Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Heck yeah, I am down. Add me on Discord if you would like, Jips#3610

Okay will do. We have like 7 people but zero chance of us always being together. I play mostly late evenings and my friend does also. We will always be able to buddy up if can remain in a somewhat similar level range. What race are you going?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No idea about the lantern but rebreathers were def in, that's how we did the phinny raid with our box mage armies.

I'm less concerned about the lantern as I'll have invis this time. It was pretty clutch on my cleric though. I just really don't want to compete for an earring this time around.

I have a feeling that that camp is going to suck dick and I am legitimately worried about the number of macroquesting faggots on TLP I will have to encounter for beneficial camps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm less concerned about the lantern as I'll have invis this time. It was pretty clutch on my cleric though. I just really don't want to compete for an earring this time around.

I have a feeling that that camp is going to suck dick and I am legitimately worried about the number of macroquesting faggots on TLP I will have to encounter for beneficial camps.

We just made it mandatory for all classes to carry cloudy pots x20. Even if you can invis you'll want the instant invis for when some autist comes to train you or for when you're rushing things like Naggy in open world.

Most of the time some group will not see you setup in an odd room or will just be pathing through and a simple conversation will solve issues. Its always best to give the benefit of the doubt especially with so many new people on TLP's. When you've been a gentlemen though and theyre still retarded you just need to bomb them with enough mobs they remember to not mess with you. Once you disrupt a groups XP it usually prevents them from repeating it. I would 100% expect situations at Efretti and Cloaked Damph during classic. If you go to Efretti you need to come to terms with the fact it will be contested. Same thing with cloaked damph, people will AFK at fountain or on the roof and pretend their waiting for the camp and charm pull the damph across the zone.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Good money to be made in rebreathers fo sho.

Funny seeing Bertox and GP mentioned. My old roommate and a bunch of his/our RL buddies were in GP. I moved to Bertox mid Velious after my guild on Tholuxe imploded and split. Of course they merged later, and all my old guildies were like WTF we thought you rage quit...

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well I wasn't in GP but my buddy was Frizbie. Think he joined Velious/Luclin timeframe. Also friends with Rosalyne whom we ended up meeting IRL after a few years.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
So are SKs not a good class, loved my SK but then also loved my Druid. Are SKs decent on these progression servers for solo/group play and maybe raiding?

Dont have the free time to poopsock but do have at least 4 to 5 hours nightly to play so which class is better to roll, also a Paladin would be a choice i would like to play as well.

Sterling

El Presidente
SKs might be the single overall strongest class on these TLP servers when raid geared. They do so much. They tank, pull, dps, can solo difficult individual mobs better than most.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SKs might be the single overall strongest class on these TLP servers when raid geared. They do so much. They tank, pull, dps, can solo difficult individual mobs better than most.

Only downsides are being common (if you care about being FotM/competition for rare drops that are class specific) and one of the worst epics to complete. (ENC/SK/WIZ all suck ass - SK IMO is the worst with current class load though)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The existence of old items has clinched me to Ranger. I remember lusting after that damn sword when I was 14, only to have it disappear. The other option was Rogue, but I already played Rogue from Classic->PoP in one lifetime, and spent way too much of my teenage years shitposting on the Safehouse, don't really feel the need to do so again. Looking forward to spending a ridiculous amount of time playing an 18-year-old game starting next week :D

Is there a discord or something people are planning on using for organizing groups and such during launch week?

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
How's SK dps in constant group setting? Is it above average as well?
As the tank? or just as a dps slot? In the first case they're probably on average the highest dps tank, for the 2nd it'll be mediocre since they're dps on raids is more about burn damage, not sustained.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going to end up running a bard with my necro friend, actually looking forward to relearning the class and finally getting around to the raid content I couldn't get to when it first came out due to shitty small town internet at the time.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So how disadvantaged would I be playing an ENC not having played EQ much? Like not knowing where to grind for what loot. I hear the epic quest sucks for that class. I've played games where I did CC and such so that's not an issue.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So how disadvantaged would I be playing an ENC not having played EQ much? Like not knowing where to grind for what loot. I hear the epic quest sucks for that class. I've played games where I did CC and such so that's not an issue.
Not knowing where to grind for what loot isn't an Enchanter issue, so I'm not sure why you made the correlation. As a caster, loot doesn't really matter. You'll pick up enough loot from jewerly, and other random drops to do just fine, and if you're in the guild, then you'll have raid loot flowing pretty quickly.

But basically, loot isn't a requirement to play an ENC so you're fine.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if you don't know where loot is, could just farm PP(HGs, cyclops) and buy the stuff :p

Usual leveling paths should take you through loot you can wear, maybe buy a couple off ball things(like for chants the stiens) and then wait for planar.

jipjipjip

Trakanon Raider
Okay will do. We have like 7 people but zero chance of us always being together. I play mostly late evenings and my friend does also. We will always be able to buddy up if can remain in a somewhat similar level range. What race are you going?
Dwarf for the stats and easy location, what about you guys?

when melee classes are wailing about how they neeeeeeed geeeeeear you will be still rockin' cloth and going, uh, wut?

it's all about making it tol Breeze. Then, everyone lurves you.

• 1Like