Everquest - Live Servers

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm honestly not sure if I could or would play EQ for free. If it is anything like playing EQ2 for free was, there's too many restrictions that would annoy the everliving fuck out of me.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think all the Prestige tagged gear is out of the question?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm honestly not sure if I could or would play EQ for free. If it is anything like playing EQ2 for free was, there's too many restrictions that would annoy the everliving fuck out of me.

Test server is the only way to go if doing F2P EQLive, for this reason.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Couple of RL friends and I started on FV. They scoped it out first and said it was pretty fun. EXP bonus (50%), no NO TRADE items for the most part, decent population, and seems like nice peeps overall.

It's really just to knock around on during some downtime. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably pop back on Agnarr closer to the holidays but don't want to start up a sub given my schedule. Hoping with mercs I can play some stuff I don't typically play.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If you're just molo'ing and hanging with friends, are there any guides for armor, weapons, etc.? What expansion do you start caring about gear if you have Defiant? I'm assuming it's better than PoP as that's really as far as my brain has catalogued EQ stuff.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mulligan, Defiant will exceed EP armor, iirc. Had a warrior alt i tooled around in had defiant plus a Fabled sword or two and was like 14khp ( no augs etc just gear ) which without buffs was good at that time. Defiant stops being good after 80ish IIRC.

Auto Grant AA's will keep you ahead of the game as well. If you are on FV you can pick up some armor along the way to be decent almost everything is trade. Gearing a tank will be a money / time pit for a while. EQResource has some good guides for expansions and how to level / gear. Almarr also has some decent guides.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Leaked pictures of the new expansion zone, Plane of Smoke:

dims.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Secrets... i'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at that joke. It really frustrates me how much time, resources, and money that man wasted.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't worry, he's working on VR experiences now! Maybe he'll release something on the Oculus Grift.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ponytail is the George Lucas of video games. Instead of focusing on traditional good game(film) making, they keep trying to break the mold.

Facial Recognition and Voxels are the Jar Jar Binks of gaming

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Whoa... lets not give him that much credit. Lucas did create a franchise that is beloved by millions before becoming a self-indulgent wiener. Ponytail never made anything...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Live stream wrapped up moments ago. 8 (9 according to chat) new raids, new stat - Luck, and a ton of recycled models.

Thoughts?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last time I played (probably 6-8 years ago) almost all of the stats were worthless except for maybe heroic dex and agility for tanks. Not sure if that ever changed but pretty funny they’d make a new stat when half of them were already worthless.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Ponytail is the George Lucas of video games. Instead of focusing on traditional good game(film) making, they keep trying to break the mold.

Facial Recognition and Voxels are the Jar Jar Binks of gaming

Facial Rec will be the next wave of social media. Being able to hold your phone up to someones face and Dox them realtime.

No real uses in gaming but a RL hot or not game would be pretty mean

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Facial Rec will be the next wave of social media. Being able to hold your phone up to someones face and Dox them realtime.

Umm....no.

sorry to break this to you genius, the internet, celly, facebook, twitter and all that bullshit is popular because of its anonymity. You can spy on your friends/enemies or shit talk your boss on twitter with fake account.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I don't know why you need Facial Rec when you can already video chat / facetime / stream / etc.
Seems pointless.

Also I'm not saying these techs couldn't be good somewhere, but you need a real visionary to pull it off. The Jar Jar Binks tech was about 10years too early. Now almost every movie has full CGI characters.

But Facial Rec seems like it isn't needed anywhere so idk about that.

Voxels was also a shit strategy... which I had embraced for a little bit, but what turned out happening is they got sucked into the voxel game and abandoned EQ3 which was where the true excitement was. People playing with Voxels were better off playing with Maya. The smaller building blocks (comparative to Minecraft) just meant a more tedious/time consuming building game where you may as well just use an actual modeling program.

I like how Fortnite went with larger building tiles and it became a smash hit... Ponytail could have been a revolutionary! But he got lost in the detail

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Umm....no.

sorry to break this to you genius, the internet, celly, facebook, twitter and all that bullshit is popular because of its anonymity. You can spy on your friends/enemies or shit talk your boss on twitter with fake account.

Ok dudes, whatever you want to think.

But facial rec will be used for mass realtime doxing.

Hold up your camera, and see those who matter and those who do not, in relation to your interests.

Its a guaranteed success and would take facebook 1 week to create. If there is 100 pics of your face, a neural network can detect it from a crowd with exact accuracy, unless it simply cant see your face.

All these people who gave social media all these pictures of their face, well now there is a big use for all of those selfies. For big brother to point you out in a crowd.

Real life will no longer be "anonymous" until you interact with the other individual. You will be able to read all about that hot chick that passed by, and maybe even catch some bikini pics in the process