Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Weird. Why the fuck would he have 24 accounts and aggressively hoard runnyeye n shit lol? Legit makes no sense. I mean I know some people are fucking strange but that's a hard one to wrap my head around.
He really enjoyed controlling server economies. Theking is the former DKP Officer from Assent, very smart dude. He'd use his massive krono horde to invest in tradeskills and dominate economies on server launch. He always did JC and Pottery etc. Then he'd make tons of krono on golden idols.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The whole economy of EQ is like a game within a game. I don't understand how people can camp over and over for just items to sell.

I guess I don't have the patience/ knowledge of it. I tried to camp jail the other day for the idol( an item IH3 I actually need) and after the 4th hour I was just getting angry and so tired. Then a dude was looking for a rez 2 zones away, I was like. "I'll go, I don't care if you are level 30, u are getting 96% rez.. no port necesary.. Ill run there."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
My biggest thrill in EQ has always been seeing rare named mobs spawn. Quillmane, AC, Bilge, fungi king, rare epic spawns....I know it's just a RNG pop w a different name attached to it. Seeing a RBG, ODS, SBC drop...

Anyways that's where most of my enjoyment comes from. That and power leveling to see characters get powerful quickly. Also enjoy showing up to random low lvl groups and buffing/pling a while

Not grouping, not raiding, not selling res/ports, definitely not spending time farming to make plat/krono. Just going to EC tunnel to sell shit that accumulates in my backpack takes a ton of motivation for me. I usually just say selling items, make decent offer, and sell it to the first offer asap.

Tradeskills aside from alchemy? Never again

I have over 100k plat in backpack. Zero interest in buying krono for inflation gains

Last edited:

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
It definitely sucked losing that ST key, but Tunare is a more valuable target overall.

No doubt. We were mostly just there to mine salt from Knights of Vallon Zek when we stream sniped their raid. Literally waited until they cleared PoG for us to try and go in to steal it. Soon as we saw you guys leave ToV, we started to redirect.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
No doubt. We were mostly just there to mine salt from Knights of Vallon Zek when we stream sniped their raid. Literally waited until they cleared PoG for us to try and go in to steal it. Soon as we saw you guys leave ToV, we started to redirect.

Oh god please tell me if was that Pantheist faggot.

Thats amazing.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wasn't watching the stream, but we had folks keeping an eye on it. Apparently they weren't happy with the streamer afterwards. Pretty stupid to Stream an OW fight of a contested mob in EverQuest.

Poruii

Trakanon Raider
We weren't worried about Truci coming to PoG, you guys had no where near the numbers we had. We only planned to do some armor farming before our scheduled raid time but if no one contested our try on Tunare, why not? We only left once FE came

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's true though, sure ST items add much more value but lumi has a point that BOC, encrusted gloves, storm boots, monk wristband, barbarian legs, ring of lightning, white dragon helm/boots those are all still very valuable. u give a tank the full set of droppables he's worth as much as an SOD. still going to happen.

BOC was like 40kr last server, gloves 30kr, boots 35kr, monk wristband 20kr, monk legs/barb legs 35kr? ring was like 10-15kr.. I know prices on here are lower now but doubt much lower currently. SODs were like 800-1k usd. And yeah does seem silly to not use the shroud, sure it gives value but most of the monks that had shrouds t hat went for a lot of money.. ding ding ding also had nearly BIS velious gear so it's hard to know what a naked monk with just a shroud of longevity would go for.

MAYBE on a pop locked server these would maintain higher value than previous TLPs.

since all your plebs are still staring at the cave wall you might as well delete all droppable items, i see no reason to revolt for them.

and I dont raid nor did I ever intend to have a chance at any of these items, so not mad, just debating.

People with these items get random offers for them. You are correct that an RMTer is gonna RMT anyway, but this escalates it. If you are a monk with an SOL where less than a handful exist, you will get random offers for your account. Same thing with an SOD.

You don't destroy the loot just because fuck RMTers. You destroy it because fuck RMTing in general. You doit because you don't want that monk who helps your guild, who is actually some dude making 45k/yr before paying alimony, to get a tell from some random fuck offering 2 grand for his account because he has one of the only 2 SOLs on agnarr.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
We weren't worried about Truci coming to PoG, you guys had no where near the numbers we had. We only planned to do some armor farming before our scheduled raid time but if no one contested our try on Tunare, why not? We only left once FE came
I was there watching your dps and parsing it and trying to guesstimate vs what we could bring. It was gonna be close and if you had charmed pets we couldn't dispel properly we would have lost. But either way a dps race was gonna be fun and well worth the time.

Also your pullers are not very good. They need to watch FEs monks/bards sometimes.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I never understood or respected the "race" in EQ.

Since we are gamers let's use this analogy.

Say you're first in line for an exclusive gaming system coming out. You prepared and waited.
At release, an angry mob shows up last minute and fights you for the system...

There is a sizable portion of the population who would be a decent human being and wait in line...

I know this doesn't resonate with many here and that's cool. I just never felt right about that aspect of EQ.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I never understood or respected the "race" in EQ.

Since we are gamers let's use this analogy.

Say you're first in line for an exclusive gaming system coming out. You prepared and waited.
At release, an angry mob shows up last minute and fights you for the system...

There is a sizable portion of the population who would be a decent human being and wait in line...

I know this doesn't resonate with many here and that's cool. I just never felt right about that aspect of EQ.
I understand the decision from FE to wake the sleeper just merely for the sake of "we are here to beat content and it's on the list".

I also completely understand the people annoyed that they don't ever get to see all of it before waking.

This isn't on the guild, this is on DBG. Make the items no trade and see the problem lessen.

RMT is about quantity and never about quality. Yes a single SoD could get $1k but considerably less effort would be a few lodi shield or maybe some CoF's and other droppable items (I don't keep up on anything economy related at all). A single RMT might hurt a guild but if you couldn't trust them with an SoD how did you trust them with double cobalt, a CoF, an AoN, or how can you trust them with nodrop loot from Vulak? MQable tears from Dozekar? Etc etc... basically you are saying that you trust your guildies with $1-$2k worth in their account but only if it's the whole account and not a single item. If they are going to be disloyal and sell off raid loot they are going to do that with their whole account just as easily as a single item. You are still going to lose them.

• 2Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Agreed.

I believe my only concern is guild members being unhappy so and so got the ST item and they didn't, so they quit and their loyal friends quit too. Seen it before, basically every ST awakening.

Avoiding that alone is worth waking him asap and get it over with. The rmt part is insignificant to me.

You've got a highly efficient company (HEB), who cares what Walmart and Kroger, etc do(other guilds and players)You've got to protect your company going forward.

This doesn't shield you from other items resulting in RMT and losing members, but this was the only rmt/company issue you could control.

It was going to be awake in less than 7 days from velious opening. Blame DBG, definitely not the player base. And everyone had to know this would happen when they came here. It is a known fact you agree to when you pop that level 1 into the world

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I understand the decision from FE to wake the sleeper just merely for the sake of "we are here to beat content and it's on the list".

I also completely understand the people annoyed that they don't ever get to see all of it before waking.

This isn't on the guild, this is on DBG. Make the items no trade and see the problem lessen.

RMT is about quantity and never about quality. Yes a single SoD could get $1k but considerably less effort would be a few lodi shield or maybe some CoF's and other droppable items (I don't keep up on anything economy related at all). A single RMT might hurt a guild but if you couldn't trust them with an SoD how did you trust them with double cobalt, a CoF, an AoN, or how can you trust them with nodrop loot from Vulak? MQable tears from Dozekar? Etc etc... basically you are saying that you trust your guildies with $1-$2k worth in their account but only if it's the whole account and not a single item. If they are going to be disloyal and sell off raid loot they are going to do that with their whole account just as easily as a single item. You are still going to lose them.

Agree with all of this. I don't think it had much to do with rmt and people just threw that reasoning around to justify it. Cofs and bcgs at classic launch were going for a pretty penny, but werent getting deleted.

The same members that were denied the deleted loot have enough dkp to win multiple vulak and doze loots then turn around and do the same thing if they wanted. With that being said, after spending a substantial amount of time with these people over the last six months I'd be very, very surprised if any of the core members did something like that. Maybe I'm just too trusting.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Agree with all of this. I don't think it had much to do with rmt and people just threw that reasoning around to justify it. Cofs and bcgs at classic launch were going for a pretty penny, but werent getting deleted.

The same members that were denied the deleted loot have enough dkp to win multiple vulak and doze loots then turn around and do the same thing if they wanted. With that being said, after spending a substantial amount of time with these people over the last six months I'd be very, very surprised if any of the core members did something like that. Maybe I'm just too trusting.
Right so they could have been given tradeable or nodrop loot that is worth a lot for the first clear. Waking him immediately I am 100% for, giving loot out to people that can't use it or deleting it was not something I felt was necessary.

Depending how a guild selects the recipients for their first ST keys will help alleviate the trust issue on the first drops.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean that sounds logical and how you would think it would work out. But for some reason with ST loot people are far more tempted to RMT. Don't ask why. Maybe its the era or just the rarity, dunno. The monk could of sold his account long before shroud(not sure it would ever get to the 1-2k you see for shroud monks) but they never did, but suddenly get a shroud and can't help themselves. Same with SoDs/Masks.

Only real hope is to have DBG do something, or somehow win the lottery and you can trust en entire server to never kill all 4 warders.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I mean that sounds logical and how you would think it would work out. But for some reason with ST loot people are far more tempted to RMT. Don't ask why. Maybe its the era or just the rarity, dunno. The monk could of sold his account long before shroud(not sure it would ever get to the 1-2k you see for shroud monks) but they never did, but suddenly get a shroud and can't help themselves. Same with SoDs/Masks.

Only real hope is to have DBG do something, or somehow win the lottery and you can trust en entire server to never kill all 4 warders.
Yeah and that does make sense, I am just saying how I see the logic playing out in my head. Logic doesn't always dictate reality though.

Doesn't change my stance on waking him. He needs to be woken by the guild that wants the most fame and credit, that guild is FE.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
they are superstars now.

cropped-kidstars1.jpg

• 2Like