Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
It seems they intended to remove them and some potions from pre luclin servers but didn't actually. A dev posted it's been fixed or will be.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
More monkery
EQ000753.jpg
EQ000761.jpg
EQ000762.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might be done here. The very slow xp grind is getting to me. Level 42 now and I can only take so much LGuk and Hole. I was begrudgingly logging in occasionally and grinding it away anyway, but today I used a race change potion to move my Origin bind over to Freeport. Apparently, there is a known bug that is deleting all spells in your spell book upon use. Instead of hotfixing it, they are waiting for this month's patch. You'd think they would remove the race change potion from the DB store, but no.

Their answer is:
The race change scroll not working as intended has been a known issue, and is currently being addressed. If you repurchase your spells, we will reimburse any plat spent once we've verified the amount in our logs.

So now I am supposed to waste hours of my time buying spells from all over the damn world. It's quite time consuming, even using shared bank and a level 1 mule plus the runs to Highkeep.

Thinking about it, I honestly just can't be bothered. Ideally, I want to run through xpacs that I have never seen before and the thought of the AA grind with this abysmal xp rate is enough for me to just call it quits now. Oh well, it was a fun / quick Classic nostalgia run.

As an aside, I think DBG would make an absolute killing making a reduced difficulty server. Lots of people just want to sight see and nostalgia trip. Make a server where all content can be handled with 2-3 groups. They would be tripping over their piles of money for people signing up for that. Not everyone wants to have raid schedules and rely on a few dozen+ people to see content these days.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
sorry to hear, saw that bug last week and their crappy reply. have you tried solb or oot for xp?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I
As an aside, I think DBG would make an absolute killing making a reduced difficulty server. Lots of people just want to sight see and nostalgia trip. Make a server where all content can be handled with 2-3 groups. They would be tripping over their piles of money for people signing up for that. Not everyone wants to have raid schedules and rely on a few dozen+ people to see content these days.

Coirnav and Agnarr are reduced difficulty servers.

Also goodbye.

• 1Worf

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Coirnav and Agnarr are reduced difficulty servers.

Also goodbye.

I simply meant for a real change of ruleset server. Coirnav is pretty weak on population. It's fine for peak hours, but good luck getting something together outside of that time. Never had this issue on Ragefire (assume not an issue on Agnarr either). I think the slow XP rate while offering nothing unique as a ruleset has doomed this server long term. That said, its all free $ for DBG so I am sure they don't care.

Make something new and exciting next TLP. That's all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, while I think these servers DO bring back some people, im sure most of the fresh meat are gone within a month otr two. The only ones that are left are people hopping from prog server to server, its the same peeps over and over again. They are diluting their own pool of players this way.

And I agree on a new ruleset. I would love one that launched with at least Kunark opened, call it the Kunark era progression, or I would even like one without the retarded 3 month waiting periods between expansions. It should be a month at best, maybe 6 weeks with boosed EXP, boost AA exp and they can fuck off with the solo nerfs. I get that they are trying to get people to group up and all that, but sometimes you just want to log on and solo some shit without retarded penalties. Grouping should always be better than solo anyway because of speed of killing. 4-6 weeks is enough and let people go hog wild. Whats the fucking purpose of a progression server when I have to wait 2 fucking years to see some of them post pop? SIX fucking years in all to see all of them? GTFO! I get that many of you basically swore off anything post PoP, but there were some good ones there like OOW, DoD,HoT, etc after they were fixed and balanced...

Eonan

Doer of Things
OoW raiding was amazing, even if I hated it thematically. Epic 2.0's are all relatively enjoyable.
DoDH was an amazing expansion, and the raids were top notch.
DoN was fun thematically, who doesn't enjoy an expansion full of fucking Dragons.

If you enjoy EQ and didn't do the last two, you missed out to be honest.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GOD and DODH have some of my favorite content and I repeatedly quit on servers well before getting there, because I burn out on the shit before it. Every single one of these after the first set saw the exact same zones get swamped, the exact same content monopolized, and each time they rehash the same classic-only starting point it only gets further refined.

We don't need more picks, and we don't need more bans of the rmt armies, although both of these are great. We want to level in nurga or grimling forest. We want to fight shit like vindi and rumblecrush before we are 60 and geared.

Fuck classic leveling, fuck efreeti loot price cartels and people bitching about undersellers, and fuck long delays. CLEARLY people will come back for decent (not coirnav) iterations, so why try to stall people into it? More options and faster access please, and if it means people "finish" faster? So what? They come back for the next TLP!

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
GOD and DODH have some of my favorite content and I repeatedly quit on servers well before getting there, because I burn out on the shit before it. Every single one of these after the first set saw the exact same zones get swamped, the exact same content monopolized, and each time they rehash the same classic-only starting point it only gets further refined.

We don't need more picks, and we don't need more bans of the rmt armies, although both of these are great. We want to level in nurga or grimling forest. We want to fight shit like vindi and rumblecrush before we are 60 and geared.

Fuck classic leveling, fuck efreeti loot price cartels and people bitching about undersellers, and fuck long delays. CLEARLY people will come back for decent (not coirnav) iterations, so why try to stall people into it? More options and faster access please, and if it means people "finish" faster? So what? They come back for the next TLP!

Jsut think, only 2 1/2 months left of vanilla!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jsut think, only 2 1/2 months left of vanilla!

I wouldn't be shocked at all if this server gets stuck on ARo or Lethar. Unless they do unlocks regardless of victory, I would assume it never passes 85.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yerm I still really love your idea of releasing classic + kunark + velious + luclin but with a time locked level cap.

I'd like that + halved or quartered lockout timers, and something DBG would love: Pay 100 daybreak monopoly money to create a private instance of any zone for your group / raid / self that behaves like a regular pick.

Want a fbss without all the pick sniping? Pony up 100 and camp it, while pulling whatever else you want. It's your zone! Want some golden shoes? Go camp djarn. No need for training or bullying or watching that "I'm just picking over in a sec" necro. Just fight the monsters, not the farmers.

Hopefully this would trash the monopolized farming stuff and any money that would ordinarily go to farming slime would go to the people running the game. Cut that off and maybe the server will be just ordinary people playing the game?

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Jysin... I think of it like a marathon. Aye, the super pros ( or freaks ) gonna get there before, but I go at my own pace and WILL get there, whatever 'there' may be. If I wanted to I could have gotten or bought slots for event 50% potions, pre-formed optimal groups and never strayed from the best leveling path. My bro wants to play ranger? Fuck off, go ENC or CLR and box some NEC/MAG dps. A different friend has never been to Mistmoore before and wants to check it out in classic? Fuck off, the travel time alone is half a level, go 'check it out' at 50 and do something useful like camp a HBC.

IMHO, if I don't wanna invest the way those guys do, I won't allow myself to be butthurt when they leave me in the dust. A few more spread out grind sessions and you can be raiding, then it's gravy. Big deal, I will have missed TWO ENTIRE WEEKS of amazeballs Phinny/dragon/PoSky content cuz I am 41 and not 50. A boo boo boo, I only get to fist fuck bees on a floating pixel island for TWO months instead of THREEeeeeeee.

Reduced difficulty? I believe stuff like defensive skills being higher and foci on these TLPs already makes everything MUCH easier, I have little else to say in that regard.

My goal this TLP is to rock some melee cuz I never had before and settled on monk. I'm finding it fun and almost even intimidating cuz with NO experience pulling there is all sorts of cool shit to learn the hard way; Say how Archmage and his asshole friends add when you bring shit around the corner. Or that you aren't ''supposed'' to pull lord to frenzy. Or that crusader is a caring lover and WILL remember to return the reach around, even if you're way back at the zone in.

Think I am about half way to 42 and here are a bunch of screenies of me playing at my pace,
crushbone graveyard.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kiting specs, guess how it was? Fucking thing sucked. But god I love killing those nasty pieces of shit. Hur dur, how'd he get there? and don't worry about the XP, it claims everyone, even the almighty loses some xps from time to time. Giant anus, eternally satisfying. First fatty dead. He had 2 gold on him. TRUE EVERQUEST EXPERIENCE.
kiting specs, haha it sucked.jpg

hurdur.png

tlp claims all.jpg

giant anus.png

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be shocked at all if this server gets stuck on ARo or Lethar. Unless they do unlocks regardless of victory, I would assume it never passes 85.

pretty sure they are doing unlocks regardless of victory