Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Disease cloud isn't the same aggro it used to be though. So I don't know if what hes talking about has to do with spells or not.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Zaide, I'd love to get into this at the start.

I will not be able to do the full 20 hours a day but I will be able to put in consistent time/effort.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to level up a druid first and then power up a shaman or just roll shaman from the start.

Does anyone actually roll druid? I really like having one on hand for teleports and powerleveling.

Sterling

El Presidente
I've probably mentioned it in this thread, but yeah SKs are probably the strongest class overall on these early TLP expansions. Tank in classic, including raid bosses since warriors don't have their discs yet or aggro weapons etc, one of the best pullers and one of the highest burn dps once you get discs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you go into a little more detail on this -- what do you mean warp things to you with spells? I've played practically nothing but Enchanter since EQ beta 2 -- but I'm thinking of switching it up a little this time around.

Warping is a bit different - If a mob is agro on you with a damage over time and it cannot reach you via geometry it will instantly warp to your location. Other mobs it social agroed with are still on threat but you can warp it and then FD for your monks to tag. A real good example of this is in Veeshans Peak but on TLPs you actually move up towards different pull spots instead of pulling all to the zone line. It works really well in Velious also especially in ToV for named east drakes and splitting drakes in north.

What you're talking about Eidal is more along the lines of normal SK pulling. We cast a DoT and instantly FD --> Hide and stand and unless the adds see invisible it will come alone to you. Its one of the reasons the circlet of shadows is so powerful, it lets you circumvent the hide mechanic and makes all races easy pullers.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Used to be able to do this as a monk before they made range attacks instant hits. Throw dagger and FD before it reaches, stand up throw dagger and any mob will warp on top of you for an easy tag.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Used to be able to do this as a monk before they made range attacks instant hits. Throw dagger and FD before it reaches, stand up throw dagger and any mob will warp on top of you for an easy tag.

I think it works the way you want right now. I don't think ranged attacks are instant.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah you can still get away with that if you have a cubby or corner in some places and you just strafe into it before the javelin lands and agros.

Noahx

N00b
Got my leave in. Ready for that static. I'm doing Shaman/Wizard 20 hours a day.

i'm thinking that holiday weekend launch might mean double exp weekend too. figure we can mostly be capped by monday.
I hope you survive the "non-group" buff era that is Classic on the Shaman. Sounds like a fun combo.

I hope you survive the "non-group" buff era that is Classic on the Shaman. Sounds like a fun combo.

Ah, did not know recent tlp's had such era-correct mechanics. If you play a buff class, part of the immersion is keeping things buffed. Nerfing that was one aspect of how the game just got too soft imo.

But I am still pissed that endurance has disappeared even from emu servers. zing.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So on the TLP's, I saw that in GoD or Omens vet rewards go in. Any idea if those are based off specific time on account or is it just the relevant rewards for that era as long as your account is that old (IE 3 yr vet rewards came out in expansion X so if your account is + 3 years you can get those at that time when its opened)?

Still flirting back and forth with picking up a wiz on phin server to mess around with as I think it would be too much of a jump to go into a live server not having played forever. Would love to hardcore it on this new server as I have 5 weeks of vacation to burn at some point and only doing 2 beach vacations this year but decided against it due to locked prog at pop. Plus I might get the new GF to try and play as her first MMO ever and probably be easier to bring her in on the TLP then it would be a live server.

Have one guy offering pretty decked out wiz with almost 700 AA's and quam/EP/PoT gear set, he wanted 750 but most I want to spend is 500 as I could easily log in once and say fuck it and not play again after I did one old mana burn for nostalgia.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Phinigel - WTS 65 Wiz w/ 591AA, Quarm/time loot, fully flagged, 3x 40slot bags +62 SK w/ 171AA

Any thoughts on ~ value of that account. Guy wont back off 750 but meh...if I play ill have an alt/2nd account that I enjoy the simple game with the gf and then when alone want something that is already got a great base. Or I could blow a lot on FFBE over the next few banners haha....decisions decisions :(

That account wont be worth shit if Agnarr takes off, if you REALLY must buy an account do it after Agnarr, you'll save a ton of cash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Phinigel - WTS 65 Wiz w/ 591AA, Quarm/time loot, fully flagged, 3x 40slot bags +62 SK w/ 171AA

Any thoughts on ~ value of that account. Guy wont back off 750 but meh...if I play ill have an alt/2nd account that I enjoy the simple game with the gf and then when alone want something that is already got a great base. Or I could blow a lot on FFBE over the next few banners haha....decisions decisions :(

Not worth it. Instanced raiding means everyone has EP/Quarm loot so that's not even a factor. Are 65 levels and 600AA worth 750 USD to you? With a much smaller investment into powerleveling you could get to 65 without too much difficulty, then you just grind normally for the AA and join a raiding guild to collect your gear with no competition.

Last edited:

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
ok thanks for the feed back. Any idea on the Vet AA question?

Unless you're planning to go full tryhard on Agnarr launch, you don't really need a character on Phinny to prepare for Agnarr. Like I said, I rolled a character on Phinny years and years out of practice, and found it relatively easy enough to use public channels and google to get answers to my questions.

And yea, most phinny players will jump ship to Agnarr, thus cratering the Phinny server... don't buy there unless $750 is pocket change to you.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
ok thanks for the feed back. Any idea on the Vet AA question?
From the EQ forums:
Q: Will Veteran Rewards Be Enabled on the Server? What About Holiday Events Like Fabled Mobs or Hardcore Heritage? Can I Claim Loot Rewards From Legends of Norrath on This Server?

No. These features and events provide rewards that are not “in era” for this server. There are no plans to enable these on Agnarr.

Sterling

El Presidente

Guilds will be continuing to do PoTime through LDoN and many will still be doing it even in GoD at least to fill out recruits and returning players etc. That said, this wizard is probably a top 10 wizard right now in terms of gear on the server, not sure who it is offhand though. Pretty sure it's not an AoS wizard.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for this server to open. Me and my son are jumping in and are going to relive some past memories.