Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Two different GM's have responded to two different reports, but we honestly don't know. We know that as many as 2 of those "characters" have not been on since.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Two different GM's have responded to two different reports, but we honestly don't know. We know that as many as 2 of those "characters" have not been on since.
Hopefully they actually did something, it has gotten kinda pitiful how much they allow clear cheating right out in the open at this point. Last TLP I played was Phinny and it was no where near this bad, people cheated and used MQ sure but they atleast attempted to hide it.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Those were oldskool Legacy of Steel players in the video.... someone's either a fan of them or an old LoSer is doing some shifty shit :p

lost

<Bronze Donator>
if anything happened it was probably a 3 day suspension, start counting

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched over half the video and didn't really see anything that would indicate cheating, then he started to talk and explain all the clues that showed macroquest in action, and then I could see it. I think when a GM looks to them for cheating, they are not looking at gameplay, but obvious cheating like warping. The fact that they can target things that they can't see proves they are cheating, it's that easy once you know what to look for in a video. Would be nice if they could afford more active GMs, I kinda miss the play nice policy.

*I do use macroquest on the emu's to get the map with the mobs on it, it's rather handy, but never got into the whole automated play, just not smart enough to figure all that stuff out. No, I do not use macroquest on live, you have to compile it, and i have no idea how to do that.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Automated play on Emu's or Live Servers where there is basically little to no player population is fine. You want to do stuff and you have to do it yourself? Cool! These servers are specifically for people to interact with other people and "enjoy" the game. Unfortunately it's people trying to enjoy the game finding any worthwhile camps taken by automated garbage cans rarely and more often just some dude with 8 $100 laptops and a full group or two of mages waiting to nuke the mob when his SEQ timer shows it's supposed to come up.

I personally had to buy my GEBS from a chinese farmer because it's not worth my time trying to compete and then win a roll in those fuckass camps. They're one of the only pieces of gear I've personally bought and haven't farmed/had farmed by guildmates for me. The best part is while Langdeng's boxes were farming GEBs, I was probably making the equivalent of 4-5 krono at the time. Then he sold it to me for like 1.1 krono's worth of plat.

It's just fucking stupid. I'll make more playing the game than they will actively trying to farm it. But semi-automated afk farming is way more easier than having to pay attention to the game 95% of the time I guess.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Update:

He's still in the same place doing the same shit.

The irony of it is if we came in and trained the shit out of him, he could probably report us and get us banned or suspended. That's the state of DBG CS right now.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Well, well, well! Look, it's some good ol' Trucidation folks, their leader in fact, Nizzar, using Macroquest on Mangler! Very neat! But remember, MQ2 totally doesn't work on TLP's!

I heard some of his characters went bye-bye. Shame. Shame.

Wheel on, you cheating piece of shit!

that's some low quality boxing, is that an enchanter without a pet, or a wizard? pulling singles towards a full group, at that pace?

i expected more from nizzar

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
that's some low quality boxing, is that an enchanter without a pet, or a wizard? pulling singles towards a full group, at that pace?

i expected more from nizzar

For completely automated 6 box exp, that's pretty much as efficient as you can get while also being safe.

However, if he was really playing all those chars non automated, I guarantee he would have learned by now to stack all 6 chars near each other and pull to the same exact spot every time so mob gets hit by melee and doesn't ping pong around out of melee range from random box threat. There is no way a 6 boxer is going to reposition a war, monk, and bard in to melee during, and after every single fight. By lvl 10 he'd have said fuck this and stacked em all up

Also looks like monk may be body pulling, as noted by how the Inc mobs train off on whoever closest. A non automated played monk wouldn't do that, as they'd want some threat on pull to ensure the mob comes to the exact spot for all melee range on pull

I think that's a pretty good way to tell automated vs non automated 6 box

Last edited:

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
For completely automated 6 box exp, that's pretty much as efficient as you can get while also being safe.

However, if he was really playing all those chars non automated, I guarantee he would have learned by now to stack all 6 chars near each other and pull to the same exact spot every time so mob gets hit by melee and doesn't ping pong around out of melee range from random box threat. There is no way a 6 boxer is going to reposition a war, monk, and bard in to melee during, and after every single fight. By lvl 10 he'd have said fuck this and stacked em all up

Also looks like monk may be body pulling, as noted by how the Inc mobs train off on whoever closest. A non automated played monk wouldn't do that, as they'd want some threat on pull to ensure the mob comes to the exact spot for all melee range on pull

I think that's a pretty good way to tell automated vs non automated 6 box
I think thats the idea, make you mq2 boxes look like 6 separate people playing.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Idk, as a normal player 4 boxing you learn to stack chars. This separation is what makes it so obvious, esp the way the melee turn after finding their resting loc

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Had a GM visit me farming mistmoore castle rooftop, told me I had to find a new camp because my "pet was going through doors" to attack monsters. I said thats the way the game works, he said yes poor design find a new spot.

Not surprised they havent done anything about nizzar, as I said there was huge footage of 12 boxer stacking characters in a corner in chardok and they would run out to engage, run back to corner, then /face direction all at the same time, and the GMs didnt ban him. It's pretty amazing you can have such blatant evidence of automated farming and they still won't do it, and if they come and watch you and you respond, its OK cause youre not afk.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think a lot of these GMs really don't know EQ. Like, they were given some training and let go in the world with their minimum wage paychecks.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had a GM visit me farming mistmoore castle rooftop, told me I had to find a new camp because my "pet was going through doors" to attack monsters. I said thats the way the game works, he said yes poor design find a new spot.
Maybe his explanation was off or his game knowledge was piss poor? But... the Mistmoore Castle rooftop was (I imagine still is) highly exploitable. I remember there being spots you could cast on mob and they would literally just stand there not moving, taking what ever damage you threw at them till they died. My shaman and my necro back in the day took advantage of this and it was definitely exploiting. Still, the GM had to be EQ-brain-dead if they told you to stop, because your "pet was going through doors".

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe his explanation was off or his game knowledge was piss poor? But... the Mistmoore Castle rooftop was (I imagine still is) highly exploitable. I remember there being spots you could cast on mob and they would literally just stand there not moving, taking what ever damage you threw at them till they died. My shaman and my necro back in the day took advantage of this and it was definitely exploiting. Still, the GM had to be EQ-brain-dead if they told you to stop, because your "pet was going through doors".

Nah I was just using my level 61 POP mage with ward of xegony to /pet attack gargoyles and the best radius was to be on the roof. At that level it wont get aggro from other mobs either. The pet does his thing as the game allows, wasnt casting on any mobs or anything shady, I figured if people got away with it in runnyeye while attended then whats the diff? But you know GMs now a days are God and can ban you for whatever they want, figured best to go to a different spot. Ya I'm a lame farmer!