Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I think its interesting the added that lore thing to the recover tab, thats lame!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think its interesting the added that lore thing to the recover tab, thats lame!

Does that mean what I think it does? Sounds like it was able to effectively dupe stuff like evolving items and other things that share lore groups?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oooo thats a nice QoL change: Many UI features are no longer expansion restricted, including but not limited to: clicking items from bags, bandolier, blocking spells, and the quest journal

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I have mixed experiences with these. I'll roll a group friendly character, and sometimes get in a few awesome groups on the journey to level cap. But more often than not I run into boxed groups that don't want to let people in, or other people just being general asshats, KSing mobs, training, just existing only to create hate or drama.

When it works as intended with social grouping, guilds etc it's awesome. But I swear the ratio of autistic to friendly people is just getting worse.

*EDIT

Also looks like they fixed the fire pet, sorry to anyone who was going to roll mage because of it :p

- Fixed a bug that caused low level fire pets to cast an incorrect spell in eras prior to Planes of Power.
My biggest complaint with pug'in is the groups that run like dog shit if you dont pull, cc, and tank for them. The best part of eq is going full autist on being as efficient as possible. Pugs will never be that of course, but some of these people are fucking brutal to play with. It's keep up with the big boys or stay home for me in TLP land.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Does that mean what I think it does? Sounds like it was able to effectively dupe stuff like evolving items and other things that share lore groups?

no idea but people that farm stuff like hiero cloaks could destroy multiple then reclaim then later so you didnt have to go to town. one of my friends has 300 prenerf COS on agnarr in his reclaim, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think of bad groups as a difficulty level. Easy is a guild group, medium is a typical pug. Hard is 2 smokers, a babysitter, and a couple stoners.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

I think of bad groups as a difficulty level. Easy is a guild group, medium is a typical pug. Hard is 2 smokers, a babysitter, and a couple stoners.

I'm guessing NG+ Hard Mode is the masturbater, the FAAK and what else?

Vaclav

no idea but people that farm stuff like hiero cloaks could destroy multiple then reclaim then later so you didnt have to go to town. one of my friends has 300 prenerf COS on agnarr in his reclaim, lol.

Ah, yea I guess there were those cases - never been a big farming for plat person so if I filled my boxes I'd just let some random guildee or even a random person in zone loot it - so not the first version that comes to mind.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Maybe they'll implement a graveyard TLP server where you can transfer the toons you left for dead on other TLPs. In the era you left them in of course.

• 1Worf

Eonan

Doer of Things
During the Lockjaw TLP I'd regularly drop characters from my box set to let people group with me, I always preferred the company while still being able to function even if they were useless. The few "groups" that I did solo were usually just awful and couldn't clear stuff as fast as I could with my little 6-box crew anyways.

I'd do this TLP if they decided to do something actually fun with the mechanics, like introduce Beastlords/Berserkers as part of the initial start. I imagine this takes a shitload of work to accomplish, so am not surprised they aren't doing it, just don't see the point in grinding through Classic + Kunark for the millionth time.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
During the Lockjaw TLP I'd regularly drop characters from my box set to let people group with me, I always preferred the company while still being able to function even if they were useless. The few "groups" that I did solo were usually just awful and couldn't clear stuff as fast as I could with my little 6-box crew anyways.

I'd do this TLP if they decided to do something actually fun with the mechanics, like introduce Beastlords/Berserkers as part of the initial start. I imagine this takes a shitload of work to accomplish, so am not surprised they aren't doing it, just don't see the point in grinding through Classic + Kunark for the millionth time.

Bring my cleric along bro.

I got heals and feels.

sukik

I don't remember having any problems during the initial rush on Phinny, but coming a couple months late into Agnarr it felt like we were struck with the dregs. Not everyone was bad, in fact we met some fantastic players, but in Seb we found three of the worst enchanters I've ever grouped with and a DPS only druid that gave her ODS to a charm pet so she could roll on the one that dropped. I thought I'd seen it all, but there's always someone special waiting around the corner to prove me wrong. I missed the intial rush on Agnarr and took a year a half off, so I'm kinda looking forward to the Coirnav rush. But I wish they'd waited til after Agnarr ran it's course.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Zaide Zaide Any Chance of you guys doing Emp today or tomorrow? We got fucked out of kill with the server crash and we got like 3 people left who need planar rifts.

Any chance they could tag along to loot one if you got rots?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My biggest complaint with pug'in is the groups that run like dog shit if you dont pull, cc, and tank for them. The best part of eq is going full autist on being as efficient as possible. Pugs will never be that of course, but some of these people are fucking brutal to play with. It's keep up with the big boys or stay home for me in TLP land.

Sounds like I need to roll a bard this time then! /hides

• 1Solidarity

Evernothing

a DPS only druid that gave her ODS to a charm pet so she could roll on the one that dropped.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users