Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna pass on this one, at least until I'm tired of PoP.

I do want to experience post PoP content, so maybe ill just wait until luclin and pop unlocks on this server and then move to it ( a year from it). I really hope they allow me to character copy.

Zaide Zaide maybe we can move as a guild and keep going up the expansion chain.

m0ve

Trakanon Raider
I doubt they'll allow transfers from a fast leveling server to a slow leveling one...

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm such a fucking sucker for this game. I made it to 45 in the first like 48 hours on Agnarr, killed Vox, then basically quit. I have no doubt I'll end up doing the exact god damn thing this time. Prolly won't allow myself to no life the first week as hard this time, but I imagine I'll be in there. See you handsome pixel hoarding bastards in March.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
say no to phinigel exp rates

Without PL and no serious twinking my other half and we're closing in on 70 on Phin with like 3 weeks invested (and not even abusing notoriously high ZEM zones at that [and while I'm working 40 hr weeks + she's got around 10 hrs a week of PT & Docs! So not talking about no-lifing 24/7, and she's not been playing while I'm working besides chatting with folks). Sure, there's the GoD XP bump of the two bumps that won't be in play for Coirnav, but it's clearly quite a bit up from before.

I'd be curious where the numbers actually landed with the final pre-GoD Phin XP, because unless GoD was a MASSIVE bump it's really not too bad. Original Phin felt close to classic XP rate (with 18 yrs of dust on the memories admittedly), recently absolutely has not, it felt more similar to PoP era XP.

And we're both debating giving this a shot - it's coming out earlier than I anticipated, but we'd been musing the possibility. (I was expecting Mar 15-16th as an announcement date for "the next TLP" rather than launch)

Like so many of you I loathe how little content pre-Velious has, but at the same time knowing Agnarr locks with no sensible "evacuation plan" makes it unappealing as a serious time investment for me.

Probably still play on Phin though, but delay when we start raiding on Phin as a result. Hopefully in time to still experience Dreadspire though.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Since they named it Coirnav, the alternate rule set should have been flooding every dungeon/raid so that they're all under water fights!

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Maybe daybreak will realize before launch that the rulesets for this server are boring as hell and it'll flop unless they adjust it

Probably not though.

Vaclav

Maybe daybreak will realize before launch that the rulesets for this server are boring as hell and it'll flop unless they adjust it

Probably not though.

Phinigel struck gold once, I imagine they'd like to see if it repeats.

There was a dev quote saying it had some sort of insane population early on. (I want to say it was something ludicrous like it made up almost half of all logins for Classic/Kunark era on Phin - but too lazy to search it up)

And being that pop on Phin has stayed relatively steady, but not as insane - I think they want to lure those losses back for a second bite at the apple.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Phinigel struck gold once, I imagine they'd like to see if it repeats.

There was a dev quote saying it had some sort of insane population early on. (I want to say it was something ludicrous like it made up almost half of all logins for Classic/Kunark era on Phin - but too lazy to search it up)

And being that pop on Phin has stayed relatively steady, but not as insane - I think they want to lure those losses back for a second bite at the apple.

The only reason Phinny exploded in popularity is because it was the first instanced server dude. No one was raiding on our servers before that point while it was open world. Phinigel allowed everyone to experience raiding including finally poor Citizen / OGC.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
This server is going to be popular, every one has. It's a money maker, until it stops being they will rinse repeat. I am surprised they didnt wait until POP on agnarr but that tells me population dies off in luclin not pop like I thought. Phinigel is pretty dead I heard, at least from my krono farmer friends so its about time to catch those people for Coirnav.

DBG has always been predictable, I'm sure they'll start cracking down on krono movements again like they did prior to agnarr. Grab your heels ladies and gentlemen!

I do wish theyd make this one have corpse retrieval, that would make the servers so much more fun and worth competing for.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The only reason Phinny exploded in popularity is because it was the first instanced server dude. No one was raiding on our servers before that point while it was open world. Phinigel allowed everyone to experience raiding including finally poor Citizen / OGC.

This, and the majority of the people that i recall hated the amount of boxers that were on the other 2 servers lol

FV loot rules would be amazing, FV was the best

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

And Coirnav would be different how exactly? Part of Phin tapering is likely because of the fact that it's up to content that's already instanced.

Sure, people can do stuff terribly "out of date" but that's hardly the same thing to plenty of people.

We'll see, I don't expect it to be AS popular as Phin (I think that's never happening again - it was ludicrously so), some people will stick to Phin no doubt - but already from Phin players in less than a single day, without me even prompting the discussion - I've had a "Hey, so you guys going to check out Coirnav with me?" discussion from at least a dozen people, and mostly people that are killing Mayong.

Just because YOU don't see the appeal doesn't mean it won't be a hit - remember all those years of Live players laughing about what a terrible idea TLPs were because they were shortlived? But recently, even Agnarr's lesser appeal launch still did gangbusters and is holding onto a good population.

And I think they've got the data that TLP every other year and "event server" every other year does well for what they want - because they seem to be following a trend pretty close to that.

[Not that I wouldn't love to see some tweaking - like FV rules - but I don't expect the difference to be that astronomic in draw because of a tweaked ruleset]

Vaclav

I'm shocked they are not doing FV rules because FV rules=More Loot selling=More Krono buying.

Eh, as someone that was playing on FV for a month before I came back to TLPing, it doesn't seem that simple. FV economy actually throws alot of normal prices out of the window, yes - more individual items sell, but some stuff that's typically high because it's a great droppable ends up being gutter value because there's an item that would normally be NODROP that is far more common that blows it out of the water. I'm not sure if it actually generates any more $ flowing through the economy or if it just shifts it to a larger variety. [After all, FV has the highest krono to plat conversion rates doesn't it? Which would be LESS krono sales on a server with limited cash if it was similarly "higher than average" valued since less people would have the requisite PP]

I love the concept to FV loot simply from an efficiency standpoint - that 1 AC/5 HP upgrade that's a waste on me because it would be a 20 AC/100 HP upgrade on a newer member doesn't feel as shitty when I can just hand it back in to recycle it to another member.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
FV loot rules are god awful to manage at a guild level. It basically disencourage the mid tier raider, as the end tier guy will just sell and cash out.

For example at 30% raiding, I would never see any meaningful loot.
For example an 80 % raider can gear him self and have a healthy selling, before I see the item at my price range.

Math

out of a hundred dkp some one has 80, I have 30, so item drops, he spend 31, out of my range, gets the item. He is now down to 49DKP. Same item drops, If he is smart, he can just sell before hand/move to alt. Then get the item again, now the third time I finally get the item, and he is 21 DKP ahead of me.

Yeah no.

Also What do you do when your main tank shows up to the raid naked or in substandard gear because he sold everything?

Also, if you had a solid group of friends that raided together hand me downs gears is fucking awesome!!

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users