Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First time you go to the Moon, it is a giant leap for mankind. The 10,000'th time, you are just another tourist shitting up a national park.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nulolan

N00b
Sorry I skimmed through but couldn't find how chanters and to a lesser degree bards are so overpowered now ? From charm I assume, is it a static timer now ? something like that would actually make me come back my favorite classes and favorite skill in game being FoTM excited my poop sock I have to admit.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Not a static timer, but the amount of damage charmed pets can do (especially backstabbers) is just unreal. We ran a 2 Enchanter, bard, shaman, sk, necro group last night in guk and we were able to clear the entire bottom floor and most spawns near exec, sage ect. Even managed to get my dark elf mask in the process.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I need to get around to leveling my alchemy too... what's actually worth money and can you level all that shit at the merchant in innothule?

I need to go look up some leveling guides to see what's efficient. I honestly can't remember from the last time I leveled it. As for Innothule, no idea. I did all mine in Cabilis last time. I'll let you know if I dig up a decent guide.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The likelihood of charm breaking before the full duration is pretty low as well, so it's more or less pretty reliable

Nulolan

N00b
Well damn, really making me want to give EQ another whirl needless to say can charmed pets tank ok ? Is the damage done for all charmed creatures even if a necro or druid charms it, if that's the case I would run enchanter/necro and then if charmed pets can still tank cleric for the third. I'm pretty out of the loop but it seems necro/chanter/cleric box could really light some shit up ohh man u guys are making me want to come back something serious!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Well damn, really making me want to give EQ another whirl needless to say can charmed pets tank ok ? Is the damage done for all charmed creatures even if a necro or druid charms it, if that's the case I would run enchanter/necro and then if charmed pets can still tank cleric for the third. I'm pretty out of the loop but it seems necro/chanter/cleric box could really light some shit up ohh man u guys are making me want to come back something serious!
keep in mind this is a true box server, you will need 3 computers to box 3 toons

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Please explain, because if true, im paying and logging on today
It has to be reported with some super duper evidence to warrant a suspension. Basically they do have a code that boots people out if attempting multiple connections from same IP. But if you are smart and can get around it, you are all set.

So last night was my first time EVER in an EQ raid...As a healer is there anyway to see the health of other people in the raid besides your group? I could not figure it out for the life of me last night.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Please explain, because if true, im paying and logging on today
whatever staff DBG employs to do with CS shit must be an absolute skeleton crew. I've never seen GM intervention on a single issue and I've been involved in a lot of shenanigans.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have seen GMs broadcast about using petition and such and I saw a guide in Gfay once

but i have not seen a camp dispute et al.

I'm pretty sure this is a might makes right deal

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So how do you get around it? <--- not that computer nerd smart

If its IP based, its internal IP (or multiple pcs wouldn't work either) so you could use wired+wireless, or some other method of binding each client to a different internal IP (client 1 sends through wired, client 2 sends through wireless)..but thats a complicated fucking mess.

Virtual machines, if its not an automated ban, would be easier.

My assumption, however, was that it scanned for other eqgame.exe's running when connecting to the truebox servers. From there it'd figure out if that client was connected to the same server (I'm sure the info is cached in some temp file)..

If that is the case, then virtual machines would be the way to go too.

If it does neither? Just load up 2 instances and go to fucking town.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I heard they have a way of detecting VMs. Basically everything ive read is its not easy to overcome this one box script they are running. Running 2 boxes is a pain in the ass.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I heard they have a way of detecting VMs. Basically everything ive read is its not easy to overcome this one box script they are running. Running 2 boxes is a pain in the ass.

That's my impression as well. I guess it could be wrong though, I have seen a few 6 boxers. But every time I have, at least a few were visibly afk.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
rt.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
After 4,5,even 6 boxing on live, I dont think I could play EQ without boxing anymore. Too fucking boring.

Just look at any EQ agnarr or phinny stream on Twitch, 99% of them you click on are sitting on their asses not doing anything.

Also IMO, vanilla EQ sucks. It got way better during Kunark and even better in Velious.