a game's forums are already a minority and a vocal one at that. Daybreak let a bunch of neckbeard quitters dictate the server rules for the actual long term customers. Ragefire maintained a bit of a population and LJ died a death in Kunark when Phinny opened up. I can only think of one person that voted for six months and played it out expansion after expansion. One.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Maybe i'm salty as i'd maybe convince myself to actually start on a new server after an extremely long break away (Hollow Depths or something like that was the last I played) but i just don't think i could get on board with a set ending point as odd as that sounds.

Been keeping an eye on Phinigle accounts for sale on player auctions and epicnpc but man that sure has dried up over the years. If i could find a higher end wizard i'd probably just do that and natural 2 box on a seperate computer to level up a second character. Do VET AA's work on Phin server? If so i guess for my 2nd character i could just buy some cheaper old account for those as well. GoD i don't have much desire to do but i really did love Omens expac as well as even didn't mind DoN.

• 1Solidarity