Everquest FanFaire + FireCon 2020

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'd do somewhere not hotter than where I am and the EQ thing is a non factor.

Would people be interested in regional ones? Like Austin for Texas, Vegas for West Coast, etc?

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I like Hawaii, but I think Seoul would be cool too.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I'd do somewhere not hotter than where I am and the EQ thing is a non factor.

Would people be interested in regional ones? Like Austin for Texas, Vegas for West Coast, etc?

They would but you can’t divide 3 into 1.5 in two locations (yet). We could simulcast between the two sites and do a crush bone raid though. Would be pretty hype

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If your interested in doing this me and my sister would likely have time to actually work the arraignments/helping out. For those who are unaware trade show/convention management and production is sorta my families business.

When a_skeleton_03 was thinking of doing the last one I was really busy and sorta transferred him over to my sister to help with it. But if we legit have the money/interest for this we would be interested in perhaps helping produce it. Or at least i don't mind helping

The question that needs to be asked. Do you want to do a sort of meetup thing where people just get together at a place, and have events. IE: Like a fanfair. Or an actual Convention? If it's a convention whoever is doing this has to be prepared to possibility take a decent loss. Is Daybreak sponsoring it? that would seemingly make it far more viable imo.

Edit: i think i read this wrong, it seems Daybreak is doing a fanfair like thing, and we are possibly doing a meetup on the same weekend? am i understanding right?

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The heat is a non-factor for me. I live in south FL. It's disgusting 348 days a year, basically.

Seriously, though, I'm probably down for this. Really wish it wasn't on the west coast, though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The heat is a non-factor for me. I live in south FL. It's disgusting 348 days a year, basically.

Seriously, though, I'm probably down for this. Really wish it wasn't on the west coast, though.
Big Soy has a point. If our meetup is in Florida we have way more potential to have our own “Florida man” headline.

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I find it funny that so many on this forum are EST, but the meetups are always West. West coast is Best Coast! wooo

I don't know, this or Blizzcon next year as I couldn't make both. This one would probably be pretty fun? maybe? lol

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Plane tickets in my experience are not more expensive for a location like Vegas than it would be for any other closer destination. If you are flying anyways, and the majority of people will be, it’s going to be about $250 to anywhere in the country Southwest services.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Only Vegas or EastCoast for me.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Isnt Vegas hot in August?

I know Texas is.

But it's a dry heat in vegas.

For real if you've never been, you'll be surprised at how little you notice it. Just be careful you don't get sunburned.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
One day there will be an event in Philly... oh who am I kidding, nobody gonna want to pay a sugar tax for their mtn dew.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Vegas is probably one of the most convenient places to have any kind of meet up in the U.S. as @a_skeleton_03 noted it's one of the cheapest places to fly from pretty much anywhere.

• 2Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Vegas is probably one of the most convenient places to have any kind of meet up in the U.S. as @a_skeleton_03 noted it's one of the cheapest places to fly from pretty much anywhere.

Also if the party ends up being a boring nerdfest, at least there is free drinks. (And craps of course)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As much as I really don't give a fuck to meet any of you assholes, Austin is definitely the most centric location. Vegas secondary. Even more so if you live out of country.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
As a wise man once said: "I would if I could, but I can't so I won't!" Have fun you glorious neckbeards!