Everquest II

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wait, so they changed every single spell in the game, and refuse to give any more information, numbers, etc. right before the new TLE goes live?

Fucking lol

Its nearly impossible to be more fucking retarded than the current Eq2 team

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Browsing eq2 forum, there are two semi-hardcore raiding guilds forming for the new TLE - Neustart (EST) and Dissonance (PST)

Which guild are you guys gonna be in? Personally I am more toward PST guild since I got home & stay up pretty late even I am on EST
If I was going to grind up to 50 I'd literally just get every player that is 20 levels above everyone else and kill everything before any guild was able to.

Anyone see any word on vit pots?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Actually with the exp potion, grouping experience on the first TLE was enjoyable: Fallen Gate/Sormhold -> Ruins of Varsoon -> Runnyeye -> Temple of Cazic-Thule -> Solusek's Eye/Permafrost

Btw, I think I am going to join Dissonance and see how that guild does (unless there are other options), prob won't see much for the first month or two, will let you guys know.

I inquired with that guild as well....going to see if they have a stable setup.

Like you said, first couple weeks says alot about who will play semi-serious

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Sounds like some pussy shit to me but okay !

I know right? I mean relax people, it is just a TLE, but yet drama still exists.

Anyone see any word on vit pots?

Pretty sure vit pots is/will be available, they are the $$$ for DBG

I inquired with that guild as well....going to see if they have a stable setup.

Like you said, first couple weeks says alot about who will play semi-serious

Unless DBG made some serious changes on T5 contents, 90% of those raids aren't that meaningful as Calbiyum already pointed out. I am pretty sure we will see merges, disband of guilds upon DoF release and starting to stabilize from there.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The biggest mess raiding EQ2 to me was the 24 person raid cap. They had 24 classes on release and some raids straight up needed 1 specific class in every raid group. It meant right out the gate that raids required fewer people than they even designed classes for. Not to mention, you had people coming from EQ1 used to raiding with 48-72 people. Guilds that moved over just had tons of people sitting out. That was the core of EQ2 raiding. You need to field enough active members to be successful, which meant having extras in case someone no-showed. Every single damn raid was full and had people sitting on the sidelines unable to participate. It never sat well with me. The cap of 24 is just far too small. (FWIW I played Beta through RoK, came back for SF and finally quit for good during the train wreck that was DoV)

After Avatars were on farm for a bit I think. Stryph and the Officers performed a hostile take over of Defiance from Cosmic when he temporarily transferred guild leadership to Stryph so he could change his characters name to Gravitas.

Stryph kept the guild leadership and told Cosmic to bounce in ventrilo.

Its been so long I forget when this happened. I forget if you were still around by that time but I want to say it was well before the guild was doing Wuoshi. It was definitely around the time that the Avatar raids we're new.

Cosmic had gotten really sour in game and in vent threatening people with gkicks for even talking during the raid. It got real bad people were talking about leaving.

Anyways. Yea. EQ2 drama was super fiery back then.

Defiance got toxic. I eventually left the server, but it was after we had Emerald Halls to farm status. I used to chat with members still in the guild and they said all kinds of nonsense was happening. As near as I can remember, the GL just got very wrapped up in himself and his inner circle. Not sure who the GL even was, can't remember. I moved on cuz life is too short and eq2 was, ultimately, kind of ez when all is said and done. Think I moved on to Dracos Argent, but forget which server they were on.

edit: and not even sure if ACT is still the parse program of choice. But it was getting kind of ridiculous. I app'd to NPU at one point and auditioned, as it were. They simply measured my stats on ACT. I am not the sharpest dude on the block, but I am still reliable and was playing a lot those days. But no matter. ACT said I was 10% less dps than another coercer app.

I always wondered, do these people parse everything? Do they hook up ACT to their jaws as they eat dinner? "Hah, I was masticating 15.7 protein mass per chew, you only were hitting, at best, 13.8. My teeth outparse you."

I found that end result of parse madness so sad.

Last edited:

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Adv vit pots are on marketplace :(

This is really the only point of this server. Just tried to do Isle of Refuge. Finished my quests and ended up on level 3, my only remaining quests now are level 6.

Fantastic progression really.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
This is really the only point of this server. Just tried to do Isle of Refuge. Finished my quests and ended up on level 3, my only remaining quests now are level 6.

Fantastic progression really.
Go to neriak/frostfang peat bog etc. Gotta move around a lot. I agree the scaling is fucked but adding vit pots at launch is just a pay to win cash grab

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Go to neriak/frostfang peat bog etc. Gotta move around a lot. I agree the scaling is fucked but adding vit pots at launch is just a pay to win cash grab

Well yeah, this is why they release these a few times a year. Almost no dev costs and nearly pure profit. The amount of vitality pots and bags they sell must keep the lights on for DBG. A few guildies were bitching that one pot only got him one level in the 30s lol. /sigh I hit 10 and will wait for my vitality to naturally come abooot.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I remember vitality on Stormhold was pretty insane when they released the pots but it wasn't for 2 or 3 weeks

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This server makes me think DBG is testing just how many times people will do the 'fresh start' thing. This exp feels way slower than when Stormhold launched. Stormhold of course is now dead (/ all showed 24 people yesterday, probably bot groups who didnt get the memo). RIP

Raid guild mostly moved to this new server, and I can't stand the 0.005% a kill and .005% a quest exp without buying pot$, so I I'm out :*(

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Mildly curious, this time did they take the level 10 quest items and move them to the raid bosses?