Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it only does 9 unless maybe you buy a higher package? not sure. I didn't buy the KVM package because KVM is slower than mouse activation imo. I only use it for 6 pc's but i like it because it's the fastest at mouse activation once you move the mouse to another pc, it's instant. It does have a broadcast feature to it but it will box code you.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for writing all that up! It sounds like you have a nice setup, and it's easier than 3 boxing manually for sure ;)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never actually paid for a sub since the first month I came to EQ on phinny. I've always used krono.

Boxing is all about how you set it up and the classes you run. Two boxing or 3 boxing can be more annoying than 6 or 12 boxing if you have a bad setup. I originally only 3 box'd and my setup at the time was terrible and annoying. I have 6 PC's, with a 6 monitor mount. I already had a lot of experience having to control dozens of pc's and monitors at the same time from working at a missile defense training base for a long time where my workstation alone had 42 monitors on a large U shape desk (18 in front, 18 behind, 6 to the side) and three 90inch mounted TV displays. You'd often have to control this entire workstation solo, at most you'd have 1 other person with you.

Basically how mine is set up is my main character is the bottom center monitor, with the 5 surrounding monitors as my boxes. They are all the same monitor size with very thin monitor frames so all of the screens touch as close as possible, making it look like just 1 giant monitor. I use a pay program, similar to synergy but 100x better, that allows you to control every PC from 1 mouse 1 keyboard instantly. All my boxes only have 2 in-game macro bars full of macros on their screen, everything else minimized. All of my macro's essentially play off my main character, as far as follow/assist/spell combo's etc, which is probably the most annoying part if anything ever happens to my main character or he isn't there, and is something I haven't quite figured out a better way around it. The reason I'm able to do everything so fast and make it appear as if I'm broadcasting by casting spells or doing actions on all 6 of my characters at the same time, is because how fast the program I use is. I basically just rotate my mouse in a counter-clock wise rotation around my monitors, basically like taking your cursor and making a really fast circle. For example when I want all boxes to /target atabishi /pause 3 /follow, I make a really fast circle while pressing the 1 button. For assist and send pets in, /assist atabishi /pause 3 /pet attack, fast circle while pressing 2. For spell combos it's the same thing. I just continuously make fast circles around my monitors while pressing 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc.

As far as if I really do decide to do 12, there is a way to do VM's that makes EQ think all of your VM's are individual mac computers. So even if a real GM comes to investigate you, it appears that all your boxes being ran on virtual machines are being played on individual iMac's. There's a button on the "synergy" program I use that will instantly switch all your pc's from it's main window, to the VM window. So you can easily switch between the two groups as if you are only 6 boxing.
qQ0RPsM.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nate

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it only does 9 unless maybe you buy a higher package? not sure. I didn't buy the KVM package because KVM is slower than mouse activation imo. I only use it for 6 pc's but i like it because it's the fastest at mouse activation once you move the mouse to another pc, it's instant. It does have a broadcast feature to it but it will box code you.

Were you the dude who was always solo aoe boxing the deep on phinny with a legion of mages?

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
I think most people are aware of Multiplicity. I use it and I just run two characters at once. It's pretty amazing, except I operate off wifi and occasionally my mouse gets "lost" at really inopportune moments.
Do you have the issue with Multiplicity when holding down right-click to look around the mouse just spins in circles really fast? I can't seem to fix it and I'm not sure if it's just an issue with me.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you have the issue with Multiplicity when holding down right-click to look around the mouse just spins in circles really fast? I can't seem to fix it and I'm not sure if it's just an issue with me.

It's been like a year since i set up my multiplicity, if i remember correctly that was an issue when i first downloaded it but there is a setting that fixes it. I can't remember exactly what it is though and I haven't redownloaded it since i wiped all my PC's and reformated so i can't look to see. There is definitely a fix to it though somewhere in the settings.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
This will be the first TLP I hard pass on. I quit a week before Kunark on Agnarr due to burnout and doing classic again with shit exp is not appealing at all.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
For synergy the fix for the wildly spinning is to hit scroll lock, but you have to hit it again to get out of the screen you are on.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As someone who treats EQ like EVE I hope enough of you play it and post the shenanigans. Not enough drama from other games these days.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
This will be the first TLP I hard pass on. I quit a week before Kunark on Agnarr due to burnout and doing classic again with shit exp is not appealing at all.
well xp rate on this is faster than agnarr

Sterling

El Presidente
It's the increased Phinny rate after the one patch. So not as slow as Phinny launch xp, but still significantly slower than Agnarr xp rate.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought it was Phini style?

It is, but it should start with the anniversary XP bonus running - Double pre-GoD Phini is faster than normal Agnarr.

All recent XP bonuses have started including TLP, so would be odd that they'd preclude Coirnav for a change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's a good catch. I don't know how much last year's exp bonus was but the one before that was 170% as it was the 17th anniversary.

Something along those lines would make it a little quicker than Agnarr. The second half of March would be enough time to level a character for the initial race and then level your real character without needing to punish yourself too badly.

Nullify

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how much last year's exp bonus was but the one before that was 170% as it was the 17th anniversary.

Pretty sure last year they broke with tradition for whatever reason and it was 150%. Either way, 2+ weeks of 150% or 180% to open the new server will make the initial grind much less painful.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pre-order those cases of Redline and depends today. That server release double xp won't last forever.

upload_2018-2-19_16-39-37.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users