Everquest II

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
who this?

what is your take on the current eq2 engine that would be used for any TLE server? From what I have read in this thread, the game seems to just be nerfed to infinity, so is not anything resembling the mechanics from when we were playing

Any one of these names ring your bell? Cosmic, Stryph, Irenik, Hearth, Gthorn, Razlin, Liahona, Lyrus, Ragefighter, Drummle, Kythik, Eirini, Marcuz, Sirous, Malyc, Necik, Bautch, Goddog, Galhound, Vazdeline, Plazmatic, Wozamil, Thornja, Atlanis etc etc?

The old contents (at least from Vanilla all the way to EoF) are super easy on TLE thanks to those stats from later expansions. So to me, the raiding experience on TLE was very different compared to the early days of Live.

Any one of these names ring your bell? Cosmic, Stryph, Irenik, Hearth, Gthorn, Razlin, Liahona, Lyrus, Ragefighter, Drummle, Kythik, Eirini, Marcuz, Sirous, Malyc, Necik, Bautch, Goddog, Galhound, Vazdeline, Plazmatic, Wozamil, Thornja, Atlanis etc etc?

The old contents (at least from Vanilla all the way to EoF) are super easy on TLE thanks to those stats from later expansions. So to me, the raiding experience on TLE was very different compared to the early days of Live.

Oh yeah. Stryph, Drummle, and Thornja ring a bell. Hope all is well dude.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
TLE is all I have. As was mentioned a few posts ago, you literally cannot catch up to the current player base due to tithe buffing your stats stupid high. So I take EQ2 for what it is, a decent community on the TLE server(s). I'll use the new HQ based server to ding around in groups and get some nice HQ gear for my Stormhold chars.

Though I plan on rerolling beastlord when they turn that switch on :p

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fallen Gate FAQ

I think they are trying to see how fast they can make this new TLP dead. I'm not even gonna bother playing on that shite. Launch value exp lol.
I mean it took me like 10 days to reach max level on stormhold, i think i was at like 4-5 days play time at that point. I know casuals it took more like 20-30 days. /Shrug, it wont be that bad. You can quest up just doing all the quests in the zones at level probably in like fifteen days not even going hard.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I remember SH and RTT didn't have potions first few weeks, don't see anything in the FAQ about it.

Assuming potions? (XP)

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I remember SH and RTT didn't have potions first few weeks, don't see anything in the FAQ about it.

Assuming potions? (XP)
They def will, they are gonna fuck this cash cow. But i don't think anyone will buy like $200 worth of it and grind up to 50 in like 1 day.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
They def will, they are gonna fuck this cash cow. But i don't think anyone will buy like $200 worth of it and grind up to 50 in like 1 day.
If I had the time I prob would buy a good amount. I remember there being a vote for them in which I'm positive everyone said no but they added them after 2 or 3 weeks anyway.
IMO it's what really made the server lose its fun. Most of the fun was leveling and progressing through the zones. I hate being forced to use them and blow through the content (as well as irl money) or to be out leveled by my group within 20 minutes.

The best was the official forums people saying xp pots werent pay to win because levels meant nothing and everyone would eventually be max level.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
My friends and I are. If it's a clusterfuck like SH was we won't last a day though -- we want some polish on our fake nostalgia, e.g., Agnarr.

edit: we've also got a bunch of Kronos for sale at $9 per if anyone needs some. EQ2 twinking is way more fun than EQ1 twinking...

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Been off since 8am friday and need to return to work tuesday grrrr bad timing. Anyone not able to get beta server to work for past week?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'll be trying a shitty Channeler. I heard they're bad without AA, so I'll just uh, look to the future...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking about rolling Paladin... single box at first, and then add boxes later if I get into it. Figure a Paladin is a great base to a box crew? Heard their heals are OP!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Been off since 8am friday and need to return to work tuesday grrrr bad timing. Anyone not able to get beta server to work for past week?

I think they shut beta off last week.

That said, I will be rolling Assassin/Wiz - 2 box for anyone that wants/needs group

Jimbolini will be the name.

Not sure if any serious guilds are coming over

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tearofsoul Tearofsoul

How you gonna forget your boy Wayoff from that list.

I transferred over with Necik to join that guild (from Paragon on Everfrost).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I think they shut beta off last week.

That said, I will be rolling Assassin/Wiz - 2 box for anyone that wants/needs group

Jimbolini will be the name.

Not sure if any serious guilds are coming over

I am also looking for a serious guild too, i can play pretty much any class but prefer mage DPS