Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, there was a weird lag in stuff that caught up later - curious how "overpayment" like that will end up working out. I saw that happen with a krono I ate for the illusion.

That's the thing, I don't see them forcing anyone to add station cash to their account to pay for the stuff lol. We're 2 days in to the server now and all the people I know that used it has not been charged a single thing or even had the original DB cash deducted.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Made the run to unrest as DE...like 15 pickzones open for it

There was a point where Unrest on Agnarr had like 80 pickzones. I didn't level in Unrest but I remember everyone going wild and seeing people grinding in Unrest80 in the guild tool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the thing, I don't see them forcing anyone to add station cash to their account to pay for the stuff lol. We're 2 days in to the server now and all the people I know that used it has not been charged a single thing or even had the original DB cash deducted.

Yea, part of why I'm curious - I have zero idea how it'll resolve.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's early and this is going to be controversial but I am declaring Coirnav stillborn. The exp, even during the holiday, is mediocre. It's day two and a Saturday and newbie zones have a fraction of the numbers that LJ, RF, Phinny, and even Agnarr commanded. The representation of mage crews in relation to the player base is very high. Class representation is even more heavily skewed towards specific casters than on previous TLPs.

Of course DBG didn't have any forethought at all. Even if you're cool with the slow exp, who really wants to do classic & kunark again? Especially for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time?

Slow experience sucks. Just accelerate the fuck out of XP, let us burn through some alts. I'll buy the pots anyways if it means I can spend even less time leveling.

• 1Solidarity

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I just finished bringing the Troll Shaman to 8 ... last night I leveled my Human Druid to 8.

Today's story is brought to you by "Holyjesus" ... another Troll Shaman whom I befriended in the Innothule swamp. Jesus and I rounded out our group with two mages, a wizard, and an occasional Shadow Knight. Guk here we come!

I have never played Guk, but Jesus said he "sort of" remembered the zone from ten years ago. If you are not familiar with Guk, it's a glorious train wreck of dead newbs and approximately a billion fukkin frogloks.

/hidecorpse all

We make our way through the carnage to a small ledge near crocodiles and large black widow spiders. Unknown to me ... Jesus starts single pulling spiders away from an opposing group of players. Queue ensuing rage taunts in OOC, where Jesus is trying to explain to them that they must "share." The negotiations did not go well ... our group got trained by a horde of spiders. Even Jesus lost his cool and defiantly announced to everyone ... across all picks ... that they could " ... lick his butt hole." He camped a few minutes later.

I love this game.

• 7Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just fired up a human Bard in Qeynos. Something new for a change.

Hit a Wakandan up with an invite.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hahaha reaching in to the hat and pulling out the lick my butthole statement...a perfect short and sweet notice that he has lost it

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Of course DBG didn't have any forethought at all. Even if you're cool with the slow exp, who really wants to do classic & kunark again? Especially for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time?

Slow experience sucks. Just accelerate the fuck out of XP, let us burn through some alts. I'll buy the pots anyways if it means I can spend even less time leveling.

I would like one of these servers to be ordered in such a way that people felt like they could pick most anything at launch and still progress at a worthwhile speed. The highly competitive nature of the last few of these servers has resulted in basically every trick or tactic getting exploited on a massive scale and then patched out of the game until basically all we're left with are groups that utilize 3+ Magicians and/or Charm.

That's it. That's all we've got left. If you are taking advantage of those things or in a group that is taking advantage of those things than you're leveling fine. If you aren't than leveling is a massive chore. Most classes don't fit into that framework. The leveling speed of highly coordinated groups and/or botters sets the standard by which everyone is graded. I think a TLP with instanced raiding as well as a gentle time requirement for leveling (and retooled quest exp) would be incredibly popular. People love making alts and twinking them out so cater to that. I think Daybreak learned a bunch of wrong lessons from Phinny and I think Coirnav is going to demonstrate that. Even the Daybreak forums are barely talking about the server at all, positive or negative.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Please let this server be a flop so they might actually consider something new and exciting

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There was a point where Unrest on Agnarr had like 80 pickzones. I didn't level in Unrest but I remember everyone going wild and seeing people grinding in Unrest80 in the guild tool.
Unrest80 doesn't actually mean that there's 80 pickzones up. Not sure how the numbering works but it doesn't always just go in order from 1 to whatever.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unrest80 doesn't actually mean that there's 80 pickzones up. Not sure how the numbering works but it doesn't always just go in order from 1 to whatever.

From what I've seen shortly after a reset - it does go 2-3-4-5-6 etc - just when 2 closes and another opens it just skips ahead.

Sterling

El Presidente
From what I've seen shortly after a reset - it does go 2-3-4-5-6 etc - just when 2 closes and another opens it just skips ahead.
Sure, I was just saying that people being in unrest80 doesn't mean that there's 80 picks up.

• 1Like

Cwalk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
View attachment 163166
What is this blank window that won't close?

Right click the top of the window and make sure "Lock Window" doesn't have a * next to it. (Thus unlocking the window)
Next, right click the window again and select "ESC to Close"
Then left click on the top of the window, hit your ESC key. Poof.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users