When can we expect EQ battle royale?

Thanks.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
And why do they do bonus exp on holidays when normal humans with families have to do shit OTHER than play EQ?

Would be nice to see some % of the bonus weekends be when regular ppl can no life.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is the server Fippy Darkpaw still running when those resources could be allocated to something else? It is 9:20am CST and I am logged into Fippy. I am the only one online on the entire server. Shoot, it could be repurposed as a team PVP Kunark or Velious locked server and have a larger population. Or anything really.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
  • Why has the EverQuest IP been left to fade away into oblivion?

• Now that Blizzard is showing cracks in the armor, and the MMO space is super-dry, how about you announce right here that EQ3 is in production?

• Why isn't the EQ franchise being capitalized on, like Blizzard has done with their IPs. So much potential, memorable characters, themes, lands, etc. I loved the EQ world up until the aliens showed up(GOD/OOW). Sad to see a world I spent a good portion of my young adult life in go to waste.

• Landmark seems like a huge setback (time & financially). I spent a good chunk of time "building" in that world, but once I realized it was overtaking EQ3 production completely, I abandoned it. My drive at the time was the hope of watching EQ3 be built. Is there any regret/animosity toward going the Landmark/Voxel direction?

• Do you agree games today need "emergent gameplay". Handcrafted content is eaten up too quickly. Other than adding PvP (or voxels), what do you believe an MMO can do to add emergent gameplay, yet keep the MMO feel. I feel like this is the big billion $ question that devs must wrestle with before building the next MMO.

• Or are traditional MMOs too outdated, too expensive to build, not esport-friendly, and thus unlikely to reclaim their former glory?
I don't expect much to these questions but they are the things I question most whenever I think about EQ. In 5 years I spent over 365 days of /played in EQ and it's still my fondest gaming memory. Literally 20% of that 5-year time span in your game world. I also feel like MMOs are dead and would need something very revolutionary to compete with the competitive-esport-stream-friendly games that exist today.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is holly associated with (answering questions about) EQ1 and EQ2, or only EQ1?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Is holly associated with (answering questions about) EQ1 and EQ2, or only EQ1?
She's executive producer for the EQ franchise, so I imagine anything EQ related.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, that's what I thought.

So far the only EQ questions I can come up with are related to office drama.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Dear Holly,

So i'm playing on Mangler, single boxing, pretending it's 1999. I'm playing a Ranger and i've been camping Quillmane. After considerable effort and time, i get Quillmane to spawn. I manage to track it and engage it first. I get it down to 50% and then a 6 boxer rolls in, charms it and tries to steal it away. I manage one dispell of the charm, but not a second as the boxer is running a bard in his group. He then proceeds to run it away out of range, drops the charm and kills it.

How is this not an illigitimate action? Why has this game turned into an absolute cesspool, easily worse than the WoW EMU scene?

• 1Rustled

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hi Holly, thanks for doing this!

1. What is your favorite EQ expansion?
2. What is your favorite EQ questline?
3. What is your favorite EQ class?
4. What is your favorite EQ zone?
5. What is your favorite EQ music track?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Have you considered adding a pet character sheet so that you can see your pet's equipped items and relevant stats?

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Will u build a wall around Freeport to keep dark people out?

• 2Picard
  • 1Repost
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Lol, he implied elves are PEOPLE!

Did u know that despite erudites Makin up only 13% of the population of norrath they account for 50% of all crime? I wanna know what Holly gone do bout dat

• 2Worf
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Another question.
Is there a way of summarizing in a screen all the Items focus that we have equipped so we don't have to go item by item looking to see if we have cleave 3?
For example, the other day I got a Last blood, and in order to see what i was missing i had to click every inventory slot and make a spread sheet of it
Helm: Faerune.
Legs: Magic DD 40%
Range: Dodge mod
Shield: Bash Mod
Back : Detrimental Range 30%

This can go a long way for improving QoL.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Since there have been some rumors going around it, Is there another EQ game in development (other than the Nantworks stuff) by DBG?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
1. How much of EQ: Next was real and how much of it was smoke and mirrors? Why was the lion so derpy?

2. Since you were working back at SoE in 2003 on LDoN and GoD did anyone on the team realize the major tuning issues at the time? Since this was also the period in which WoW was released was if any reaction were there at SoE to the mass exodus of players?

3. Over the years many members of this board and the community in general have expressed the desire to see EQ simply re-released with better graphics and gameplay, any interest from the studio in EQ: Remastered? This popped up on your forums a few years ago but still get's people excited just from the idea.

An alternate solution. A state of the art EQ1 experience | EverQuest Forums

HK-Interior_zpsnrpixijw.jpg

4. With such an iconic IP will we ever see EQ3?

eqnext_rrr_img_128295-660x371.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.