Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
WoW Classic cannot come too soon for me to stop playing on these cess pool servers.

If you've got the EQ itch and haven't started playing yet, don't play on Mangler (or probably Selo for that matter). It's not EQ as you remember it. Go play on p99. And i say that with a very high degree of contempt for p99.
Im enjoying the bandolier for my bard. Does the extended target window work too?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you've got the EQ itch and haven't started playing yet, don't play on Mangler (or probably Selo for that matter). It's not EQ as you remember it. Go play on p99. And i say that with a very high degree of contempt for p99.
Chu talkin about bro? Selo is a blast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With AA it does, going to be a while though. Battle Ready, TSS Expansion, 5 AA points.

Vlett Vlett I think Extended Target window is OoW.

Last edited:

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
The extended target window wasn't introduced until Underfoot (EQ's 16th expansion). It's possible they included it earlier for progression servers. Anyone who stuck around on Phinigel would likely be able to confirm for you. They just recently hit Underfoot.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just hit 49 yesterday, first time I've stuck with a TLP more than a few days. Not quite sure what to do after I hit 50, don't really have the time for serious raiding. Do people just farm shit for 2 more months?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Just hit 49 yesterday, first time I've stuck with a TLP more than a few days. Not quite sure what to do after I hit 50, don't really have the time for serious raiding. Do people just farm shit for 2 more months?

You don't really have to do serious raiding in Classic. Find a guild that raids 2 or 3 times a week where you can make 1 or 2 of the raids each week and you'll have all your raid gear in plenty of time for Kunark.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly you only "need" the 41 haste item_(Mask?)from Sky and your epic weapon drops. Everything else is just quality of life things until Velious. (Fungi, etc.)
I wasn't even that excited about most of the VP items when we cleared it every repop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, was looking at the stuff for epic but it looks like a giant pain in the ass for mages. Bunch of long ass camps, one of which is the cloak from Quillmane (probably permanenty camped by Krono farmers), and from what I gather the epic pet becomes useless once you ding 61.

Will have a look at finding a way to do the raids though, thanks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Mage is definitely one of the worst epics to do lol, i started mine but i doubt i'll bother with it.
Made a rogue alt instead to level so i can swap to him in kunark lol

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, was looking at the stuff for epic but it looks like a giant pain in the ass for mages. Bunch of long ass camps, one of which is the cloak from Quillmane (probably permanenty camped by Krono farmers), and from what I gather the epic pet becomes useless once you ding 61.

Will have a look at finding a way to do the raids though, thanks.
No one permanently camps Quill and the cloak is no drop so would be hard to farm for krono. Would need a legion of alts to MQ it.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Haste cap is 75% in classic, 85% 51-60 and 100% at 60 so haste items in classic don’t help that much, with swift like the wind on you only need a 15% haste item. Speed of the Shissar in Kunark is 66% I think so you do need a cof or better by that point.

Xevy

Log Wizard
No one permanently camps Quill and the cloak is no drop so would be hard to farm for krono. Would need a legion of alts to MQ it.

It was heavily camped by farmers who then sold the loot rights for 2-3kr. My mage friend bought his like 2-3 weeks ago. Not sure if it's still perma-camped, but I know for sure it is camped during primetime as the clicky is amazing and every boxer on the server has 2+ mages.

Playing P99 vs Mangler or Selos is not comparable. P99 is in Velious, forever, and Mangler is still in classic for another month and a half, whereas Selos is about to fucking blast off once they get to Planes of Power. Selos/Mangler has boxers and shit, but P99 is literally run by corrupt entities that have god-like power. So I'd much rather outsmart some fucking mages set up like a tower defense with bolt casts than some guy who can take the item from my inventory and give it to some one else because "FTE" or whatever bullshit they want to say.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Selos/Mangler has boxers and shit, but P99 is literally run by corrupt entities that have god-like power. So I'd much rather outsmart some fucking mages set up like a tower defense with bolt casts than some guy who can take the item from my inventory and give it to some one else because "FTE" or whatever bullshit they want to say.

Yeah all fucking day. Fuck p99

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Meech

Molten Core Raider

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bard is reasonably set to just focus on EXP. Random guy helped me pushed 6 levels in SolA the other night so I'm up to 26.

I still haven't taken the time to see if any of this crew is playing here. Rolling with a few eqmac friends and RL guys who will quit in a week.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This weekend only, Norrathians on ALL servers can enjoy some very special bonuses!

From now through 12:00 PM PT on Monday, April 22, 2019, players can take advantage of the following:
  • 50% Increased Rare Spawn Chance
  • 50% Faction Gain / Loss Multiplier Bonus
  • 50% More Level and AA Experience

We hope you enjoy these bonuses set you up for an exciting weekend of adventures.