Everquest Confessions

Janx

<Silver Donator>
But wait, you haven't been able to give shit to NPCs in like, forever. Particularly no drop shit? Cos I remember FoH used to have a Necro FD at our raid bosses when we beat them to a boss (only cos FoH had way less members, so if it was really late, sometimes they just didn't have the numbers). This FoH necro would give shit like Sword of Skyfire and Self Dispel weapon to the raid boss, which would make the boss 3x harder since it'd dispel all its debuffs and spam aoe. Then they made it so npc's don't accept shit anymore. That was a long ass time ago too. How'd you give all that shit to PoD? Let alone have him use it. I remember one of the last eras you could give shit to npc's was when Sean in FoH gave his Ranger epic to a banker in Thurgadin and I took a SS of the banker thanking him for Swiftwind. Then PoP came out and Swiftwind became good again and he was pissed.

Did they revert that change? It's been like since Gates or earlier since you couldn't give shit to npc's.
MechaCazic is a good damn legend. Xerxes ftw (the necro). Think he did that just for fun since it was out of era and we weren't doing POF anymore.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My Cousin married a girl from Norway he met in everquest. He's 4 or 5 years older than me and looks ---EXACTLY--- like Napoleon Dynamite with very, very similar mannerisms (that movie very well could have been about him). Apparently he was dating this girl in EQ for over a year before they started meeting up and eventually got married. I think the marriage lasted about 2 years before they got divorced. She refused to get a job or do anything at all around the house like cleaning or cooking. Literally all she did was sleep and play everquest and he was pissed off that he had to get a 2nd job to support them and had way less everquest time. She was a hideous hosebeast, too. My favorite part about all of this is that we had their wedding picture hanging up on the "family wall" at my house and my cousin had a raging boner that everyone saw right off the bat. He was tentpoling so bad it looked like a 3d picture.

Unrelated, but I remember being a dickhead when I was trying to get my rogue or beastlord epic. Don't remember which it was, but we had to kill something in Kithicor forest. I think it was beastlord epic. Anyways, I was about 16 years old and wasn't in a guild because I was only allowed to play about an hour a night tops. I only got to 60 because my dad was working out of town most of the week for those ~2 years and I figured out I could bypass the internet lock he had on my computer by just plugging straight in to the modem, so I'd play until 3am when he was gone. So I spent hours rounding up a pick-up raid full of non-raiders. I'd never done anything like this either and had no fucking idea what we were supposed to do. Finally got a group together and we went into Kithicor and promptly got our asses handed to us. I think we attempted 2 corpse runs before I just said "Getting tired, logging off" and went to bed. Got a lot of angry tells for that the next time I logged in. I don't remember if this is how it works, but I think I realized later that we could have just waited until daytime? Yea, I was a filthy casual.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My Cousin married a girl from Norway he met in everquest. He's 4 or 5 years older than me and looks ---EXACTLY--- like Napoleon Dynamite with very, very similar mannerisms (that movie very well could have been about him). Apparently he was dating this girl in EQ for over a year before they started meeting up and eventually got married. I think the marriage lasted about 2 years before they got divorced. She refused to get a job or do anything at all around the house like cleaning or cooking. Literally all she did was sleep and play everquest and he was pissed off that he had to get a 2nd job to support them and had way less everquest time. She was a hideous hosebeast, too. My favorite part about all of this is that we had their wedding picture hanging up on the "family wall" at my house and my cousin had a raging boner that everyone saw right off the bat. He was tentpoling so bad it looked like a 3d picture.

Unrelated, but I remember being a dickhead when I was trying to get my rogue or beastlord epic. Don't remember which it was, but we had to kill something in Kithicor forest. I think it was beastlord epic. Anyways, I was about 16 years old and wasn't in a guild because I was only allowed to play about an hour a night tops. I only got to 60 because my dad was working out of town most of the week for those ~2 years and I figured out I could bypass the internet lock he had on my computer by just plugging straight in to the modem, so I'd play until 3am when he was gone. So I spent hours rounding up a pick-up raid full of non-raiders. I'd never done anything like this either and had no fucking idea what we were supposed to do. Finally got a group together and we went into Kithicor and promptly got our asses handed to us. I think we attempted 2 corpse runs before I just said "Getting tired, logging off" and went to bed. Got a lot of angry tells for that the next time I logged in. I don't remember if this is how it works, but I think I realized later that we could have just waited until daytime? Yea, I was a filthy casual.
Sounds like the rogue epic to me. Probably wanted to wait until daytime because the undead would be gone. But you still would have had to kill some tough mobs for a pickup scrub raid. Don't feel bad!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when EQ was having their second annual halloween event, we did the rogue event in Kith. was pretty wild doing it with full pop at night. it was all good cuz everyone was in the zone.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I confess I was a filthy casual that never even hit 60 and never did anything that interesting. I also never ran through zones and always stuck to the zone walls. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. *hangs head in shame*

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In Classic my RL friend and I ran a scam on Veeshan where Player A would auction WTT 'Expensive Item' for 'Cheap Item' and Player B would WTS 'Cheap Item' at a massively inflated cost.
Player A would not take plat offers. "I only want Item X, it's for my twink"
Player B would make the sale, trade Player A the plat, and delete the character. Rinse and repeat.

The same friend once payed 10,000 silver to a well known North Freeport trader (Zella) for a Runed Bolster Belt instead of 10k plat.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to trade stuff between chars by dropping it on the ground. I saw so many people do that in places they thought were safe. I'll never tell where i did it. But i never saw one person even come close to it.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I saw someone running around in the weird parts of freeport or neriak and go into a random house, I'd wait 2 minutes and then go into it. I got a few bags of ok stuff doing that

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I used to trade stuff between chars by dropping it on the ground. I saw so many people do that in places they thought were safe. I'll never tell where i did it. But i never saw one person even come close to it.
I did this too, many times and not once did I get burned.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
that one poor guy that the only memory of EQ he has was losing all his gear when he went to trade it to another character. he plays wow.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found a trick to get on top of the wall in North Freeport. Used the top of the wall to drop trade, never lost anything.

Confession: During a guild war in classic I charmed someone and made him attack a guard knowing full well he'd lose xp. He got mad, I pretended I didn't know.

• 1Worf

Jais

Trakanon Raider
There's a spot in the Akanon Zoo where you can stand behind a tree and cast on one of the mobs and it will never path to you. I was super paranoid at the time doing it because I thought I'd get caught and banned. In hindsight I was like level 5, who cares.

I used picklock the door in the NFP bank, drop coins on the ground and then trap people in there. I think my largest haul was five people.

I took a train from Charlotte, NC to Trenton, NJ to hook up with a girl I met in game. That was a strange adventure at 16 years old, she was 22. She was a Wood Elf Druid.

My first character was a barb warrior, I was level 19 in Crushbone before I learned what Taunt was.

EQ was my first MMO. It took me awhile to figure out what a server was, I would just login every day and my dude was gone. I would remake him and carry on. Until I learned what a server was.

• 6Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 10 users

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Used to log in with my Afterlife bros and talk about how we were number 1 and Fires of Heaven number 2.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This thread is pretty funny, good stuff

I got ranger epic when I was 12 but I still sucked I think, but I thought that was cool. thanks for the carries

After Luclin I rerolled beastlord and met a cool mage who duped items apparently and he gave me a bunch of plat and a fungi in a house in NFP. it "cheapened" the game for me permanently

Last edited:

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I pieced together how to trigger the Ancient Cyclops to spawn in South Ro, based on a couple of different snippets of info.

No one believed me when I explained it, so I stopped trying to pass the knowledge on.

I once more or less solo'd a Walls of Anguish trial, back when they were hard as shit, and not nerfed. Got the whole Guild a lot of easy wins when I/we showed them the trick.

We, once as a guild found a broken trials timer for DON instance, and farmed the shit out of it for weeks before it was patched.

I totally used ShowEQ

• 1Like

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
My friend and I would make enchanters and once we could cast invisibility we would go to EC tunnel and try to stand between people invis and try to get them to trade shit to us on accident. I think the best thing we got was a fungi, and a ssoy.

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
On Innoruuk I sacced a friend's character from 65 to 45 because his wife logged on and said if he didn't quit EQ she was going to divorce him.

I did not help him level back up when he got a divorce a month later.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
EQ was my first MMO. It took me awhile to figure out what a server was, I would just login every day and my dude was gone. I would remake him and carry on. Until I learned what a server was.
this happened to me a few times before i caught on. i came from a game called The Realm which only had one server and they had 2 item wipes in the 3.5 years i played it. so when i switched to EQ after a while when i had my char a few levels. i would come back and it was gone. i figured oh this game is just starting and i guess they had a problem so they wiped characters or something. i rolled a new char and then it happened again. then i figured out what was going on and figured the servers were moving around due to population levels. i knew somewhere in there my 2 characters were hanging out waiting for my return. be damned if i knew where because i didnt memorize the server name. i tried again and picked a new one they just added called Errolisi Marr and wrote down the name so no mixups this time. i guess others were complaining too because after a while it started to show the server you previously logged into. later on i tried looking for my old chars. i found one on Tunare called WyattBurp, a Paladin and the other was lost to time. never found him, but he was a dark elf necro called Evilpatriot.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a spot in the Akanon Zoo where you can stand behind a tree and cast on one of the mobs and it will never path to you. I was super paranoid at the time doing it because I thought I'd get caught and banned. In hindsight I was like level 5, who cares.
I was exploiting pathing in Ak`anon near the zone to Steamfont at lvl 8 in Classic, and a GM came and warned me to stop. So at some point, apparently, someone cared.