Everquest II

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
r taunts going to actually taunt ppl in PVP like at original release ? That was one of the coolest things, group mechanics in PVP like taunting healers etc,, taunting to save healers etc... Anyone know ? I am getting excited for this.

That said, I hear that its only a 3 month deal then wipe ? No progression of spansions ?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
r taunts going to actually taunt ppl in PVP like at original release ? That was one of the coolest things, group mechanics in PVP like taunting healers etc,, taunting to save healers etc... Anyone know ? I am getting excited for this.

That said, I hear that its only a 3 month deal then wipe ? No progression of spansions ?
Taunts worked in pvp on beta

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Anyone wanting to group up on live lmk. I barely played beta but if anyone wants to play there im level 11 or 10 lol

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
That Nagafen rule-set looks very solid. I have not played EQ2 since umm.. it was a pvp server right after those dark fairy people came out. Was a coercer. Wish they'd release this ruleset for EQ 1 too.

• 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Taunts worked in pvp on beta

Thats very cool. Eq2 pvp was unique as your roles still played a part in pvp. A full group with the right approach could steamroll by using the same mechanics as pvE. Taunting ppl off healers etc.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Thats very cool. Eq2 pvp was unique as your roles still played a part in pvp. A full group with the right approach could steamroll by using the same mechanics as pvE. Taunting ppl off healers etc.

It's good shit. Graphics and feel are a little off for the calladooty generation but the game play is there.

Careful, those "mobs" taunt and kite u back.... and detaunt!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Any other semi serious players considering another run at PVE server yet again?

Just curious....they seem to suck me back in each time.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Any other semi serious players considering another run at PVE server yet again?

Just curious....they seem to suck me back in each time.

I am torn between pvp and pvE. Pvp eq2 was great but I am not sure about the pvp yielding so much xp, I liked originally fighting over control of content as the "pvp game" rather than just fighting ppl all day.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am torn between pvp and pvE. Pvp eq2 was great but I am not sure about the pvp yielding so much xp, I liked originally fighting over control of content as the "pvp game" rather than just fighting ppl all day.

EQ2 pvp is as hardcore as it gets. Its extremely high impact-- like crash dummies.

I'd pass on pvp if you haven't played EQ2 pvp before. A lot of people tried in beta recently and just ended up quitting.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did EQ2 offer any kind of progression between expansions or was it just about leveling to the next tier as fast as possible, like WOW? I'm just kind of curious because I doubt I can play super hardcore and 16 weeks feels limited for an expansion, unless you go hardcore.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
EQ2 pvp is as hardcore as it gets. Its extremely high impact-- like crash dummies.

I'd pass on pvp if you haven't played EQ2 pvp before. A lot of people tried in beta recently and just ended up quitting.

Fresh faces got absolutely brutalized.

But maybe you like a challenge.

I fought uphill both ways in the snow to get good enough to snab a Destroyer title and keep it on Death toll.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I mean you just had to solo on a scout and evac anytime things looked even marginally challenging and you'll get destroyer with enough time. I liked the title system, but it wasn't really and indicator of anything other than selectively choosing fights.

Edit: or group and roll over solo players obviously. That was the most common

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean you just had to solo on a scout and evac anytime things looked even marginally challenging and you'll get destroyer with enough time. I liked the title system, but it wasn't really and indicator of anything other than selectively choosing fights.

Edit: or group and roll over solo players obviously. That was the most common

I did play a scout and I did do that

But I took plenty of Slayer+ fights. Ain't some bitch lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the PVE server worth playing? Is it gonna have those gay ass familiars or whatever that are p2w? edit; they will not

fucking hell I'm really about to play this game again arent I?