Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last night till early AM it sure seemed dead, when I woke up today there was 4 general channels full.

No fucking clue on what population really is though?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's early and this is going to be controversial but I am declaring Coirnav stillborn. The exp, even during the holiday, is mediocre. It's day two and a Saturday and newbie zones have a fraction of the numbers that LJ, RF, Phinny, and even Agnarr commanded. The representation of mage crews in relation to the player base is very high. Class representation is even more heavily skewed towards specific casters than on previous TLPs.

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's early and this is going to be controversial but I am declaring Coirnav stillborn. The exp, even during the holiday, is mediocre. It's day two and a Saturday and newbie zones have a fraction of the numbers that LJ, RF, Phinny, and even Agnarr commanded. The representation of mage crews in relation to the player base is very high. Class representation is even more heavily skewed towards specific casters than on previous TLPs.

I'm leaning nostalgia isn't enough sometimes.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm planning to stick around and see how it goes as I would like to play through luclin-oow at least and I missed it on phinny.

That being said they for sure should have added something unique to this server. All live class and race options would have been good enough for me tbh. Let me be a zerker in classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All I saw was enchanters and bards in my noob zone lol. Maybe a few necro. Oh and 1 warrior.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like I'm leveling on a TLP that's been out for a couple months. I'm literally the only person in the zone I'm leveling in right now and my box crew is only middle of the pack in terms of levels compared to other people.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Outside of a_skeleton_02 playing with new models and SGT slate being trained on some ogres we don’t have any big dramaz.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well let's not forget that for the first 2 hours, you got everything in the DB store for free, allowing groups to buy infinite stacks of pots.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't hear about that, did something glitch?

The first character I made started with triple newbie items (three bags, three lanterns, three newbie notes, etc). If that was happening I could see people getting extra shit out of the store. If people could have just straight bought infinite pots I think they would have restarted the whole thing.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Experience in outdoor zones noticeably better? I've been following the normal path but wouldnt mind taking a detour to the karanas or whatever if they worthwhile

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't hear about that, did something glitch?
The first character I made started with triple newbie items (three bags, three lanterns, three newbie notes, etc). If that was happening I could see people getting extra shit out of the store. If people could have just straight bought infinite pots I think they would have restarted the whole thing.

There was a post on the DB forums about it that was quickly taken down. I was suspecting something retroactive for those that took advantage of it but nothing has happened yet. I don't see how DB could do anything about it short of restarting the server in the first hour since it really wasn't an exploit like claimgate that would lead to suspensions, and I guess they decided not to restart.

Basically for the first couple hours, anything you bought in the store wasn't charging you. You still had to have enough DB cash to hit the buy button on the item you selected, but it didn't deduct any station cash. I know several groups that bought 20+ group exp pots, sow pots, clarity pots, race changes etc and still have yet to be charged anything.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There was a post on the DB forums about it that was quickly taken down. I was suspecting something retroactive for those that took advantage of it but nothing has happened yet. I don't see how DB could do anything about it short of restarting the server in the first hour since it really wasn't an exploit like claimgate that would lead to suspensions, and I guess they decided not to restart.

Basically for the first couple hours, anything you bought in the store wasn't charging you. You still had to have enough DB cash to hit the buy button on the item you selected, but it didn't deduct any station cash. I know several groups that bought 20+ group exp pots, sow pots, clarity pots, race changes etc and still have yet to be charged anything.

Yea, there was a weird lag in stuff that caught up later - curious how "overpayment" like that will end up working out. I saw that happen with a krono I ate for the illusion.