Everquest Confessions

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Shame that modern MMOs lack unique GM run events.

View attachment 436593

That's probably because any modern MMOs that have events would probably have Twitch streamers chasing the content and their armies of 20,000 people in one location.

Imagine the EQ BOTB, but every single Asmongold stalker is also there causing trouble.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's probably because any modern MMOs that have events would probably have Twitch streamers chasing the content and their armies of 20,000 people in one location.

Imagine the EQ BOTB, but every single Asmongold stalker is also there causing trouble.

Isn't that sorta what happened when cohh played on a server?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Isn't that sorta what happened when cohh played on a server?
Cohh had a guild of like 600 people and I think 500 of them never made it out of Uguk. Tiggles became his raid leader and later took the guild when Cohh inevitably abandoned it in Kunark.

• 2Like

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember joining the Necro best of the best on my server. I was 59 or 60 but I didn't have the specter pet regardless. But I figured out that if you cast charm pet on their specter it nuke their specter dead and most of the opponents weren't expecting that. They also weren't expecting me to show up without a pet which kind of threw them off too
Bleacher?

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One of the dickest moves I pulled in EQ was on my first character, at level ~15 barb warrior I was at Erud's Crossing killing zombies and willowisps because I heard the stones were really valuable. Someone else, a mage or wizard about my level was there too taking some of the kills and I had noticed that zombies had different aggro than normal mobs, where if you didn't hurt them much they would easily peel off on other players they ran into. So while this poor shmuck was meditating and unable to see anything, I rounded up like 5 zombies and ran them into him and logged out while he was being killed. I did it in such a way though that by the time the zombies got to him, I was behind a hill and he had no way of knowing I did that. I logged in and he was dead.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I miss when you could play a monster and mess with players lol.

I'll never forget this when I was a guide on Quellious.

GM Ozzmar made me and 3 other guides into giant Cockatrices. I was the biggest - a shaman named "Big Bird" and we just started running around killing anyone we could find in the Overthere. I was also the only one that could use shouts. Funniest moment: Me (Big Bird) Polly, Cracker, and Mocking Ya. I started just going to town on people with damn near instakills on anyone I could see.

Rand01 shouts, "What the FUCK! I just got killed by Big Bird and his posse!"

About an hour later - all the others are dead and I am still standing going against 78 other players just starting to take a beating. They finally got me. Before I died I shouted out "THERE IS NO SNUFFLEUPAGUS!" used a death touch for a few and I finally went down (Couldn't believe they gave me death touch but I couldn't use it for most of the fight and it had a 30 sec refresh lol)

After all that I dropped 3 Evil Eye bags.

I couldn't stop laughing for about 2 hours after that.

Those events were fucking awesome.

"Jesus! BIG BIRD HAS DEATH TOUCH!"

lolol

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll never forget this when I was a guide on Quellious.

GM Ozzmar made me and 3 other guides into giant Cockatrices. I was the biggest - a shaman named "Big Bird" and we just started running around killing anyone we could find in the Overthere. I was also the only one that could use shouts. Funniest moment: Me (Big Bird) Polly, Cracker, and Mocking Ya. I started just going to town on people with damn near instakills on anyone I could see.

Rand01 shouts, "What the FUCK! I just got killed by Big Bird and his posse!"

About an hour later - all the others are dead and I am still standing going against 78 other players just starting to take a beating. They finally got me. Before I died I shouted out "THERE IS NO SNUFFLEUPAGUS!" used a death touch for a few and I finally went down (Couldn't believe they gave me death touch but I couldn't use it for most of the fight and it had a 30 sec refresh lol)

After all that I dropped 3 Evil Eye bags.

I couldn't stop laughing for about 2 hours after that.

Those events were fucking awesome.

"Jesus! BIG BIRD HAS DEATH TOUCH!"

lolol

The guides and their random events, good or bad, were what really elevated EQ.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Did it ever bring joy to anyone to run over guilds and wipe them when you were competing for content?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The one that still cracks me up to this day is we killed the Emperor in Ssra. It dropped the Robe and the wizard fire nuke. Brittney was up for the robe, but I translocated him to zone in so me and another wizard could split the loot.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users