Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ah so apparently you can buy krono on any server and use on Agnarr. That's super dumb of DBG's. They legit cost themselves tens of thousands of dollars by allowing that. Good for the players tho but super dumb business decision on DBG's part.

In this case I'll lower my price to 10$ per 1k.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Guild can now clear POH minis, getting old inny loot it's fantastic.

Is it the race specific Inny loot? I want Pauldrons of Power (erudite badass shoulders). I remember that Gnome one that is 20ac!

Post some screenshots ffs. Why does nobody ever post screenshots :(?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Looks like Flames of Reverence has had some internal drama and a chunk of their members left to reform Venerate. FYI Flames of Reverence are the guys who made FoH on P99 and then stole Sutekh's signature, some popular poster avatars and then also tried to steal what they thought was the intended Faceless guild name here.

Early reports indicate that the reasoning for fallout was that their leader Qenni is a retard. I'll provide some additional details later.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Ah so apparently you can buy krono on any server and use on Agnarr. That's super dumb of DBG's. They legit cost themselves tens of thousands of dollars by allowing that. Good for the players tho but super dumb business decision on DBG's part.

In this case I'll lower my price to 10$ per 1k.
You can buy them in game in any of the all access games, you can buy them in EQ2 and it gives you access to EQ or whatever. That's literally the whole point of krono is that they're a 30 day all access sub that's you can trade in game. On live servers they're millions of plat, in the first couple of days of TLPs they're a couple of hundred plat. It's all relative.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Damn, going on 7 hours now not one group invite =(, really thought i would get 50 today so close only 41% to go. Well night is young and maybe some rep invite will grace me and i can finally ding....hopefully. Hatton is name if you need a spot filled, i know its getting tiresome seeing this, but think of the favors a Druid can give in return =).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn, going on 7 hours now not one group invite =(, really thought i would get 50 today so close only 41% to go. Well night is young and maybe some rep invite will grace me and i can finally ding....hopefully. Hatton is name if you need a spot filled, i know its getting tiresome seeing this, but think of the favors a Druid can give in return =).

You should just find some 50's farming somewhere and afk leach. Hell I wouldn't care. But I'm not on tonight. I've lost like 11 bubs of yellow in 50 and just regained it farming.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why not make your own group?

On a related note, I asked my buddy this, and he tells me that he hates making groups so much that he'd rather sit LFG for hours than to try and make his own. WTF? I'm baffled that after even an hour you didn't just go create your own group, especially since it sounds like you want 50 pretty bad.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why not make your own group?

On a related note, I asked my buddy this, and he tells me that he hates making groups so much that he'd rather sit LFG for hours than to try and make his own. WTF? I'm baffled that after even an hour you didn't just go create your own group, especially since it sounds like you want 50 pretty bad.

Yeah man just /w all 40 50 lfg

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
As a solo druid on phinigel as my first char to 50...

I would scout some camps quickly.

Then you need a tank class, and you already have enough heals to get going. Especially as you grab ez DPS to kill things quickly and require less healing from druid heals at first.

Then I would /w all +/-5ish of my current level. So if I was level 45 I would search
/w all 40 50 LFG
If a tank class came up I'd ask every one of them:
"Hello, might you like a group in hole? I'll pick you up asap"

If no LFG came up I would :
/W all 40 50 shadow
/W all 40 50 paladin
/W all 40 50 warrior
/W all 40 50 ranger
In that order
I would send the same message above to every single search result that came up
Press alt+up or whatever, delete first name, replace with second name and hit send, for all names that come up

Once you get a tank class, then I'd do the same for enchanter

Once you have tank and ench locked down, invite any of the many DPS that are /w all 40 50 LFG at all times

If no luck finding ench, put together a somewhat decent combo and go pick them up. Tell each to go to nearest druid ring and send you a tell when nearing it. Then go pick them up while GRP continues with the second healer class you probably picked up along the way.

You can root as druid for CC if needed

As a druid, I had zero problem getting static groups to 50 in no time.
As soon as someone said they were leaving soon, I'd be spamming /w all 40 50 for whatever was needed to replace them and sending that same msg to every single name that comes up.

Druid is not really great, but you can be recognized as a hard working druid and be known for creating solid groups that get shit done.

No offense at all here, however anyone who says "you know what, I'm throwing up a LFG tag and waiting it out"....Is doing it wayyyy wrong. Unless you have no kids, no significant other, and nothing else requiring your attention.

Btw I could log on any time of day with that druid 1-50, and have a near full, or full GRP, all picked up and ported, and grinding in a group that lasted till I was done for the day...All in about 10-20 minutes from login. Every time. If your group is weak on DPS or something, plan accordingly for the first replacement to possibly be higher level, or a friend you know is good, etc.

My druid name was nooglar on phiny. Shaman name was Hutorn, did same thing when leveling him. Gotta be lot of people out there who hate me for always soliciting, and many more who would say damn that guy gets shit done.

Druid may not be master of much, but they can be the master of forming groups and getting them to the grind quickly. People will respect that.

Sorry for long story :(

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
When I was leveling we were looking for a tank for frenzy and we see a 38 SK at zoneline. I ask him to join and he goes nah I'm waiting for hamlord it's better XP.

I tell him we can move into Ham if a new pick opens or someone leaves and atleast you'll be getting XP and he declined.

So sure as rain we get another tank and we do frenzy for a few hours then someone leaves hamlord and we end up doing that all night while the SK spams ooc that he lfg.

Pretty sure he still isn't 50.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I just had a scavenger hunt in Felwithe and man I was pissing myself laughing watching the newbs try to get to me. I went through the false wall past the church and up around the castle and hopped onto a ledge. I could see tons of people underneath, but they couldn't properly see me. One guy made it to me and got the first item, a 2str 4int jewelry earring, by getting to me the way I did it. The 2nd guy tried an unconventional way hopping from houses onto tiny ledges by the lake and that had me laughing so hard because he kept falling and he was level 1 so he'd get knocked unconscious. But he'd get back up and try again over and over again. Eventually he made it and claimed his prize. Good ol eq.

When I was leveling we were looking for a tank for frenzy and we see a 38 SK at zoneline. I ask him to join and he goes nah I'm waiting for hamlord it's better XP.

I tell him we can move into Ham if a new pick opens or someone leaves and atleast you'll be getting XP and he declined.

So sure as rain we get another tank and we do frenzy for a few hours then someone leaves hamlord and we end up doing that all night while the SK spams ooc that he lfg.

Pretty sure he still isn't 50.

Lol. I love people like that. They are curiosities.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Forgot to add to my last post:

I was also joining the shadow Knight, enchanter, cleric, paladin, warrior, and ranger channels, plus general chat, and spamming LF 40-50 of each class, to catch the anons, while I was spamming all the non anons with private tells.

Something like /join shadowKnight
/Join cleric
Etc

All with positive msgs such as
"Great group in hole, smashing exp, need replacement and will pick you up asap, get to druid ring and send a tell!!"

If you are positive and motivated, they will come. Take lead druid bros

Even if they're level 50 in a top guild. Send the message don't be scared.

• 1Like
Early reports indicate that the reasoning for fallout was that their leader is a retard.

I am pretty sure that is a common theme in old Mississippi Delta blues tunes. Blind Lemon Jefferson is the earliest reference I can find, a blues from 1921, "My Leader is a Retard."

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
All with positive msgs such as
"Great group in hole, smashing exp, need replacement and will pick you up asap, get to druid ring and send a tell!!"

If you are positive and motivated, they will come. Take lead druid bro
I feel like every group that does this ends up being terrible

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users