Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So the problem with RMT beyond just being scumbag shit is that you tend to lose some of your best players when you hand them an item that makes their account worth $1000. Also, if I'm going to say we don't trust people with an item, I'm not going to award that item to myself (basic ethics). But it's just pixels, it's no big deal if we don't have some. There is also a certain thrill to just destroying all the loot, it's probably just because I'm like 3/4ths autist or something though.

Eh if it's just pixels then who cares? Also, not giving them a sleeper item isn't going to stop someone who was going to RMT from RMT'n anyways. Now they just have to wait a few extra raids for a bunch of NToV/Vulak/AoW loot anyways. So you're basically destroying items for no real reason. Not like you're going to destroy BoC's and monk legs n shit so destroying a fungi robe or any sleeper loot for that matter is borderline full autist.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
BoC and barb legs come from a mob that'll never be threatened with not spawning. You'll always have access. The rarity because ST loot can no longer drops add value. Value that makes it hard for a lot of folks to resist. But what do I know.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
BoC and barb legs come from a mob that'll never be threatened with not spawning. You'll always have access. The rarity because ST loot can no longer drops add value. Value that makes it hard for a lot of folks to resist. But what do I know.

I'm aware but items like BoC and barb legs/vulak loot etc are still very valuable and highly demanded items that will get RMT'd extensively. My point is that there is no stopping RMT'n whatsoever. It's a billion dollar industry for a reason. This meager attempt at hampering RMT by eliminating sleeper items seems pretty fucking retarded to me.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So the problem with RMT beyond just being scumbag shit is that you tend to lose some of your best players when you hand them an item that makes their account worth $1000. Also, if I'm going to say we don't trust people with an item, I'm not going to award that item to myself (basic ethics). But it's just pixels, it's no big deal if we don't have some. There is also a certain thrill to just destroying all the loot, it's probably just because I'm like 3/4ths autist or something though.

Thanks a lot you asshole, my Taco Bell shares just dropped 3 points today.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Meechie

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yesterday was a lot of fun too. Vulak down. Someone sell me non-monk account with shroud in inventory, paying 1k.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Man I am going to do a screenshot dump of all the people sending me death threats over this ST shit. It's hilarious.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do it. I'll add it to my upcoming Salt Digest in a special section.

We juked you guys so hard on PoG / Lord Yelinak, I think Zaide broke an ankle.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man I am going to do a screenshot dump of all the people sending me death threats over this ST shit. It's hilarious.

bfl.gif

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do it. I'll add it to my upcoming Salt Digest in a special section.

We juked you guys so hard on PoG / Lord Yelinak, I think Zaide broke an ankle.

It definitely sucked losing that ST key, but Tunare is a more valuable target overall.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not to change the subject but Brad replied to a tweet by Everquest regarding Velious opening on Agnarr. He mentioned the original box stated 5 continents even though there was only three at launch. I never realized all 5 continents were originally advertised.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
It's true though, sure ST items add much more value but lumi has a point that BOC, encrusted gloves, storm boots, monk wristband, barbarian legs, ring of lightning, white dragon helm/boots those are all still very valuable. u give a tank the full set of droppables he's worth as much as an SOD. still going to happen.

BOC was like 40kr last server, gloves 30kr, boots 35kr, monk wristband 20kr, monk legs/barb legs 35kr? ring was like 10-15kr.. I know prices on here are lower now but doubt much lower currently. SODs were like 800-1k usd. And yeah does seem silly to not use the shroud, sure it gives value but most of the monks that had shrouds t hat went for a lot of money.. ding ding ding also had nearly BIS velious gear so it's hard to know what a naked monk with just a shroud of longevity would go for.

MAYBE on a pop locked server these would maintain higher value than previous TLPs.

since all your plebs are still staring at the cave wall you might as well delete all droppable items, i see no reason to revolt for them.

and I dont raid nor did I ever intend to have a chance at any of these items, so not mad, just debating.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's true though, sure ST items add much more value but lumi has a point that BOC, encrusted gloves, storm boots, monk wristband, barbarian legs, ring of lightning, white dragon helm/boots those are all still very valuable. u give a tank the full set of droppables he's worth as much as an SOD. still going to happen.

BOC was like 40kr last server, gloves 30kr, boots 35kr, monk wristband 20kr, monk legs/barb legs 35kr? ring was like 10-15kr.. I know prices on here are lower now but doubt much lower currently. SODs were like 800-1k usd. And yeah does seem silly to not use the shroud, sure it gives value but most of the monks that had shrouds t hat went for a lot of money.. ding ding ding also had nearly BIS velious gear so it's hard to know what a naked monk with just a shroud of longevity would go for.

MAYBE on a pop locked server these would maintain higher value than previous TLPs.

since all your plebs are still staring at the cave wall you might as well delete all droppable items, i see no reason to revolt for them.

and I dont raid nor did I ever intend to have a chance at any of these items, so not mad, just debating.

I get that, the relative value may be similar at some points but for whatever reason it doesn't produce the same results. In Velious you might see 1-2 of your Warriors RMT out w/ a BoC if you're unlucky, but it seems like Tink Masks, SoDs etc are RMT'd more often by a very wide margin.

It's also not one dimensional, shitting on people who wanted to RMT ST loot is a lot of fun but there other other considerations too. I originally said it as a joke but then later felt compelled to actually do it, my officers also were surprisingly really big fans of the idea, and there was an element of thrill to the whole process I guess.

Really what it comes down to is that I'm not much of a loot guy, and this whole thing just made it more fun.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I get that, the relative value may be similar at some points but for whatever reason it doesn't produce the same results. In Velious you might see 1-2 of your Warriors RMT out w/ a BoC if you're unlucky, but it seems like Tink Masks, SoDs etc are RMT'd more often by a very wide margin.

It's also not one dimensional, shitting on people who wanted to RMT ST loot is a lot of fun but there other other considerations too. I originally said it as a joke but then later felt compelled to actually do it, my officers also were surprisingly really big fans of the idea, and there was an element of thrill to the whole process I guess.

Really what it comes down to is that I'm not much of a loot guy, and this whole thing just made it more fun.

I find it strange that you think RMT'n is massively scummy and yet you were advocating the helping of getting Theking unbanned when he got hit with the hammer and yet he was arguably the worst kind of RMT'er. Where as I make all my RMT from converting krono to plat and flipping items and did not interfere with anybodies game play whatsoever, this dude aggressively hoarded camps with illegal botting practices and other shady shit and yet you seemed to be ok with it. Why the double standard?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I find it strange that you think RMT'n is massively scummy and yet you were advocating the helping of getting Theking unbanned when he got hit with the hammer and yet he was arguably the worst kind of RMT'er. Where as I make all my RMT from converting krono to plat and flipping items and did not interfere with anybodies game play whatsoever, this dude aggressively hoarded camps with illegal botting practices and other shady shit and yet you seemed to be ok with it. Why the double standard?
I don't think Theking was an RMTer. I've known him for 6+ years and he has consistently said that he does not RMT, and he has never been shy about any topic.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't think Theking was an RMTer. I've known him for 6+ years and he has consistently said that he does not RMT, and he has never been shy about any topic.

Weird. Why the fuck would he have 24 accounts and aggressively hoard runnyeye n shit lol? Legit makes no sense. I mean I know some people are fucking strange but that's a hard one to wrap my head around.