Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
this is a good example of why I'm hesitant to do NBG in groups. just have everybody roll on everything and save yourself the frustration.

Exactly. I got so sick of being in Frenzied groups where only melee are allowed to roll on FBSS or Lord groups where only melee on Yaks. Fuck you, I can trade those for an SMR. And then I get into Magus group and everyone is allowed to roll. it's the back and forth that pisses me off. I'm only joining all need for now on (who cares about needing before greeding on anything worth less than a krono, but fuck you otherwise, because I can trade for what I need). Dude got mad that I left his FBSS group to join an SMR group because he said "I didn't need to leave, I just wanted to for a better group". Yeah.. damn straight, everyone in the group but him wanted to leave because it was terrible exp, but he wanted his FBSS where only he was allowed to roll, and didn't understand why I wanted to join a camp where I could actually get something...

was in a hate group the other day and we started out going NBG on shit until our Mage "needed" on a ruby drop because he "needs it for one of his Shovel of Ponz quest". that literally was his rationale. we would have kicked him but we needed the DPS being that we were already up in hate and all. Tosheeba I think was his name.

Had the same thing happen with a Mage in the hole. Lol just buy it for 100p! I mean I'm needing on Hides, but that's because they translate directly into spells, a little different than other shenanigans some people are up to, but hey, whatever you gotta do I guess.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
As far as Krono PC. I just auctioned WTB Krono 1050 in Commons and got 3 tells. Got 1 for 1k. So I dunno, seems like they are 900-1050 atm.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This game is so much better when you are playing with folks that are actively trying to help each other out.

When we were doing lower guk the other night we were having the correct classes pick up gear to use and then randoming the rest in a fair manner. Obviously this only works if people stay for a super long camp but it's nice to have zero loot drama over "top end" drops.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
was in a hate group the other day and we started out going NBG on shit until our Mage "needed" on a ruby drop because he "needs it for one of his Shovel of Ponz quest". that literally was his rationale. we would have kicked him but we needed the DPS being that we were already up in hate and all. Tosheeba I think was his name.

Tosheeba is Faldy from RF. If anyone remembers, he's uhh, kind of a huge idiot through and through.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Yeah im almost certain i grouped with a few of you, Hatton is my druids name, was wondering does Faceless accept people with a playtime of 5 hours or more nightly. Job keeps me from playing earliee then 9 CST but no issues of playing till 2 am or more. Didnt want to app earlier as i didnt have the time to be in a static, but lvl 36 atm and saw druids were needed.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you don't understand the kind of people playing this game. there's a significant chunk of game population who are living off of a fixed income from (probably fraudulent) long term disability or social security checks and any kronos they can make is another dominos pizza they can treat themselves to.

Yep, but it's not just this game.

As for boxers, didn't have many issues with them. Spent most of my early years in EQ just with one account and eventually knew most of the boxers on the server. They were cool for the most part, just playing the game the way they wanted. Same thing with all the MQ'rs, hackers, trainers, etc etc. Never cared for doing that stuff myself and didn't waste time raging about others that did. Their activities can certainly ruin a night but overall they are a minor nuisance.

Was trained all the time in the old days because of my guild tag. But training a sk is a fairly stupid thing to do. And as a guild we trained everybody and everybody trained us along with all kinds of other jerk moves, before the gm's finally put a stop to it. It was fun, for a while.

During last couple years of eq, boxed a shaman. Boxing a cleric right now. Already been trained multiple times. I either kill the mobs or send the pet while camping/ zoning. I don't even bother training back anymore. It's boring and a waste of time. The people who train usually move on after they see they have failed and I don't care.

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
Fucking Yahoo! should just buy EQ since the average skill level of its players are grandmothers playing web games. Jesus Christ. So much bad. 2 more levels and I'm never grouping with anyone outside a select few I know don't suck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I kinda feel bad for the people not 50 already. First because the exp bonus is gone and those last few levels are fucking slow! Second, because the people still leveling now are predominantly casuals, and not of the good kind. Not everyone, but I think more bads than if you were in the initial rush.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Yeah, hated that i had to work......so bummed at 36 been lfg for hours now. Whats a good place to solo as a 36 druid anyways?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was moving last weekend so i was hooped anyway, but i'm just going to level a necro so i can solo if need be regardless

Necro is Lacrimosa like i was on phinigel.

I read something about shaman/druids getting their DoT lines changed so they're a lot stronger now or something? is that true?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
You are a damn saint.

Aww thanks, but I'm really a priestess of the drowned god (what is dead may never die)

I grouped with the streamer cutelilcow all night and most of the day. She's cool and @Secrets was there now and then. They have a great group that has good gear. It was so easy healing them. Fun bunch.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ok time for some screenies!

Here's SolA with Dorf when I finally figured out how to take a screen with no numpad.

EQ000556.jpg

Got ghoulbane for this Dorf. We were down there 8ish 10ish hours, and it got VERY green, but another dorf Pal was there so we tried hard to get him one. We got smashed by trains several times.
EQ000558.jpg

Unrest with Arya. We got lots of jagged bands!
EQ000564.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This was one of those great nights when you just have the whole pick to yourself. There was like 1 bedroom group I think, but our monk pulled pretty much the entire dead side for hours. I think while I was there we got 2 haste sashes, 3 robes, probably 6ish yaks, and lots of the other misc drops. The monk that replaced Glowerss was really good too, but I didn't get any shots of that.

EQ000592.jpg

Secrets pulled us a hand to frenzy

EQ000596.jpg

I'm sad I lost all my low level screenshots. I bought one of those cool colorful keyboards with no numpad so I had to remap it. And everything I tried to map to was taken. EQ has so many hotkeys! I ended up with ctrl-alt-s or something and they have this "Share" feature that is mapped to ctrl-shift-s, so I was hitting that instead.

Lots of good and a few super super terrible groups.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I haven't posted on FOH since EQ2 KOS days. I'll be playing on Agnarr as a Necro and I also still play on the Bristlebane server.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Welp, fucking game. I planned to sit this one out after I missed the first week. Then made a char to just goof around a bit. Now I am sitting here on my day off with my morning coffee happily grinding away in Unrest.

Char is Keikoo, Necro. I idle in fohlofg al the time.

Goddamn EQ.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Even at 3am on a weekday people are trying for the sro ancient in 3 picks. I had to edumacate all 3 of them on how to do it.