Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Every single time they do mergers things get fucked because of duplicate player names combined with player housing and guild neighborhoods. Every. Single. Time.

If I had to guess the biggest issue is coming from them dumping Trakanon AND Fippy both into Vox at the same time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah except now they say the merges are fine and it's the patch that's screwed up... so they didn't do that part right either.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Starting fresh with a sub on Xegony, Gnome enchanter. Anyone around?
1594677975236.png

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just started this up yesterday for the first time in 10 years. I have no idea what I'm doing. Do the mercs ever die? My merc just face tanks yellows like it's nothing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably play on live in the fall when the new expansion comes out, but I'm on Bristlebane.

Right now a bunch of us are playign on the new TLP on Aradune.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just started this up yesterday for the first time in 10 years. I have no idea what I'm doing. Do the mercs ever die? My merc just face tanks yellows like it's nothing.
Mercs, especially the tank merc, will carry you till 60. After that they start to drop off in efficacy.

The best thing I recommend to people is coordinate playing and leveling together and consider boxing. Even if you get a heroic character it's a loooong haul to get up to where there are lots of people playing. EQ has added so much group synergy buffs over the years it makes less and less sense to solo as you level.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'll probably play on live in the fall when the new expansion comes out, but I'm on Bristlebane.

Right now a bunch of us are playign on the new TLP on Aradune.
Is it too late to join you guys on Aradune?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it too late to join you guys on Aradune?
No, it's basically the perfect time. The server ran like shit previously but should be good now because they opened up free transfers off of it. There's still enough time before the Kunark release that it'd be easy to hit 50 before Kunark and there are a bunch of people leveling. It'll probably be a good time after Kunark releases too from all the people leveling iksars.

Note that I expect the servers to run like shit when Kunark releases, but we'll see how bad it gets with free transfers + months of time for DPG to improve it (haha)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
No, it's basically the perfect time. The server ran like shit previously but should be good now because they opened up free transfers off of it. There's still enough time before the Kunark release that it'd be easy to hit 50 before Kunark and there are a bunch of people leveling. It'll probably be a good time after Kunark releases too from all the people leveling iksars.

Note that I expect the servers to run like shit when Kunark releases, but we'll see how bad it gets with free transfers + months of time for DPG to improve it (haha)
Ok cool, i made an enchanter on aradune. I don't know how invested i'll get but having to take a boat to qeynos is hilarious. My guy is Armadon.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to make the ui normal on 4k or is the game too old for that? Is there a guild for grouping?

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
My Merc tank at 100 on selos is still smashing all group content with a healer Merc and my cleric spamming grp heal when needed. And I do mean smashing. Merc tank is really good at picking up all adds quickly, healer Merc is just always amazing and a must have.

Don't listen to anyone who says Merc tank isnt good. Mage/BL aa'd up pet can tank better, sure, but the ease in which Merc picks up adds outweighs them imo as long as you have Merc healer and a healer of your own to spam grp heal if needed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user