Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
did this quickly. may have missed a few things but here ya go. Cupie’s List of Necro Spells in Classic
Good guide, as I think I'm going necro again on this one! Haven't done that since playing on Vulak so will be pretty nice.

Edit: Buddy bought a cheap desktop for this so he could box, and it's giving him DirectX errors anytime he tries launching EQ. He's reinstalled, and he tells me that he's tried everything. Anyone else have this happen and find a fix?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I passed out after food & ale. I only made it to level 3 but I did the qeynos to freeport run.

Denjoy

Molten Core Raider
Edit: Buddy bought a cheap desktop for this so he could box, and it's giving him DirectX errors anytime he tries launching EQ. He's reinstalled, and he tells me that he's tried everything. Anyone else have this happen and find a fix?

I think you need to install an older version of DirectX (DirectX 9.0c) to run EQ.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So the bandolier works? I've never used it before. It doesn't seem to do anything.

The befallen locked door on the first little area isn't locked anymore. Not sure where I'll practice lockpickery now.

Last edited:

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
The lack of big egos unable to resist posting their shitlording stories has me worried about this server

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Ragefire, phinny, then agnarr.... I had a good run eq thanks for the memories. I think shitlording around agnarr will be my retirement home until pantheon hopefully comes one day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, it's killing me not playing lol. Literally loaded up some random dude streaming an enchanter in guk on my 3rd monitor while I work this morning.

On a side note like someone mentioned earlier in this thread it would be neat as hell if they could somehow code a level lock system in place. Launch one of these things with like everything through velious open, maybe get rid of the MotM stuff and cap level at 46 and let the level cap go up one level every 2-4 weeks or something. Would be an interesting dynamic to see how far you could push it at earlier levels while also setting a pace that casuals can keep up with neckbeards to an extent as far as the leveling curve itself goes.

• 1Barf

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone needs a warrior, send Ezam a tell.

Grinding slowly but surely

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wazzdis.png

What is this blank window that won't close?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
View attachment 163166
What is this blank window that won't close?

That's the ad window. Periodically Daybreak shows ads you have to watch before they let you cast spells/do abilities. I think they have it turned off during the XP weekend but it will be back soon.

It sucks sometimes during groups and raids when your healer gets it or the enchanter has a pet break during the ad but it's the cost of doing business I guess.

I hate it when they play the directTV ad twice in a row though I can't stand arrested development.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dreaderus

Trakanon Raider
Does this end up being fun? having not played in 12+ years do you log in and suddenly remissness or is it boring within a few minutes :)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's the ad window. Periodically Daybreak shows ads you have to watch before they let you cast spells/do abilities. I think they have it turned off during the XP weekend but it will be back soon.

It sucks sometimes during groups and raids when your healer gets it or the enchanter has a pet break during the ad but it's the cost of doing business I guess.

I hate it when they play the directTV ad twice in a row though I can't stand arrested development.

Why do they play ads in prog servers if you already subbed and paying?

• 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, I was gonna say, having played EQ off and on for years, I never got any ads other than "HEY SUBSCRIBE, FUCKER!" when playing F2P.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had to stop and take a break. Very large headache. I doubt it has anything to do with EQ but I blame EQ.