Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone want to box / play my druid for the launch grind? The release date is a no-go for me.

If not I'll prolly change class to something else and start the weekend after.

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
Looks like they added server wide messages to a ton of mobs. Golems in fear + draco, maestro in hate, all PoSky bosses, drusella, etc. Also lol at people saying phinny will take a big hit. Most people on phinny don't want to play through the worst expansions in everquest again just to be stuck on the first half decent one.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Drus: Did they ever get around to instancing Drus? Or that still a "we'll do that eventually" thing that they dropped the ball on?

Sterling

El Presidente
Speaking of Drus: Did they ever get around to instancing Drus? Or that still a "we'll do that eventually" thing that they dropped the ball on?
They did, was pretty late though was late in velious, close to Luclin release. Will be good for Agnarr though I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Looks like they added server wide messages to a ton of mobs. Golems in fear + draco, maestro in hate, all PoSky bosses, drusella, etc. Also lol at people saying phinny will take a big hit. Most people on phinny don't want to play through the worst expansions in everquest again just to be stuck on the first half decent one.
I doubt Phinny will take much of a hit either, but I guarantee you a good portion of people who play TLPs think these are the best expansions.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol at people saying phinny will take a big hit. Most people on phinny don't want to play through the worst expansions in everquest again just to be stuck on the first half decent one.

Said nobody, ever. I think the only people more out of touch with the people who play EQ in 2017 than you are Daybreak employees.

Kunark, velious, luclin, pop worst expansions in EQ? Holy shit... Luclin you might have something to stand on but... Really?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm not buying this... honestly I believe Kunark and PoP are the best expansions in their history. Sure, there's some nostalgia there but i've played a lot of EQ and MMO's over the years and I can think of few of my best memories that do not stem from those expansions (maybe some Velious too). Even in newer games, when I think of class/epic weapons, several dungeons and raids, and a number of other aspects of MMO's it takes me back to these early EQ expansions. I'd dare say that many games, whether they know it or not, are developing from these ideas. Not that it's a problem or am I complaining, i'm just saying it's hard to not travel back to these expansions if you have any experience with EQ at all not to mention favorable memories of EQ.

I'm sure we can argue this all day long but to say these are the "worst" expansions is simply crazy and you should probably go submit movie review to RT or something.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
They did, was pretty late though was late in velious, close to Luclin release. Will be good for Agnarr though I guess.

It was still pretty nice, even in luclin. Attack capping a box ranger was still pretty difficult. Getting the new kunark quests in-era going to be kinda neat. Sebilite pox for days.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not buying this... honestly I believe Kunark and PoP are the best expansions in their history. Sure, there's some nostalgia there but i've played a lot of EQ and MMO's over the years and I can think of few of my best memories that do not stem from those expansions (maybe some Velious too). Even in newer games, when I think of class/epic weapons, several dungeons and raids, and a number of other aspects of MMO's it takes me back to these early EQ expansions. I'd dare say that many games, whether they know it or not, are developing from these ideas. Not that it's a problem or am I complaining, i'm just saying it's hard to not travel back to these expansions if you have any experience with EQ at all not to mention favorable memories of EQ.

I'm sure we can argue this all day long but to say these are the "worst" expansions is simply crazy and you should probably go submit movie review to RT or something.

Kunark yes, PoP is...kinda shallow. Once you're clearing time, everything outside of time is near pointless. With the 120 AA you could bring over from Luclin there was about 2 days of leveling (or none if you corpsed) and then about 10 total AA to get. Getting to time takes about a solid day of good raiding after your BoT keys and then you just do time once a week /shrug. Elementals are mostly just to fill in the box armies and for gearing up a bit quicker. Kunark had so much good group content to do in between the raids. Still not much for experienced players but far more than PoP did. I think the only memorable group item in PoP is the tradeskill earring really. And if you're anal about it the saryn? and quarm ear combo is far superior.

Vaclav

Ok, that makes it less ludicrous to add a serverwide for her then I guess. I can only imagine how hellish the goblins will be with her being instanced though, lol.

Really nice for Greenmist though I guess.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, that makes it less ludicrous to add a serverwide for her then I guess. I can only imagine how hellish the goblins will be with her being instanced though, lol.

Really nice for Greenmist though I guess.

Zones that are shit (like FM) will be spawning picks at 12-18 people with the pick changes. If your guild gives the slightest fuck about your SWC you can just go pickpop a few b4 raids. Angry was spawning on pick up on phinny and I doubt it'll change for agnarr.

Vaclav

Said nobody, ever. I think the only people more out of touch with the people who play EQ in 2017 than you are Daybreak employees.

Kunark, velious, luclin, pop worst expansions in EQ? Holy shit... Luclin you might have something to stand on but... Really?

More than a few of us "progression people" like the idea of catching up to modern EQ without the shellshock of skipping 16 expansions or whatever. And some of the later expansions like DoDH (minus the stupid monster missions - they were a waste of time mostly) are pretty damn amazing.

Even GoD itself now with all the changes that have happened since it's inception makes it an amazing expansion - sure the design is still a tad boring, but contentwise it's great. OoW is largely a great expansion as well. (I can't quote post PoR though, no real experience, heard great things about many but no firsthand)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Zones that are shit (like FM) will be spawning picks at 12-18 people with the pick changes. If your guild gives the slightest fuck about your SWC you can just go pickpop a few b4 raids. Angry was spawning on pick up on phinny and I doubt it'll change for agnarr.

Just include spawning a FM as part of a Venril Sathir raid. Nice and orderly.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Kunark does suck going into it at lvl 50. Agnarr exp rates will make it much less painful. The raiding is just meh and epics are pretty much the coolest thing. If you happen to start a new toon in Kunark though, it's not as bad (even though 50-60 will still suck).

• 1Like

Vaclav

The one right outside Cab (Warsliks) really seemed to be the roadblock one, and the threshold there was closer to 40 to spawn a pick from what I saw. With a dozen or so lurkers at any time so a die roll on who switches quicker.

And since it's a hated XPing zone it's not like natural pop there ever helps remotely.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I don't know what it is about this game. I don't feel like I should be doing it again but damnit if I don't want to. Decisions, decisions....

• 1Like

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
The one right outside Cab (Warsliks) really seemed to be the roadblock one, and the threshold there was closer to 40 to spawn a pick from what I saw. With a dozen or so lurkers at any time so a die roll on who switches quicker.

And since it's a hated XPing zone it's not like natural pop there ever helps remotely.

There was an early PoP rework on pickzones. Most zones spawn picks way lower -- think it's more related to relative popularity rather than zone size now. Shady / Angry should be much quicker / easier, but yeah.

• 1Solidarity

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
GoD is the best expansion in EQ imo. OoW, DoDH, PoR, SoD, Underfoot are all very strong as well. EQ's biggest problem is that it's incredibly daunting to start from scratch on a server that has already been around for years. They've made it a little easier but it's still a big mountain to climb and most don't bother climbing it.

Classic is fun for the initial month because you are more or less forced to group with people, and level up with basically no gear. Getting shit with +10hp is a big upgrade and it's just hilarious and fun if you ask me. It brings back how EQ used to be. But after that you'll mostly just see boxed toons & groups going.

I'll probably hang out on Agnarr when nothing is happening on Phinny though. Mostly because people are willing to pay outrageous amounts of krono for shit that's extremely easy to acquire :p.