Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
How do you sell Kronos back for $? Or just to other players at some small discount versus the actual price?
I think they sell on playerauctions or whatever for like $14 and change

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
btw whenever you accumulate a significant amount of platinum the smart thing to do is to convert it to KR as soon as possible to hedge against the inflation which is rampant at this point.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
How do you sell Kronos back for $? Or just to other players at some small discount versus the actual price?

they sell them to other players for usually about half the price DBG charges. I may or may not buy them occasionally from the grey market because fuck paying 15 a month when I can pay $8 a month.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If my life ever devolves to fighting for kronos for many hours at a time at $9 a pop I'll just go kill myself BASE jumping kkthx.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
do AoE groups work on progression servers? the way they used to? i.e. a few enchanters, wizards, a bard and a cleric pull all of skyfire and burn it down.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
...$9, figure you can pull in maybe 2 krono an hour at a REALLY good pace..

$18/hr to fucking play EQ?

I mean, it doesn't sound BAD...wait, fuck, yes it does.

Cause you figure to cover their losses, the massive amount of soda, air freshener and snacks just to sustain playing, not to mention probably 6 accts..

They're playing 60+hr weeks to average $18hr, with no overtime.

And dear god, it only works for so long..How the fuck can that be enticing over just having a half-fucking decent job?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
...$9, figure you can pull in maybe 2 krono an hour at a REALLY good pace..

$18/hr to fucking play EQ?

I mean, it doesn't sound BAD...wait, fuck, yes it does.

Cause you figure to cover their losses, the massive amount of soda, air freshener and snacks just to sustain playing, not to mention probably 6 accts..

They're playing 60+hr weeks to average $18hr, with no overtime.

Considering the item saturation and inflation rates you have to be really on the ball to get EQ krono at any decent rate. Items like the BAM and other stuff with choice focii effects in hard to reach areas will likely be worth kronos for a long time.

But heavily farmed areas like Lguk/SolB have their item values drop dramatically and quickly. So pick sniping and other faggotry abound. Like runnyeye afk mages!

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Considering the item saturation and inflation rates you have to be really on the ball to get EQ krono at any decent rate. Items like the BAM and other stuff with choice focii effects in hard to reach areas will likely be worth kronos for a long time.

But heavily farmed areas like Lguk/SolB have their item values drop dramatically and quickly. So pick sniping and other faggotry abound. Like runnyeye afk mages!
BAM isn't hard to farm it's just out of the way in Runnyeye. highest level mobs are like level 30 there.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
do AoE groups work on progression servers? the way they used to? i.e. a few enchanters, wizards, a bard and a cleric pull all of skyfire and burn it down.

Yes, when Kunark hits you will see a number of groups AE'ing the disco/sebilis in general. There was a dude on Phinny who ran 18 toons and spent all of Kunark - Luclin, even through PoP ae'ing the disco PL'ing toons and making plat... I would imagine he ends up on Agnarr too.

In Luclin you'll see the majority of people in The Deep, as that is easily the best zone to AE and level/AA in.

AE'ing Skyfire kind of sucks but I've seen it done. Mobs are resistant though, dispell, and the zone is very large making it take too long to gather up mobs.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah that's what I meant by hard to reach area (very inconvenient to go to).
got ya.

i must have had some outstanding luck going there last night. went in, charmed an evil eye (highest level mobs in zone according to zam) and used a map to find my way downstairs (never really been in there before) to run right into Lord Pickclaw being attacked by a mage pet. I sicked pet and won dps easy. dropped BAM, BABS and BA Greaves. stayed around for like 30 mins after trying to get another BAM but got bored and bounced.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
got ya.

i must have had some outstanding luck going there last night. went in, charmed an evil eye (highest level mobs in zone according to zam) and used a map to find my way downstairs (never really been in there before) to run right into Lord Pickclaw being attacked by a mage pet. I sicked pet and won dps easy. dropped BAM, BABS and BA Greaves. stayed around for like 30 mins after trying to get another BAM but got bored and bounced.

Much better than my luck so far!

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Was in a group in lguk last night and we all agreed to do need before greed on a Chernobyl Talisman that had dropped, me being a Druid and was the Healer for the group for hours, was happy as fuck to get that as there was no Shaman.

What happens i lose to a SK and a magician that joined rolled as well on it. The Necro did not roll cause he knew that would be BiS for me for some time. I say really.... then say how it has wis and the SK is trying to say he has use for it cause of the low AC Hps and Mana on it.

Then mentions the Affliction Haste II on it and i lost my shit and say Fuck you. "But it doesn't make it right" he says that a Druid benefits way more then a SK on that item as most of the group was mentioning it to this idiot and he did not like being bullied and leaves. Im sure the dude is gonna sell it cause no way he keeps this thing on, what a jerk.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Was in a group in lguk last night and we all agreed to do need before greed on a Chernobyl Talisman that had dropped, me being a Druid and was the Healer for the group for hours, was happy as fuck to get that as there was no Shaman.

What happens i lose to a SK and a magician that joined rolled as well on it. The Necro did not roll cause he knew that would be BiS for me for some time. I say really.... then say how it has wis and the SK is trying to say he has use for it cause of the low AC Hps and Mana on it.

Then mentions the Affliction Haste II on it and i lost my shit and say Fuck you. "But it doesn't make it right" he says that a Druid benefits way more then a SK on that item as most of the group was mentioning it to this idiot and he did not like being bullied and leaves. Im sure the dude is gonna sell it cause no way he keeps this thing on, what a jerk.
who is it? name names

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
SKs need affliction haste to tank and DPS, not saying this guys is smart enough to know that they do.

SKs will generate threat for the entirety of this server from classic into PoP by spamming clinging darkness. Same thing goes for DPS, a SK always starts with the boil blood line of DoTs and you always ensure they are stacked for DPS as they are your most mana efficient source of damage (even in kunark with unholy DoTS > taps).

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
I see that point but the benefit he gets is small compared to the benefit a druid gets from the item in classic. His Dots are already on the low side and has no problem holding threat to begin with. Very minor benefit at this point, as opposed to the benefit a druid would get. Eh no matter, had i known he would of rolled then i would of been content with everyone rolling cause i dont see him using THAT item for very long if at all. Just felt robbed is all.

Sterling

El Presidente
this is a good example of why I'm hesitant to do NBG in groups. just have everybody roll on everything and save yourself the frustration.
Yeah if you're grouping with random people everyone need on everything, if it's people you know just sort it out.